Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Saab pondering Detroit suburb for new U.S. headquarters?

5 posts in this topic

Filed under: Saab

saab_corp_hq.jpg

Having concluded the relationship with its former sugar daddy, GM, Saab is scouting locations for its new corporate headquarters to make a fresh start. According to one report, that location could be Royal Oak, Michigan, about fifteen miles from Detroit.

Saab apparently has $2.2 million to invest in a new HQ over the next five years, where it plans to house "mostly sales and marketing functions." The building in question is 13,000 square feet and boasts the few amenities necessary to Saab's situation: offices for 50 people and a large garage.

A Saab spokeswoman said Royal Oak is "trendy" and fits "our customer demographics." Finalizing the deal looks to rest on Royal Oak providing tax abatement, which hasn't been decided yet. Even if the city does give Saab some help moving in, the longer-term story is Saab's possible return to New England: the company began in Connecticut when it first came to U.S. shores. And with other upmarket European brands having decided that the Midwest simply didn't cut it, it wouldn't be a surprise.

[source: Saab History]

Saab pondering Detroit suburb for new U.S. headquarters? originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=7E_233L52-I:ryzWhuABZLE:wF9xT autoblog?i=7E_233L52-I:ryzWhuABZLE:V_sGL
7E_233L52-I

View the full article

Not that where SAAB's US headquarters is located matters that much, but... what about eventually settling down in New England?

close enough to GM, since a lot of the current models tech is and will still be shared.

saab, you know, if you really wanted i would have let you have my basement in exchange for a new 95 for me and a combi for the misses to drive.

$2.2 million over the next five years doesn't seem like a lot do invest in a new headquarters. But I guess 50 people and a garage seems kinda small to me to run an international auto company. I guess I also don't really have any idea what it would take anyway.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0