Sometimes...you just have to be proud;-)

looking at the pic again...that car is just beautiful!

Tell her congrats...give her a big kiss and tell her it's from me!

Chris

Will do! We're in the car on the way home now & she's just having a blast, but still babying it. This worked out so oddly well...what a story, even just today!

We were at a red light & a little boy in a car beside us started pointing & waving. "Who is he waving at?" "Uh...you...and the car...hah." We both smiled & waved then.

Even better...she's on vacation all week. Play time...I should be getting many texts & calls..."what does..."

OMG Jeff D'Ambrosio, I've been there many times, they seem to order cool stuff, like the Chevy/Buick/GMC/Pontiac dealer in Elkton, MD.

What a beautiful car. Best of luck to her, and keep us posted!

I didn't know he had a Chevy store.

Ever meet the guy?

He's sort of the definition of short and round. :lol:

OMG Jeff D'Ambrosio, I've been there many times, they seem to order cool stuff, like the Chevy/Buick/GMC/Pontiac dealer in Elkton, MD.

What a beautiful car. Best of luck to her, and keep us posted!

Yes! I think I now found another big time favorite dealer--they're great and the deal was even better. Pull into a lot with snow covered cars and for a pretty small place, a bigger selection of Camaro's and a few Challenger's than any place else I've been. It just click-click-click worked & with a car so new, off the truck this morning, it was LIKE ordering but with 0 wait;-)

Plus, anyone who starts up a detailed G8 conversation with me and knows a lot about them...priceless 8)

Edited by caddycruiser

Home, finally. Only complaints were the windows weren't perfectly cleaned (seriously, mom...the guys had to PDI it after they'd usually be gone, I would have been happy taking it home still plastic wrapped) and that she doesn't know how to use much yet, or what the buttons do. That and the beep-beep-beep rear sonar singing to her challenged backing skills was annoying, heh.

Otherwise, I like it. I like my G8 more to ride/drive I think, but the look and even the interior of this thing is killer. It's a little hobbly bobbly with 20" wheels & summer tires--gotta check the pressures--and no more Malibu silence, but a fun, fun piece. She loves it. Personal coupe. And like I said, the passenger's seat not being as adjustable as the driver's makes it not a throne, so more reason to finally never let my father drive unless absolutely necessary. The clock ticks until he can find the first thing to moan & groan about, or break.

Gotta get her a mini spare/jack as would be an option and at least now with this car, she's made Christmas shopping SO easy for me--accessories, fun :5thgen:

Edited by caddycruiser

No burnout pics? Come on, man!

Heh, I kept telling her to punch it fully for break in but I think the most she did was a 1/4-1/2 on the highway. "I'm not even on it and wow, it moves!"

Give her time. As if the car wasn't different enough, this was the first time she ever said yes to an extended GMPP warranty plan...longer term than others thus far, just as she's said I guess :AH-HA:

Dad doesn't seem thrilled, though. But he hasn't looked at it either. I hope it's uncomfortable for him so he doesn't even have to start making complaints up and thrashing it down bad roads, she can just drive more.

24 hours in and doing good, it seems. Off for the week, she drove it to work to put on a show "it gets so much attention even just rolling down the road" and then got home to at least figure out changing over her Onstar & XM. Only got, well, a few texts throughout the day as she did it all :AH-HA:

This was from early morning today:

Image00010.jpg

She's smitten. Still can't use a thing or figure out what does what, but I'll have to do a training seminar by this weekend. Funny, the sales guy popped the hood to show her the engine while still "looking" and she just went :huh: ...okay. Gidgets & gadgets. At 23 months, she had just barely crossed figuring out all the Malibu stuff...month 20 was the first time an Aux. cable & iPod were used. Really, hah. On the drive home I was trying to describe that she now has a full on USB iPod interface, but baby steps, baby steps.

My father finally drove it around tonight too, even though I told her not to let him because he'd moan & groan, which he did. Mainly "god, it's like it has rock hard tires or something...what size are they?" and I just had to brush over yeah, 20" summer only Pirelli's...it's like that. Kinda rides like a hobbly cart, or at least did last night to me, I thought tire pressure but they're actually a little low. Seems more to be sub 45-degree cold+gooey summer tread means a little hard & wobbly, same issue I had with my G8 until yesterday with the new all season treads. Oh well. No complaints from her yet.

