Sometimes...you just have to be proud;-)

I've mentioned before my mother recently has gotten a "thing" for new Camaro's, calling me about ones she sees, pointing them out when out, asking me questions about them, etc.

Yesterday I was actually home for once and while she was cooking dinner, 5pm rolled around and I clicked on Motorweek in the kitchen. This week's first test, the Camaro SS. Typically I'd be the only one interested in this show at all, but from the second "Camaro" was uttered a certain someone ordered "quiet!", turned up the volume, and intently stopped what she was doing to watch every second of the review. "Oooh, look at that" when they were doing the acceleration, and then more importantly to her, the braking tests and commenting about the rock solid pedal & Brembos. Then came the interior, to which she didn't seem hot on but a lot of that was the black with red accents (not a fan of either shade), the gas mileage ratings & observed (when they said they averaged over 20 in testing with the SS...yeah...), and the final pricing.

The finale afterwards then was "they're just so sharp, especially that front end, I have to have one." By this point my father & brother were lingering and had started to watch, but didn't say a word. So, having been responsible for every one of her cars to this point, I knew I had to start pecking with "no red or yellow, and you're good...the interior comes in gray and tan, too, and they look better than the black...the V6 alone has twice the power of your Malibu and is rated at 29mpg on the highway..."

She responded with "but I like the SS..."...okay then... :blink: ...but to be real I had to respond that a V6 RS looks identical except for the front scoop and the V6, again, had more than enough balls as it is. That went over well, and again, she just "wants one". Then started a discussion of "aren't they big?...I mean, bigger than my car? Does it have a lot of room? What about the trunk?" I reminded it's a coupe but a large one, and the back seat & trunk aren't big, but are useful enough for a 1-2 people...1 90% of the time. And drives like a quiet, smooth Zeta dream.

Today there was more. I said something about Camaro, in some form, which elicited the following:

-"I saw a silver one today...it looked SO sharp. Silver on a Camaro is just really sharp."

-...the best..."I'd get license plates that say "Eat This""...and she made a vroom noise, motioning as if holding a steering wheel & shifter, and laughing.

She wants to drive one and I offered my G8 GT up for the first time "it's based off the same thing, so very similar in ways" but warned her she might be scared of her car after driving something with, uh, power. Lest I forget "I've driven powerful cars before...you know..."

The Malibu won't be going anywhere, anytime soon, but the way she talked about it, I just continue to be shocked every time I hear it...and PROUD. I keep thinking her next something would be something like an Equinox, the next Malibu, or something of the sort...but if she can keep this in her head for a couple more years, heh :camarosmile:

My mother still talks about the GM cars her dad owned (57 Olds ragtop, 59 Buick Hardtop, Couple of buick 225 Ragtops).

My younger teenaged daughter loves Corvettes.

Older teenaged daughter wants a Colorado or a Canyon.

NICE to see GM appealing to the fair sex...esp. when they live in my household and are of car buying/driving age.

Chris

There is nothing not to be loved about this car when it comes to looks, presence and aura department. CC - push your mom to get one.

Not just yes but hell yes.

I get so frustrated when people complain about this car. It isn't perfect...but it is amazing.

Chris

She's ALWAYS first taken by the looks, and then if and when I can ever get her to drive anything, she either really likes it or gives it a big X after. This is also a person who loves to drive and loves getting a new car, but would actually rather not have to shop or even test drive...really.

The '08 Malibu is still her "child" so to speak, and though at almost 2 years and now 21k miles it could use a detailing--I'm just not around enough or too busy to help much--and she talks about how nice it is and how she "has no problems" whenever possible. But there's also for a long time been a lot of "why did you make me get the 4-cyl?" Or she sees a new Chevy commercial talking about fuel mileage and remarks that hers "never gets 30 anytime"...oh well.

Time for some fun, ey? Like I said, there's a reason why I've never let her drive my G8, well, several.

Now that she's firmly planted the seed herself...clock ticking? I was amazed when my father, also for the first time with such a "I want one" has never said a word. By the end of the Motorweek episode yesterday he told me "I'd get the stick..."...straight face... :huh:

This car does things to people...if I could work out bringing her one to test drive, she'd either hate it or tell me to go trade her Malibu in, right away. I think visibility out or just practicality would be too much for her DD...maybe. Somehow, perhaps, I see maybe 2012. Avalanche (the truck she cried over, trading in...) was 2.5 years, the Suburban 3.5 years, the Malibu is now at 1.5. Or not.

