Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Cadillac quietly un-refreshes logo

19 posts in this topic

Cadillac quietly un-refreshes their logo

new_cad_logo.jpg

Cadillac updated their logo in 1999 to coincide with the new Art & Science look. One of the fatalities with that refresh were the ducks which had been part of the logo since at least 1902.

The new logo adds texture and depth, but sadly, the ducks are still missing. Even with the missing fowl, we like the new richer look. The previous Art & Science logo, while attractive, was starting to look a bit flat.

There hasn't been any official word from Cadillac about the new logo, it simply showed up on a GM website.
new_cad_logo2.jpg

Better!

kinda looks less cluttered without the ducks but it would be nicer to see them.

Nice...a good improvement, now has depth again. Needs the ducks, though. How about one that zigs? :)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Hmm... Very subtle. I thought they already had some amount of depth and reflectiveness.

I'll have to check my sister's car for reference.

I prefer the merlettes be there, but it's a non-point for me.

What I'd really like to see are the crown points again- still looks naked without them to me.

>>"the ducks which had been part of the logo since at least 1902"<<

Actually correct :gasp!: . Cadillac coat of arms was registered 08-07-1906, but the coat of arms was indeed used on the '02s. However, it's quite impossible for the emblem to have been used before '02, natch.

BTW: I think the minor restyle is an improvement on the classic original- including the original darker red. Nice.

Edited by balthazar

Thanks Balthazar. I actually re-wrote the entire article from scratch because I didn't like the one newsfeeder gave us. That fact you highlighted wasn't in the original article at all (in fact, there was nothing about the ducks).

Fixing something that isn't broken is something I hate. The original wreath and crest (with the ducks) was the way God intended it to be. The latest is better, but still isn't original, which = not as good as it could be.

Standard of the World, baby!!!

That fact you highlighted wasn't in the original article at all (in fact, there was nothing about the ducks).

That explains why it was right : someone (you) actually thought when writing it.

I thought it read more cognicent than the normal 'wire' pieces. Kudos.

I am sure someone has postd the history and the meaning behind the Cadiallac symbol before, but could someone send me a link or post a few comments. My friend in real life JamesBond told me the Ducks were only allowed to be put on your family crest if the POPE gave them to you for performing good deeds in the Crusades?

I am curious if it is modeled on someone's actual family crest? Wasn't there an explorer named Cadillac that the town was named for?

Agreed with others here, needs the crown to be complete, as well as the ducks.

We agree, Hell has just frozen over ...

We've agreed before, and yet you live. Perhaps it's not the End of Things.

I agree with everyone who misses the ducks and the crown points. At least the ducks. I loved those.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room