It's all certainly made Christmas shopping easier, at some point, for all the stuff she wants or I think she needs. A mini spare tire is #1 on the list...again, let that slide until after she signed. "Whatever, okay, let's go!"

So...I love it as a piece of art and that DI 3.6L...but my G8 is like a burly growling luxury sedan version and I'm just more used to it. I'd go with either, but a G8 first just for the drive & package, and a Camaro for a fun coupe to also get some looks in.

Edited by caddycruiser

Sounds like maybe your dad needs to STFU, no offense please.

I let my wife drive what she wants...and I don't complain about it. Unless I'm posting on C and G!

Chris

Sounds like maybe your dad needs to STFU, no offense please.

I let my wife drive what she wants...and I don't complain about it. Unless I'm posting on C and G!

Chris

He always does this. No offense to anyone here, but he has 3 old clunkers "because you need more than 1..." and dare you say a thing about them, including the one missing chunks of floor, but your latest & greatest new car is fair game. It's his way of being jealous & liking it, but never wanting to admit as such. Spends more on his trip than either of us do on a new car & payments, in all honesty. Fun, fun.

I saw that later tonight when I was around & outside "so what size engine is it? What's an RS?" Yep. Just gotta keep him from breaking a flipkey or pounding it down a cratered road, and it's a start :AH-HA:

Edited by caddycruiser

That's one fine-looking rear wheel driveway!

Good thing the Flinstone mobile '68 Dodge Coronet is all sealed up in the canopy behind...

Funny, back to everything RWD now, except for the Subaru. Hmm.

An insane one. Called the insurance days ago to check on the difference from Malibu to Camaro--this is AIG, the parent's insurance company. As from mom, "they had no info whatsoever regarding a 2010 Camaro and the lady even asked twice "what is it again?" and said she'd have to make a car up based on general specs.

At the dealer last night, between the salesman & her on the phone again, it was at least 25 minutes of "that vin doesn't exist...checking it again...nope" and then 3x trying to describe what a 2010 Camaro was, AGAIN, so they could make something up. Insanity. They've been making these since spring and still...wow...AIG...

I got the "Mazda doesn't make a Miata" from my insurance, even through they've been making them for 20 years....

That after the car was already insured by them...

Chris

I got the "Mazda doesn't make a Miata" from my insurance, even through they've been making them for 20 years....

That after the car was already insured by them...

Chris

She called again today & got it all sorted out again. According to today's rep, the last one had her having traded a new Camaro for another new Camaro, had the wrong "make it up" data entered, etc. Wow. Scary, AIG, just scary. At least today's rep seemed to understand & just said "sometimes the newest of vins don't work immediately". Okay...

Otherwise, in today's update, she was out cruising again & decided to meet my father at his work for lunch. "All the guys were falling all over it and asking questions. He seemed jealous and dropped the "I have a '68 Coronet..." line." Hah. I asked if he dropped the "our/my new Camaro" line, but nada. We're hard on him, but he makes it so.

It rained last night & she got it sloppy today, so--proud again--at least she came home & washed it. Good ma, good :AH-HA:

Glad she finally got one. Now make sure you get some more photos of it during the day! Also if she ever wants something different, make sure to notify us on C&G she is selling it, because I think alot of us are in love. (And it is not even a V8, I know I am.) Also what features does it have or options?

Edited by gm4life

Glad she finally got one. Now make sure you get some more photos of it during the day! Also if she ever wants something different, make sure to notify us on C&G she is selling it, because I think alot of us are in love. (And it is not even a V8, I know I am.) Also what features does it have or options?

For sure. Like I said, this was the first time EVER she said yes to the extended GMPP warranty...so...yeah...I see this going well for a while. I just got a chance to peek around it again and the back seat is certainly, uh, no cross your legs lounge anymore. Floor mats from the Malibu had to fold in half...more reason just to be HER car, and I'm all for it :AH-HA:

Specs:

-'10 Camaro 2LT (standard heated leather, Boston Acoustics stereo, full gauge pack on the center console, Bluetooth, dimming & heated mirrors, etc.)