Edited by caddycruiser

A Cyber Gray 2LT RS is now the background image on her phone (okay, I sent it to her today)...need I say more :AH-HA_wink:

I really need to find her one to test drive somewhere, to get rid of the idea or make it stick. I still can't fathom this being a DD for her, but you never know.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting closer...sorta...

I've been hearing nothing but "I want one...I want to drive one...ooh, I just saw one..." still to this day. The local dealer has had (2) LT models listed as incoming for a little while now and I finally got in touch with our favorite sales lady to see, and then went down for a visit today. Black/gray 1LT with auto and a white/orange leather 2LT with RS package and auto should be in very, very soon and neither are spoken for. Of course, neither is an ideal combo for momma zuma and she's only touched one at this point, but we'll see.

Funny, our sales lady/friend was "huh?" when I brought up her interest in a Camaro and the first things she said focused on is she sure, it's not really, well, easy for a daily "I have trouble getting in or out or seeing...you know..." and then immediately said what about something like the Lacrosse, Equinox, etc. There's a lot of things that would work and be a nice step from the Malibu but she still wants a Camaro, so I'm just waiting for a call now that one is in, not sold, and can be driven...the white/orange one comes first.

Another classic. Texts from my mother while I was there?

1) "I want to drive the Camaro I don't care about the Lacrosse!"

2) "I have a need for speed! Haha!"

3) "They don't look any lower than my Malibu. I looked at a customer of mines last night."

The need for speed one was great...about that time I was chatting with sales about how a new '10 Malibu could be possible because of the current 0% for 60 months just put on them, but in maybe an LTZ that she's always wanted and...then she said..."and, for speed, an LTZ with the V6 could work..."

Around the world we go in GM vehicles, where we stop, nobody knows :AH-HA_wink: I've finally offered to let her drive my G8 too...

Edited by caddycruiser

Great story, its funny my Mom's first car was a brand new Metallic Orange 1968 Camaro....hmm I wonder if I start showing her the new one if I can get her out of her minivan finally :scratchchin:

Keep us posted this is a fun story.

Now you have me wondering how this will turn out.

Given that I just spent a couple of hours claying, polishing, and waxing her prized Malibu as a favor today...no telling, whatsoever.

She's still absolutely gangbusters about "JUST driving one" and when it comes to new car time, I can usually read it well, but it's odd this go round. Doesn't seem like she really wants something new, but then proceeds to ask me..."just out of curiosity, what price range are these in...cloth or leather...what colors...what options..." That means I can do a lot to push one way or the other, a big way being getting her the/some cars to drive and bringing them right to her.

In every way except practicality, I think she'd love a V6 Camaro and get better mileage than the Malibu at times, doing so. Otherwise, something like a new Equinox or Terrain, just knowing her, would be ideal for everything but the "want" factor. Unrealistic or realistic, just don't know.

P.S., Did I forget to mention, again, I promised to take her out for a race in the G8? I thought she forgot yesterday and then today was accosted. "You said I could drive your car, what happened?!" Mama wants to race, that damn need for speed, and is intrigued to find out what I mean by "it chirps into 2nd and 3rd...". I can't wait to take a picture or video of this... :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by caddycruiser

I've had inklings, or a fear, that this story was going to end quietly in a...nah, wasn't serious...kind of way.

Not so. Hah. In the least. The white & orange Camaro 2LT arrived at the dealer last week, I got the call for mom to come see it on Saturday but I was in Jersey with Roger and other errands, and she was in a bad mood. Move to today. I tried to call our salesperson today but she was busy and then midway through the afternoon got a text from my mother saying "I need a pick me up...wanna go for a spin?" I knew what that meant. Called, said we'd be there at 5 and was told great, but another guy is also coming at 5 to see the same car.

