Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Subaru releases more pics of Hybrid Tourer Concept

4 posts in this topic

Filed under: Concept Cars, Hybrid, Wagon, Tokyo Motor Show, Crossover, Subaru

a001_opt.jpg
Subaru Hybrid Tourer Concept - click above for high-res image gallery

Subaru has just released a bunch of new images of its Hybrid Tourer concept that is slated to debut next week at the Tokyo Motor Show. The gullwing wagon/hatch/thingy is Subaru's first major cut at a hybrid and the first from anyone using a boxer four-cylinder engine. A pair of electric motors provide regenerative braking, pure electric drive and blended electric boost, with a lithium ion battery pack as the energy storage medium.

Subaru has been working with their partners at Toyota to produce this new hybrid architecture, and it will likely appear in production vehicles in the next few years. Besides the hybrid system, the concept also includes a new direct injected version of its 2.0-liter turbo boxer engine that will also probably appear in production vehicles before long.

[source: Subaru]

Subaru releases more pics of Hybrid Tourer Concept originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=YHgpXMrNCVA:XwCPHNqa_BQ:wF9xT autoblog?i=YHgpXMrNCVA:XwCPHNqa_BQ:V_sGL
YHgpXMrNCVA

View the full article

From the neck down, this thing just falls apart into a big bowl of flab. Good looking face, ugly body loaded with cellulite.

It's not ugly enough to be a Subaru. I like the grille, though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0