-Silver Ice Metallic, Jet Black Leather Interior

-6 Speed Automatic Trans w/ Remote Start

-RS Package (20"x8" Front and 20"x9" Rear Flangeless Aluminum Wheels, Body-Color Roof Ditch Molding, HID Headlamps with Halo Ring, Rear Spoiler, RS Unique Tail Lamps (darker))

-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

-Sticker=$30,830

Fresh build from late November, like I said, literally just rolled off the truck with plastic & all Monday morning. LT V6 cars with the RS package are now under extreme restriction, largely because GM would like to get some non-RS's out there and use more of the RS parts for all the SS's people are clamoring for, so even better it is that--and the dealer had a few all the same! It was meant to be. I got worried when we pulled in because I didn't see a silver one, then "did you see it...uh, over there...". While the sales guy was busy, we walked over and she said it had to be hers just from rounding the corner and seeing the silver+black+polished 20" wheels. "Perfect, I hope he makes me a deal, because I must have it." Then waiting inside he asked if she wanted to drive and she said no...she'd driven another one... :facepalm: ...until I took charge and said yes. Every car is different and the best way to really sell yourself is drive the ONE...good move, because that truly sealed it for her.

She said something again about stripes yesterday, I think because she's still interested in them, but I'm kind of glad it's "clean" without. Classy and high end, at the same time. I like it. We'll see after there are more...well...everywhere. So far kind of cool, of what there are, silver isn't overly common vs. the typical yellows and blacks, and I saw her on the highway the other day when I was at work and admired. Also glad it has the polished wheels...she never liked, for some reason, the 2LT wheels on her Malibu and was only concerned they not be dull or dark again, and these do the part nicely.

Better pictures with an actual camera (I only see it in the dark during the week), it's going to need pre-winter detailed, etc. Christmas shopping was made easy, I got her Weathertech Floorliners, a proper license plate ring with a non cheesy Chevy emblem & Camaro, and then a GM accessories trunk mat and cargo net. Next, still need to find a spare tire & jack kit, since that's the one semi important option the car doesn't have.

Another blurry one from early morning:

48780213.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1260584098&Signature=YBTsn%2BEAhbajmXYaF3Fu2T5%2BHT8%3D

Edited by caddycruiser

For sure. Like I said, this was the first time EVER she said yes to the extended GMPP warranty...so...yeah...I see this going well for a while. I just got a chance to peek around it again and the back seat is certainly, uh, no cross your legs lounge anymore. Floor mats from the Malibu had to fold in half...more reason just to be HER car, and I'm all for it :AH-HA:

Specs:

-'10 Camaro 2LT (standard heated leather, Boston Acoustics stereo, full gauge pack on the center console, Bluetooth, dimming & heated mirrors, etc.)

-Silver Ice Metallic, Jet Black Leather Interior

-6 Speed Automatic Trans w/ Remote Start

-RS Package (20"x8" Front and 20"x9" Rear Flangeless Aluminum Wheels, Body-Color Roof Ditch Molding, HID Headlamps with Halo Ring, Rear Spoiler, RS Unique Tail Lamps (darker))

-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

-Sticker=$30,830

Fresh build from late November, like I said, literally just rolled off the truck with plastic & all Monday morning. LT V6 cars with the RS package are now under extreme restriction, largely because GM would like to get some non-RS's out there and use more of the RS parts for all the SS's people are clamoring for, so even better it is that--and the dealer had a few all the same! It was meant to be. I got worried when we pulled in because I didn't see a silver one, then "did you see it...uh, over there...". While the sales guy was busy, we walked over and she said it had to be hers just from rounding the corner and seeing the silver+black+polished 20" wheels. "Perfect, I hope he makes me a deal, because I must have it." Then waiting inside he asked if she wanted to drive and she said no...she'd driven another one... :facepalm: ...until I took charge and said yes. Every car is different and the best way to really sell yourself is drive the ONE...good move, because that truly sealed it for her.

She said something again about stripes yesterday, I think because she's still interested in them, but I'm kind of glad it's "clean" without. Classy and high end, at the same time. I like it. We'll see after there are more...well...everywhere. So far kind of cool, of what there are, silver isn't overly common vs. the typical yellows and blacks, and I saw her on the highway the other day when I was at work and admired. Also glad it has the polished wheels...she never liked, for some reason, the 2LT wheels on her Malibu and was only concerned they not be dull or dark again, and these do the part nicely.

Better pictures with an actual camera (I only see it in the dark during the week), it's going to need pre-winter detailed, etc. Christmas shopping was made easy, I got her Weathertech Floorliners, a proper license plate ring with a non cheesy Chevy emblem & Camaro, and then a GM accessories trunk mat and cargo net. Next, still need to find a spare tire & jack kit, since that's the one semi important option the car doesn't have.