Image00005.jpg

Pulled up, mom was already there strolling the lot and I saw the white Camaro roll past me and up to her as I parked. Never went in, just walked around the car, waited for the dealer tag to get hung on and, right away, even being white and with orange stripes and an orange interior (would otherwise be 3 strikes, for her), "why do you do this...I already want it...", as if it were my fault. This, while also seeing & knowing the other guy who came to drive/buy it from Maryland was sitting there staring but she was first. I expected complaints of it not being comfortable, of "I can't see", of "these seats hurt my back". Nada. Nothing. It was sitting there idling already and from the time she closed the door, "I love it. I want it. I'm going to buy it. How much is it again?" Hah. Put it in gear and just moving off the brake..."whoa! oops..." she's been driving a sloshy 2.4L/4-spd for too long and it showed. Smiles followed. Pulled onto the highway, loved it more, especially when she heard it rev and just move. Drove for about 3 miles in a loop on the highway and she was all but sold, wanting this exact car as is. "What about trips...can I fit in the back?" She tried the back seat, made it work, and still said great. Loved that our sales lady had a jacket on with "Camaro by Chevrolet" on the back, thanks to her boyfriend with a '67.

Got back, the other guy & his salesperson...awkward...they had the next desk over. Funnier because the sales AND finance managers were there to help but really, more so, watch 2 buyers duke it out over a car. "We never see this...hah!" No words exchanged, lots of evil looks, me just laughing at it all, and staff working feverishly to figure out numbers, trade price a Malibu and the like. I knew it was doable but not overly realistic without having, uh, looked at numbers much before, and she was just going on the "show me what ya got" way of things. Yeah, but she didn't like what they were showing. Selling the Camaro's at MSRP but for her & credit union worthy, did credit union supplier pricing, the $500 return rebate and then the Malibu, all factored with "approximate" and high % rates. I knew where it was going, but she didn't want to give up or admit defeat. Kept him-hawing, hmm, hmm, "what about...", and in the end the Malibu was lowballed excessively and not how they'd normally do things, some of the numbers in a rush started getting funny, and it just would have been more than she'd pay, even loving it. All just way too rushed, the pressure of someone else I think with cash there to buy regardless, and that's how it goes.

I thought that might be the tragic end, but on the way home I got a text saying "I need to figure out what options to get to lower the price, or something" and knew what that meant! She'd actually take the white/orange car as is, again much to my dismay, and if it were still available, I'd try and find a way because it is hot. But, still, if given the chance, at least she's now driven one, there are colors and such she'd like even more, and a little more time to $$ figure is never a bad thing.

I was around for dinner later and it entailed Chevrolet.com and "what's a hockey stripe? No, I want the ones on top..." Never in my life would I expect the day I'd be helping my mother not only shop for a Camaro but WHAT COLOR OF STRIPES SHE WANTS on one, but today just swung that way. Hah. Now, as to keeping the momentum up and the car reality, colors & options...hmm...oh jeez, the last distraction I need right now! But at least a fun one... :camarosmile:

Edited by caddycruiser

Awesome, just awesome!

Yeah, but now...can it really work...she seems to want to pay to play, but just not as much as in this case.

The only picture I got during the drive, she was moving too quick otherwise:

Image00008.jpg

There's still quite a bit of "huh?" when it comes to how much she'd be spending to do so, but I can honestly say it's the first time I've ever seen her discount features (flipped down a visor and "Why doesn't it have lights? Oh well."), just because of the car. Come to think of it, even I wasn't that comfortable, more taken by the experience and interested to feel how much firmer/tighter my G8 GT with GXP suspension bits felt after. The Camaro rode better but just not as tied down or smooth taking some moves, yet still very Zeta.

I'm still coming to grips with the fact she, a person who just had her spine fused in April and couldn't work for 2-3 months after, now wants to drive a Camaro everyday and said the backseat even was "just fine". Oh boy.

I wanted to see what she built online and at last check it was a silver metallic 2LT with the black stripes, polished wheels, and a black or black & titanium interior...I wish she'd spike up the color a bit, to more like the white/orange one, but who knows how this will go. Gotta pay to play, so we'll see. I brought up again the idea of a G8--"same guts, little better handling, huge interior & trunk and 0%"--and we both brought up new V6 Malibu's, etc. but "no, have one now, it's fine as is...". She just wants POWER and an unmistakable look. Add in the 29mpg highway factor and it's cake.

