Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: REPORT: Chevrolet to take larger role at GM, account for 70% of total volume

4 posts in this topic

Filed under: Chevrolet, GM

chevy_share_up.jpg

Forget about more cowbell, for GM it's all about more Chevy -- at least, that's the situation for Chevrolet's new VP Brent Dewar. So far this year the Bowtie has posted more than 60% of GM's North American volume, but Dewar wants that to get to 70%. "As Pontiac goes away, Saturn goes away," Dewar said, "Chevrolet has to step up. The 70 percent target is the right kind of number we need to work on."

The real perspective on that challenge is in the numbers: GM's market share was 22.4 percent a year ago and is now 19.7 percent. However, while GM is out to increase overall market share it has half as many brands as it did last year: Pontiac and Saturn are dead, Saab and Hummer have found other homes.

For Dewar, the general (if slight) upward trend in sales, as well as the coming Cruze and the Volt, will help Chevy achieve that number. But beyond that we have no idea what he plans to use to breach the 70 percent figure, and we find it interesting that Chevy is trying to make up for more even with Cadillac's and Buick's imminent models. Nor is it clear how GM will maintain its overall numbers globally without Opel, but we look forward to finding out.

[source: Automotive News - Sub. Req.]

REPORT: Chevrolet to take larger role at GM, account for 70% of total volume originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=asPRO50tKmo:6Z2PCplceQY:wF9xT autoblog?i=asPRO50tKmo:6Z2PCplceQY:V_sGL
asPRO50tKmo

View the full article

Forget about more cowbell

Damn, more cowbell is just what New GM needs :P

I'd say they're taking a realistic approach to this. Wonder if it won't squeeze Buick out of the market, though...

Damn, more cowbell is just what New GM needs :P

I'd say they're taking a realistic approach to this. Wonder if it won't squeeze Buick out of the market, though...

WWBD? (What would Buickman do)?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room