Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1990 Chevrolet Caprice and new Caprice PPV Promotional Video

12 posts in this topic

I thought you all may enjoy this since you all are craving Caprice now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8eKsCHX3pw...feature=related

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJVfUJ7yYwI...feature=related

The new Chevrolet Caprice Police PPV:

and

enjoy!

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

That 1990 Caprice sales video made me laugh quite a bit. I love how pretentious he gets at 3:11 and 5:35-6:45.

Thanks for sharing!

I like most of it, except for the pointy way the rear window meets the beltline at the C-pillar. For some reason, my attention kind of gets stuck there (in a bad way). The overall proportions are sensible, the front grille is simple and attractive, and the rear light panel is...well...we never got to see it.

Also, isn't this too 'effin small to be a police car? If it's a stablemate to the G8, the G8 still looks way better...

Edit:

(re 1990) wow...it's really sad to see that "loose cushion" seating is no longer with us. Also, that dashboard with square instrument pods with rounded edges is kind of cool. I never paid attention to this car because I couldn't stand that "didn't know what the hell it is" landau-type roof.

Edited by trinacriabob

I like my 1985. Mine has the silver dash instead of the woodgrain and mine isnt as fancy. This was a cool video to see. I am glad my seatbelts are still the normal kind.

Yeah, my grandfather's '89 Brougham LS (triple maroon) had normal belts. He would not have liked those intrusive automatic things.

Those intrusive automatic belts were never allowed by Transport Canada for sale in Canada... No car was ever sold with them here.

Interesting to see.

So the Canadian cars dont have those belts attached to the doors like the US ones do? I havent seen a person use those belts the way the government intended. Most people use them like normal belts.

So the Canadian cars don't have those belts attached to the doors like the US ones do? I haven't seen a person use those belts the way the government intended. Most people use them like normal belts.

No they have the belts like that, I'm talking about the automatic seatbelts in cars like the Mercury Villager/Nissan Quest.

I like most of it, except for the pointy way the rear window meets the beltline at the C-pillar. For some reason, my attention kind of gets stuck there (in a bad way). The overall proportions are sensible, the front grille is simple and attractive, and the rear light panel is...well...we never got to see it.

The 6 light greenhouse is kind of an unintentional homage to the last US Caprice. Look at the Holden or Chevy Middle East websites to see the rear, the rear taillight and deck treatment is similar to the US Impala.

Also, isn't this too 'effin small to be a police car? If it's a stablemate to the G8, the G8 still looks way better...

Hardly...it's on the LWB platform, it's probably about as big as the Charger..

Edit:

(re 1990) wow...it's really sad to see that "loose cushion" seating is no longer with us. Also, that dashboard with square instrument pods with rounded edges is kind of cool. I never paid attention to this car because I couldn't stand that "didn't know what the hell it is" landau-type roof.

Yeah, the '90 was the last update of the '80 version...I prefer the '86, before they went to the flush headlights.

No they have the belts like that, I'm talking about the automatic seatbelts in cars like the Mercury Villager/Nissan Quest.

I don't know which was worse, the automatic belts or the lame door mounted ones GM had. Thankfully, I never had a car with either.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0