This sounds like my mom and her Cube/Soul affair (sigh, if only my mom was a Camaro hound like cc's). It was so intense for about a month, then it died down, and now it is a dry husk. She also made it sound as though I was leading her, but I was just supplying information to respond to her questions. When it came down to a test drive... she put ME in the driver's seat in both boxcars.

I'd love to see caddycruiser's mother get herself a Camaro. Judicious handling of the options list can yield an awesome, yet relatively affordable example.

OCN...yes. Simply put, yes. The only difference, sorta, being she absolutely wanted to and wants to drive and given the expression, I was waiting for a more "spirited" romp onto the highway. Hey, I think we've talked about things like this before :AH-HA:

This is what happens when someone must have a certain something but also must have, uh, options all over it. We'll see. More so, I started to have panes of how the heck...road trips...3 dogs...western PA...are you serious? Then again, I said the same thing with Suburban->Malibu and now look where it's at.

In Downingtown?

Oxford...not too far, though.

Edited by caddycruiser

Even I like watching this...ups, downs, stops, go's, and then more. Perfect distraction for my life lately (well, and Roger's Fleetwood as of late, too).

Not a good day today, starting with a return request "I need new wipers for my Malibu, can you get them?" which I had gotten on the weekend too, but brushed off this time. Ahem, someone is trying to distract themselves. This is exactly what happened with the Enclave saga 2 years ago, too, until someone kept seeing them on the road, another customer bought one, yada, and the "did you find me one?" emails continued. Cars are something my mother and I share, whether it be the 2 or 3 year plan, and it's fun. In the midst of sleeping last night, I played with the GM sites, located some light option silver and gray 2LT RS (and 1 or 2 non RS, cheaper 2LT's) and submitted quote requests--my favorite way to shop--on different cars in PA, MD, and DE. Got some good emails back today. The Malibu $$ remains the issue, but when is that not, with a trade. I'm trying...we'll see.

So, it continues. On hiatus today, but who knows. I had to stop in at the dealer today--okay, didn't have to, but that's another story--to order tires for the G8...cough...and saw the white/orange tasty sitting off to the side, which usually means the process has started on papers.

Funniest point of today's episode: a local Honda dealer commercial came on, talking about "they've always been fuel efficient" and mommy dearest talked back, going "f@#k off. Ride a F'ing bike. That's fuel efficient too..." I knew exactly what that was in relation to, and part of it is a 2.4L nearby :rolleyes:

Edited by caddycruiser

My mom likes to use the @ and the # between the f and the k, too, brother.

Fo sho. I learned from the best in that regard.

Though, as heard yesterday, I've never said "wheel & deal..." ever. She did, 3x. For a Camaro. Seriously. Oy.

And all as for WHY...a late night text...

"I've wanted one since I was a teenager...now or sometime eventually, I can finally get one."

Ah, so that's it :AH-HA: All after also saying my brother had told her the other local dealer had some in stock, but "V8's...let's drive one of those!" I had to break the news that they were sticks, but again, she could drive the ole G8, eventually...maybe...

• 2 weeks later...

Now back from western PA and our annual Thanksgiving day trip, an update.

1) Still no Camaro. Daily talk of it and now she's to the point of talking about "when" she's going to buy one to my father, my grandparents, etc.

2) She's driven my G8. Shame only around town and I wouldn't let her move the seat properly (well...), but she seemed to like it. Didn't say a word. Only "I want a car with power... :cry: ..."

3) I started jabbing with the idea of "my G8 is a 4 door version and with a lot more room not only than a Camaro but your Malibu..." She likes it, but it's no Camaro. It'd be a fun 4-door she'd drive while still going "Oooh, look, a Camaro!"

4) Now in addition to talking about buying a Camaro, I get daily complaint reports about how low on power/efficiency the Malibu is.

a) Mom: "I want a car with power...I want a car with power...I want a car with power...I want a Camaro..."

b) Dad: "This thing is awful, it won't kickdown, it's revving its life out to just cruise, and the mileage is horrible. 22mpg barely?!? You never should have bought a 4-cyl in a car like this."

c) Me: "Well, you have to be used to it...the 6-spd cars are much better...I had a V6 one...this was one of the first ones built, 4-spd and all...it's not bad...it's a great car, slow, but great..."

