Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Cadillac seeks new advertising agency

14 posts in this topic

Current agency Modernista! not interested in participating

Cadillac_logo.jpg

In a press release, Cadillac stated the desire to seek a new advertising strategy while current agency Modernista! is not interested in continuing their business with Cadillac.

DETROIT -- General Motors Co. says it is looking for a new creative advertising agency for its Cadillac brand.

“As we continue the renaissance of the Cadillac brand, we are looking for the best agency partner to deliver outstanding advertising that attracts the luxury-vehicle buyer,” Bryan Nesbitt, general manager of Cadillac, said today in a statement. “Modernista, our current agency partner, has elected not to participate.”

GM hired Boston-based Modernista as Cadillac's advertising agency in the summer of 2006.

Cadillac is using Ark Advisors to help find a new agency.

I liked a lot of the Modernista! spots... like the one with the jeweled crest.

The recent ads have been quite good, I wonder why Modernista "isn't interested".

Cadillac hasn't had a good ad in 5 years, this is a good move. But can't GM do anything for themselves? They hired a company to find another company to hire to make the ads. They have a marketing department, why not make their own ads. Or else cut the marketing department way down and outsource all of it.

Cadillac hasn't had a good ad in 5 years, this is a good move. But can't GM do anything for themselves? They hired a company to find another company to hire to make the ads. They have a marketing department, why not make their own ads. Or else cut the marketing department way down and outsource all of it.

Have you even seen a Caddy ad in the last five years?

:rolleyes:

Have you even seen a Caddy ad in the last five years?

:rolleyes:

Yes, lots of boring Kate Walsh CTS ads with really dark backgrounds so you can barely see the car, and Tiki Barber in an Escalade. Actually they had one good ad since the Led Zepplin era, the one with Punkrocker by the Teddy Bears

Aside from that, Modernista was a dud, Cadillac sales keep dropping, when was the last time Cadillac saw a sales increase? Maybe 2003? I honestly don't know.

The Led Zepplin era had great ads, they've gone into the tank since.

Edited by smk4565

i would most certainly like to be kate walsh's seat in that CTS but aside from that really Modernista hasn't done $h! for the brand to be honest.

Yes, lots of boring Kate Walsh CTS ads with really dark backgrounds so you can barely see the car, and Tiki Barber in an Escalade. Actually they had one good ad since the Led Zepplin era, the one with Punkrocker by the Teddy Bears

Aside from that, Modernista was a dud, Cadillac sales keep dropping, when was the last time Cadillac saw a sales increase? Maybe 2003? I honestly don't know.

It's not the ads, it's the cars. Besides the CTS and new SRX, Cadillacs have grown stale lately.

I thought Modernista ads were pretty well done. They had the "vibe" that Cadillac needs. Also, I though the Modernista print ads were a lot better than the "rock and roll" era ads.

I love this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIredVXj25g

The recent ads have been quite good, I wonder why Modernista "isn't interested".

It's a diplomatic way of saying "Modernista has been booted" without actually saying it.

It's better for GM and better for Modernista to say that the Agency has declined to participate, rather than "We (or more specifically Maximum Bob) has decided that Modernista sucks. Therefore, they have been fired and we are taking proposals from others for the Cadillac marketing campaign contract."

I thought the led zepplin ads were stupid. Cadillac is too classy for led zepplin, that belongs on a camaro type of car. Kate Walsh, however is amazing. I know advertising works, but I didn't buy my Cadillac because of the commercials. I bought it because it's the best car in it's class. Period.

I think everyone's sales are dropping, not just Cadillac, but there are many reasons that GM as a whole has lost sales and I think it'd be a hard case to make that "bad" ads were the cause of that. The more aggressive ads where Chevrolet is comparing it's vehicles to the japanese crap is, I think something all of them need to do. Having bought a BMW 5 series brand new in 2003, the CTS in comparison is far and away the better overall vehicle. Cadillac just needs more cars in its lineup like the CTS.

P.S. Kate Walsh is extremely HOT.

I thought the led zepplin ads were stupid. Cadillac is too classy for led zepplin, that belongs on a camaro type of car. Kate Walsh, however is amazing. I know advertising works, but I didn't buy my Cadillac because of the commercials. I bought it because it's the best car in it's class. Period.

I think everyone's sales are dropping, not just Cadillac, but there are many reasons that GM as a whole has lost sales and I think it'd be a hard case to make that "bad" ads were the cause of that. The more aggressive ads where Chevrolet is comparing it's vehicles to the japanese crap is, I think something all of them need to do. Having bought a BMW 5 series brand new in 2003, the CTS in comparison is far and away the better overall vehicle. Cadillac just needs more cars in its lineup like the CTS.

P.S. Kate Walsh is extremely HOT.

Cadillac is too classy? They build the Escalade, a pickup truck, and the old person's Deville/DTS. Bling and chrome doesn't equal class. This is actually an area Cadillac needs work in

Everyone's sales dropped over the past year or two, but I am saying look at where Cadillac was in the 90s, or early 2000s, compared to now. They used to outsell all the imports, they really declined over the past 10 years, if that trend continues for the next 10 years they are in serious trouble.

I blame product over the ads, but the ads lately haven't been any good. Cadillac doesn't really have a clear image or message they are trying to convey.

Cadillac outsold mercedes in '05, IIRC.

-- -- -- -- --

At least Cadillac does not sell minivans, or econobox hatchbacks, or horribly outdated SUVs intro'd in 1979.

Edited by balthazar

Cadillac sales

2005: 235,000 vehicles

2006: 227,000

2007: 215,000

2008: 161,000

Mercedes sales

2005: 224,000 vehicles

2006: 248,000

2007: 253,000

2008: 225,000

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0