Another blurry one from early morning:

48780213.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1260584098&Signature=YBTsn%2BEAhbajmXYaF3Fu2T5%2BHT8%3D

Well good I hope she enjoys it, and keeps it for a while! It is a great looking car no doubt! V6 RS and SS models are getting really hard to order according to my dealer as well he has a RJT 2LT RS coming in and basic 1LT on the way also. (Great problem to have though!) I can't wait to see the photos also could you post a video of the exhaust I am curious to see how they sound with "just" a six. Thanks for keeping everyone updated.

Also love the fact it has no sunroof, that is the way I would spec a V6 'Maro except with the tradtional six speed manual! The sunroof certainly kills headroom on these babies.

Edited by gm4life

Also love the fact it has no sunroof, that is the way I would spec a V6 'Maro except with the tradtional six speed manual! The sunroof certainly kills headroom on these babies.

Yeah, and I thought she'd want one after it was a must have in the Malibu, but nope. One to save $$ and also just for the "eh" factor, that she never used it enough and the wind noise open always is more distracting. All dark inside, but cool. And the light piping along the door panels and in different spots keeps it very visually intriguing even at night.

I'm now so used to the hearty gurgling burble out my Corsa'd G8 GT 6.0L tips, the sound of the Camaro is cool. Very OHC V6, with an extra little something due to the DI, and a nice shriek under harder power. Loved listening to it on the way home, and it certainly seems to scoot. As more and more reviews say, small block V8 insanity aside, the V6 Camaro still continues as "the" package from a power, weight, handling, and general feel, that make it quite the package.

Interesting note from the discussion on corvette mills...those who want an OHC performance mill from GM can go buy a new Camaro...hmmm....or a V6 G8...or if the Impala SS RWD Holden car gets sold here....hmmm...both pushrods and OHC.

XLR-V and smk still won't be happy. Amazing that they will miss out on not one but two awesome cars because of their anti GM bias.

Oh well...I'm sure the general will find lots of happy, happy buyers for its cars.

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

66stang...that is interesting. They shall find lots and lots of buyers for these. On another note, I was just thinking again, even though the '11 Mustang now, in such a "really?!" ploy will have exactly 1 more HP and mpg in V6 form, will it still even matter? Admittedly, the Mustang refinement and interior are a higher rung up, or just typical new Ford, but in cars like this SO much is based on the look and that is the biggest issue. It looks like a mildly refreshed '09 and no one cares, it seems. Even with more power, they'll get more buyers...but from everything I've continued to read and hear from actual buyers, there's more to it than that. Heck, even my father--the iffy one in all of this--commented a few weeks back that "it just can't compare, at all" focusing I think on design alone between the Mustang and Camaro after the news mentioned the monthly sales again.

It's interesting. I gotta say, I love the sound and feel of the DI 3.6L/6-spd auto in this car and others. I got a preview in my Malibu, shuddering FWD transmission aside and it's horrible shifting program that drove me nuts--like my G8, the stock trans off the line is a beauty in this car--and with the DI, it has an extra little hum or shriek and just MOVES. I think in time it will also prove to be more efficient, heavier, RWD, or otherwise, than the 4-cyl Malibu because a) almost twice the power, b) excellent 6-spd, and c) DI. The Malibu, and I never believed this until I drove it on the highway for the first time--really--on Monday, could never cruise getting 30mpg or better. It would max around 28 and the revs would remain so high with the 4-spd, there was just no way for it not to. It moved decently, I actually thought, but for a 4-cyl mid-size sedan it struggled to get highway mileage even my '09 3.6/6-spd car would, without trying, on the highway. I finally believe my father about it after I saw it for my own eyes. Thankfully, the now "favorite" 2.4L/6-spd cars that should have been out from day one are doing considerably better. Otherwise, that car was terrific, and still impressed with the silence, solidity (not a single peep, creak, etc. from anything after 22k not always easy miles), and a great interior.

Edited by caddycruiser

Yeah, and I thought she'd want one after it was a must have in the Malibu, but nope. One to save $$ and also just for the "eh" factor, that she never used it enough and the wind noise open always is more distracting. All dark inside, but cool. And the light piping along the door panels and in different spots keeps it very visually intriguing even at night.