Today everyone got back to DE and while washing the PA filth off the Malibu, mother dearest again commented "I want my Camaro" like she was washing a temporary rental car. Then told me "he called it a piece of $h! on the highway today...", and "I'll just keep driving it as is" like it was a chore. Never thought I'd hear that about such a nice car, even low on power. I think the Malibu needs a cookie and a belly rub :lovey:

Oh boy. Mixed Malibu feelings. I'm still impressed by the look and feel of the car both in touchy-feely and on the road after 2 hard years and 24k miles, and in a lot of ways over my G8, but at the same time that Camaro bug has bit and the poison keeps dripping in.

The other thing...room/practicality. The Malibu as is is a nice combo for her DD uses, a little tight on trips but not terrible, and dandy if out with friends, etc. Really what fits the "uses" is something like an Equinox size, price, and otherwise, but she won't consider anything beyond a Camaro for the obvious reasons. A G8 is still a wildcard, but either would be a whole new world of car for her and that's why she wants it. As much as I want this to happen, honestly it has me a bit nervous...

Happy Late Thanksgiving...duh duh duh... :booyah:

To brighten this story up a little more, the intermission, an Imperial Blue 1LT Camaro I snapped at dealer today with my brother, nearing home.

Image00001.jpg

Sounds like it is just a matter of time to me...

You know what else is, like before? The 1968 Dodge Coronet "prized possession/heap" sitting behind her parking spot at the house, that's my father's latest acquisition. The last time an old bomb project appeared, a certain someone made a base minivan turn into a loaded Chrysler 300M in a matter of weeks and therein went that story.

But sheesh, now getting daily complaints in regards to "I want power!" or "this thing sucks"? Never expected that. Makes me think, back at the time, had I instead insisted on a 2LT V6 Malibu as I had for a few months...hmm.

And it continues. My latest "idea" is a push that the Malibu value is only going to drop further with another calendar year change, so get a roll on it already. Oh, the world of wanting and buying new cars...

I saw a Camaro exactly like that at a dealership on Rt 15 on my way back from my brother's cabin yesterday... I believe there were at least two other Camaros in line with it, but that color combo stuck in my mind's eye.

Quick update, again.

All seemed quiet today until I was told "take a day off next week, I want to go Camaro shopping ASAP". Okay then. Got it. Already have a route planned, of sorts. One in DE, then into PA (as of now, Oxford, Warminster, and wherever else) to see how things go. Talked to the dealer in Oxford tonight finally on the phone after several emails and liked the trade # he "seemed to remember" but we'll see on that. So far, better #'s on everything via email than an in person local deal.

Duh duh duh. G8 gets a Corsa on Friday, and I'll be up in PA. Camaro shopping Monday or Tuesday with the dog slow Malibu (hah!), puttering up once again? We'll see.

She's in the mode of "as long as..." when it comes to options, depending on me. I brought up a Cyber Gray/Black 2LT RS I've been emailing about and that was good until "what about stripes? Does it have stripes? I want stripes." Mentioned another Silver/Black/Black stripes one and that got a smile "Yes!" "Big wheels?" I could probably bring up yellow and get a look...and she did like the white/orange one...but gray or silver again it seems. And dark interior only, the all too light Titanium Malibu interior is nice but it's hard to keep it that way.

Edited by caddycruiser

I'm surprised to see you don't have a preferred Chevy dealer in NJ!!

Glad to see she's not letting practicality rule her purchasing decision. I hope it all works out and she gets what she wants. I miss new car shopping... :lol:

I know! I still keep thinking...say you want a G8...say you want a G8...I have the BEST people/dealer/etc. ever that could have you the right one in a snap and with 0%...and still even without a nasty front plate bracket rivet job :AH-HA:

Unfortunately, I don't have a preferred Jersey Chevy dealer yet and the one recommended by my Pontiac guy up there is actually in northern Delaware. Still, extended the search for in stock cars, and at least 2 possibilities are in Jersey. Well, were, until I contacted one dealer and got a "our sale price on this unit is...$3k over sticker" (Pellegrino). Yeah, no. The other is just sticker and seems okay enough (Elkins).

