Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Ford Fiesta U.S.-spec gets caught in Mexican factory

15 posts in this topic

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Spy Photos, Budget, Plants/Manufacturing, Hatchback, Ford

fiesta_mex_us.jpg
Ford Fiesta's being built in Mexico -- Click above for high-res image gallery

What is reported to be the coming U.S.-spec Ford Fiesta has been photographed during assembly in Mexico, and the minor changes we can glean so far center around the grille. Compared to its European counterpart, the American version gets a much chunkier front end which has pushed the leading edge of the hood back. The Ford emblem is now completely surrounded by the front clip.

Below that, the central opening is larger, ringed with chrome, and the bisecting bar on the Euro version has been moved up and fitted with a U.S. license plate holder. Outside, the single fog light has been reworked into a giant, glass covered alien eye. Make no mistake - it's still hot, and we still can't wait to see it when it's unveiled at the LA Auto Show next month.

[source: Autoblog Spanish (translated)]

Ford Fiesta U.S.-spec gets caught in Mexican factory originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=B0RKGHZnh7o:JzG6b5FwD-U:wF9xT autoblog?i=B0RKGHZnh7o:JzG6b5FwD-U:V_sGL
B0RKGHZnh7o

View the full article

Over at the other site someone had a picc of a red Fiesta sedan with this front-end, and while chunkier-looking it looks like it's good looking. Good job Ford!

Over at the other site someone had a picc of a red Fiesta sedan with this front-end, and while chunkier-looking it looks like it's good looking. Good job Ford!

Link?

From what I can tell from this photo, I dare say we get the better design for once.

Yeah. Was that the original sedan concept?

Yep, it was. I'd say if you imagine that grille in the spy pics on the lower portion of that fascia, you'd have the finished car.

Whoa, that red sedan (photoshopped?) is very nice. 3-door, please. And it has leapfrogged past its Mazda2 brother in the looks department, especially now that the 2 has that horrible black grin.

Christ. the Camaro made it to market in less time.

Wasn't the Camaro like 5 years...shown at NAIAS in '04 and in dealers in '09 ? :) Or was that NAIAS '06? Seems like it's been a while...

Whoa, that red sedan (photoshopped?) is very nice.

That's the Ford Verve concept from the NY Auto Show (I think?) from a year or two back.

Yep, it was. I'd say if you imagine that grille in the spy pics on the lower portion of that fascia, you'd have the finished car.

I'd even imagine some chrome on the upper and lower grilles, just like the concept.

I'd even imagine some chrome on the upper and lower grilles, just like the concept.

Yeah, probably on the higher trim levels. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a sporty trim level w/ body color or black grilles.

Yeah, probably on the higher trim levels. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a sporty trim level w/ body color or black grilles.

Black chrome would be :drool:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0