I'm now so used to the hearty gurgling burble out my Corsa'd G8 GT 6.0L tips, the sound of the Camaro is cool. Very OHC V6, with an extra little something due to the DI, and a nice shriek under harder power. Loved listening to it on the way home, and it certainly seems to scoot. As more and more reviews say, small block V8 insanity aside, the V6 Camaro still continues as "the" package from a power, weight, handling, and general feel, that make it quite the package.

Good to know! Now how about those photographs? I can't wait to drool over this sweetie.

Good to know! Now how about those photographs? I can't wait to drool over this sweetie.

Finally got a chance today. No sun, just overcast cold skies, but kept snapping until the batteries died. In the process someone saw me & happily asked "Your grandfather wants a picture of it too...can you send him one?"

Sure. Gotta load them and upload soon. My photo skills are crud, but Canon helped enough. I'll probably put them in the Member's Rides section and get a link here.

Here you go, pictures and a link to many more from today. Enjoy :booyah:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/index.php/topic/49330-hot-mom-rollinin-her-new-camaro%3B/

I think females are as moved by car design as men are in some ways. they just want good design to be moved by...

My mother is a car fan, my daughters like cars...but they want cars with style.

Mom still remembers my gradfathers 57 Olds ragtop fondly.

Chris

I think females are as moved by car design as men are in some ways. they just want good design to be moved by...

My mother is a car fan, my daughters like cars...but they want cars with style.

Mom still remembers my gradfathers 57 Olds ragtop fondly.

Chris

Absolutely. It's like guys. Some care, some don't, but gender aside there are things everyone likes. She loves cool cars and/or the latest & greatest, but at the same time is extremely picky as well. Colors, models, won't even say the name of some manufacturer's (Chrysler...), etc., she knows what she likes and doesn't. I waffle a bit more, but end up with things like my G8 and am happy in the end. Dad goes 110% looks first, then mechanicals.

This Camaro driver is still a fan of things like the Kia Soul, for instance, just because. She likes it. "It's cool. I'd take one." Not knowing anything else really about it. So again, I guess looks work there too.

It was the trifecta of power, looks, and from the manufacturer she loves, all rolled into one in the latest & hottest package. Click, click, click. Who cares if it's a trapeze act to get in or out of the back seat, if you dare? Not the intent.

It's funny about the back seat room, because I take my kids with me when I look at cars.

"Gee Dad...plenty of room in the back of this Camaro/Challenger/MINI Cooper S/"or whatever cool car we're looking at.

But a Grand Caravan...not enough room in this dad...we need to go back and look at the Camaro and the MINI Cooper S again...and could we see the GTI and the Cobalt SS again???

Chris

It's funny about the back seat room, because I take my kids with me when I look at cars.

"Gee Dad...plenty of room in the back of this Camaro/Challenger/MINI Cooper S/"or whatever cool car we're looking at.

But a Grand Caravan...not enough room in this dad...we need to go back and look at the Camaro and the MINI Cooper S again...and could we see the GTI and the Cobalt SS again???

Chris

Sounds like my mother actually. I was worried when she first drove one she'd look inside and go "ohhh...too bad..." but she hopped in the back, I kept sliding the front seat up a bit with me in it and got "See, it's fine. Okay." Power of I want it vs. reality, perhaps.

I actually wanted her to see a Challenger just in case the room became an issue, but yeah, never would have happened. Even my father now. No discussion of back seat or who can go where when they're around. G8 doesn't get loaned out, there's a Subaru wagon for practical purposes.

Now I just have to work on them as far as maintenance and proper treatment. Change the oil early the first time, stop the excess idling, don't have the wipers on full blast for 15 minutes when there's a single drop of water, WATCH the roads with 20" wheels, etc. She'll mandate some, but he'll have his own rules. #1 being let's sit in the car idling for 20+ minutes before you go somewhere, waiting, "so it warms up" then drive like a banshee and complain a week later "the fuel mileage sucks!". Okay. Already had the summer tires chat. "When it gets cold, they get really stiff and traction can get iffy, especially when there's moisture. Be careful, just drive with a little extra attention to this." Deer in headlights. :confused0071:

Working on it. I even got a "so it's Australian, or a Holden underneath?" today, again. Sorta, yes. We'll get there. At least they like it.

Edited by caddycruiser