Heading north 3+ hours again tomorrow--my G8 is racking the miles up big time--for my exhaust install and hope to stop by at least one of the dealers on the way. Gotta love a PA Chevy dealer that has at least 10 Camaro's in stock at any given time...so much different than most of Delaware's "we had...one..." Then next week the official shopping trip.

Edited by caddycruiser

Came out from the Columbus Blue Jackets hocky game (Toronto spanked us 6-3) and in consolation for watching the Blue Jackets bomb, a beautiful SS Camaro in black was parked next to us in the parking garage.

Thought of you, Derek, and your mother and your quest for a Camaro. I need to show that car to my wife...hmmm...

Chris

Does your Jersey dealer still have G8s available? I'm starting to see that inventory dwindle out around where I live. What's your dealers name?

Nope, none, they sold their last (2) fully optioned V6 models in the past month or so. It's Pointe in Penns Grove. That said, just as the local DE GM dealer did for someone recently, it's still possible to swap in a G8, no sweat. I was going to suggest a silver GT...package wise it would work for her, but then again it would be another sedan, it would be a big V8 when she really only wants to step up to a powerful V6, it has some odd switchgear & lacks interior details she's become used to in the Malibu, etc. Hits on some, doesn't hit on others, where the Camaro does more so.

I'd still like to know her real reaction to the G8, having only been in it twice and driven once for 2 miles to town and back, but that's it. It's the Camaro "Camaro" that does it, which I 110% get, but you know...

After getting my Corsa installed today, heehee :booyah:

Trying to decide if I'm going to take her north for shopping Monday or Tuesday. Hmm. Got a call today--someone must not have been busy--telling me she had been on NADA, KBB, and such through their bank system looking up the value of her Malibu. At least she seems realistic about that now, and that the # the local dealer gave her wasn't good at all. Hmm.

The more I think about this the more I want the even cooler mom with a new striped Camaro...but at the same time...yikes...Avalanche->Suburban->Malibu->Camaro...the days of even a more than 2 person trip to the store, church, etc. is a different proposition. As are roadtrips. But who cares about that, really :AH-HA:

Edited by caddycruiser

This is too funny. I hope your mom gets her Camaro make sure its an RS though!

Honestly, I've thought about that a few times...RS. It's a given, if you've ever seen the full gamut of Camaros, but still worth considering either way.

Mainly because a standard 2LT as she wants has really nice looking 19" 5-spokes and all season Pirelli's vs. the 20" summer Pirelli's on RS wheels. For me, not a concern. For her, I have to think about a lot of scenarios because this is SUCH a huge change in type of car for her...and things like "what do you mean? Huh?" when I tried to describe once that my G8 had "summer tires". Her only concern, as of yesterday was "I want the BIG wheels." And then I got a call "why doesn't this one have a spoiler?" when she was looking at a non-RS LT on Chevy.com build site.

At least we're down to Silver with black stripes or Cyber Gray with silver stripes...maybe white...but, as of yesterday, "I just don't want a cheap plain white car...eh" after liking the white & orange one so much she drove. It's hard to please, because I have to really dig as to what she wants, she'll do the "I don't care" then 6 months later it will be "why did you tell me to get THIS one?" :confused0071:

Tomorrow or Tuesday is shopping day...still not sure...I was more concerned today with taking my Corsa'd G8 out for a short grocery store spin & doing work for work, heh :AH-HA:

So it sounds like it will be an RS because she wants the big wheels and spoiler. In my view if you get a V6 Camaro and you get a 1LT or 2LT your out of you mind not to get he HID's, 20's, cool badging and spoiler! The only way I would get a non-RS is a stripper with the cool 18inch black wheels. (Would she consider a 1LS, or wouldn't she go for the vintage inspired rally style wheels?) As for the SS, the RS package isn't such a big deal. A 1LT Camaro RS with connectivity package is a nice mid-level car sports coupe for about 26K or 27K. Can she drive stick, if she can a manual trans would take 1K off and she could get the extra goodies.

