Choppin Competition 2 - Chevy Nomad!

Welcome to Choppin' Competition 2!

Your task is to chop the photo provided below in any way you want. Change the wheels, background, etc.

Please resize your chop to 768 x 488 pixels.

All entries should be submitted by Saturday, September 3rd, as no entries will be excepted after 12:01 AM EST on Sunday, Septemeber 4th.

The picture to chop is below (click thumbnail for larger image):

Posted Image

For anyone who doesn't want the pic that big can use this pic that is about 1/3 the size (click thumbnail for larger image):

Posted Image

lmao nos, common man, wait did u look at the tutorial video and donor CF pic i showed you, cus that will inprove ur CF skills to almost realistc, really thats what i did. B4 that i used some retarded pattern which made my car look like sh*t, but jus look at the turotial, n if u find how to do it ur set. trust me http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif

The mirrors? ...I didn't even touch the mirrors. :P

[post="7664"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

yea i guess u didnt, i just compared the two and they look the same but the first time i looked that the pic of urs they looked super small for some reason

This car is simply so incredible that it is hard to improve on it. The grill and general look of it is based strongly on the original 50's concept. I'd like to see someone make a Pontiac 'Safari' out of it....you know, graft a Solstice front end on it, put on Solstice mirrors, the front side fender scallop....I tried and it, but I'm working with a touch pad...not refined enough...but the concept looks good...I'm not real good with chopping so hope someone else will do it. TOXIC, you are very good technically with chopping...hint..hint.

My first idea was either to throw on a Caddy front end or make it a truck. The El looks good.

Satty.. there's no hope, man.

[post="7771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I tried throwing on a Caddy front end, but discovered it doesn't work very well with the Nomad's curvy body lines.

satty man, i love the carbon fiber hood and the flowing fender lines.. my biggest complaint are those huge rims and untasteful seats in there... :lol: sorry lol thats awesome... ull get ur trophy whenever the camaro comes back.. (yes, dont remark - i know). ford rules... lol that is cool, nice brush effects. Mine looks similar (not in the effects dep.), im looking for parts but it is by no means an El C. Edited by fuel_sipping

I tried throwing on a Caddy front end, but discovered it doesn't work very well with the Nomad's curvy body lines.

[post="7927"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, me too. I thought it'd be okay with the harder corner on the Nomad, but it didn't. Even just the headlights didn't work. So I did something else... ;)

I like the paint scheme...I was also contemplating doing the grill exactly like that...decided aginst it though...Like BV said, its hard to improve upon perfection, so instead of trying to improve it, I am instead 'rodding it...

Well, this is what I came up with. It was hard to make it look like a Caddy with all the curves on the Nomad, but I think it turned out ok actually. I got rid of the curvy-ness of the roof and basically added the Caddy front and wheels.

Posted Image

This is just another reminder that the Choppin' Comp will be closed in 24 1/2 hours.