Edited by gm4life

All true. The requirements are basically it has to be a V6/auto (okay, really, she'd do a SS too...but, uh, yeah...), has to have full leather (NO cloth, period, end of story), and from there since her Suburban & Malibu, she has pretty much assumed if it's a GM and cost more than $20k "naturally" it should have steering wheel audio controls, remote start, dimming mirrors, auto lights, etc. So, basically, 2LT only. If the leather wasn't an issue, a 1LT with the C&C package could work, but in the end loading up one of those isn't that far off a 2LT with just the RS or otherwise.

Colors, well, Silver Ice, Cyber Gray, or, maybe, if worse comes to worse (and really, with as much $$ as she's looking to spend and "keep it longer than any other car so far", settling isn't a good proposition), Summit White, and it has to have the Black interior--I've also been mandated NO more light colored interiors, after her current Titanium Malibu. Like the light, it looks great, good for dust, etc. but with the dogs, etc. as much as it doesn't show dust, it shows everything else.

Found some Silver ones, a few actually, there was a Cyber Gray one I was dealing on but it was sold I think, another Cyber Gray one that has a sunroof instead of RS (she could go either way on sunroof, but told me no for price & otherwise), and of course several white ones, yellow ones, etc. I started to wonder if I could get her interested in a yellow Transformer edition, but heh :rolleyes:

With all of this deliberation, she should just order one.

You know, it would be her Camaro especially built for her by Chevrolet. :smilewide:

She knows what she wants in basics, and like with the Malibu (which she actually DID order, only to have her current one come available via dealer trade 2 days later), if there's one that meets her specs give or take 1 thing and sitting on a lot ready to go, that's what she'd rather do. Why wait when you don't have to, even if it is a little more effort to search, it's much quicker.

Looks right and has all the right buttons, she's gold. Otherwise, she can't tell you which options are which, etc. In this case, it'd help if she could really see & touch more than just the 1 per month locally, and compare a couple back to back, I can lead the way based on what she says.

Oh, I remember the day she ordered a Malibu...I got a call saying she did, then went to the dealer later to check on what she said yes too, thankfully not submitted. She gave the sales lady basics "the silver 2lt, uh, 4-cyl, the light interior, and a sunroof is what she told me" and said order it, no numbers, no nothing. I re-did the order, then it didn't matter anyway in the end. Just has to look right with the right gadgets for the right number & she's good.

As long as I don't suggest a 4-cyl, ever, ever again :AH-HA: Jeez, I swear...and now today she doesn't like the "dull, crappy" wheels on her 2LT Malibu, the ones I and many think are the best wheel design they offered. Of course, hah.

But, as always...we'll see...

Edited by caddycruiser

She knows what she wants in basics, and like with the Malibu (which she actually DID order, only to have her current one come available via dealer trade 2 days later), if there's one that meets her specs give or take 1 thing and sitting on a lot ready to go, that's what she'd rather do. Why wait when you don't have to, even if it is a little more effort to search, it's much quicker.

True.

So, why not go ahead and order a Camaro ... and then keep seeing if any become available that meets most (if not all) of her criteria?

Either way ... sure has been interesting to watch this unfold. Looking forward to the "Camaro ordered" or "Camaro purchased" report ;).

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...radio show, Dec 09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Maybe I'll drive so far they'll all lose track" ... Dolly Parton ... 'Hard Candy Christmas'

Sitting at the dealer in Oxford, PA right now...she just bought one!

Silver Ice & Black 2LT, RS package, Polished wheels...literally just rolled off the truck this morning;-)

1260223681.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

Nice pick! It looks like a Chrysler Dealership though LOL!

One building is Chevy-Buick, the other is Chrysler stuff. There's a mixture of Camaro's & Challenger's...she wouldn't even go within 10ft a Challenger;-)

Edited by caddycruiser

How Ironic is it that after all of us red blooded males lusted after this thing for years...your mother is the first one to put one in the C and G fleet?

Congrats...awesome car!

Chris

How Ironic is it that after all of us red blooded males lusted after this thing for years...your mother is the first one to put one in the C and G fleet?

Congrats...awesome car!

Chris

Hah!

Sitting waiting for the car, she just made me & the sales guy cringe..."Now you have the hottest mom in town, hah!"