Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

If you could change something about GM's car's?

If you could change something about a GM car, which car's would you change and what would you change about them? I would change the Equinox's engine choices and the head lights,the headlights seem to big for the car, alltho its a good car just needs a little change Edited by BlkHhr104

Alright, here's what I can think of off the top of my head: Chevy: Aveo: new, more fuel efficient engine Cobalt: upgrade interior materials Malibu: upgrade interior materials Impala: upgrade interior materials TB: new interior Silverado: new interior Equinox: 3.9L standard Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanche: new interior Corvette: no change HHR: AWD option Uplander: Redesign Buick: Lacrosse: redesign using Velite cues Lucerne: 3.6L HF V6 standard Rendezvous: redesign like Centieme Rainier, Terraza: move to grave Cadillac: CTS, SRX: redesign interior STS, XLR: upgrade interior materails DTS: drop after 2010 MY Escalade, ESV, EXT: redesign interior Pontiac: Torrent, SV6: To the grave Solstice: no changes GTO: redesign Vibe: make 2.4L Ecotec standard on GT models Grand Prix: move to RWD G6: 3.6L HF V6 standard on GTP Hummer: H1: none H2: upgrade interior materials H3: I6/V8 option Saab: 9-5: redesign 9-3: AWD standard 9-2X, 9-7X: to the grave Saturn: ION: Redesign Aura: get rid of 3.5L V6 Relay: Redesign Sky: no changes

Nope, all a rumor, blackHHR Think about it. BOTH of those platforms have OBVIOUSLY seen work in the last few years. Why would they cut Zeta near the end of getting it neat and tidy just to finish the GMT-900s, which are more or less done? Edited by NOS2006

Zeta is dead, but they are working on a "Sigma Lite" program. Zeta was deemed to expensive for the cars they wanted to do off of it so they decided to start over. Now we'll be seeing the "Zeta cars" probably 2-3 later than originally expected if they are in fact made on Sigma Lite.

< after staring in amazement at the black Solstice in blackviper8891's signature > Pontiac'll be fine in a few years.

Northstar: Your ideas for Buick may easily become reality, if you give the Lucerne a year or two and LaCrosse 'til 2010. Edited by wildcat

OH !! I saw a Allure in the US today, my neighbors parents who moved to Canada drove down in there brand spanking new Allure, I figured it was a Lax but as i was staring at it, I mean after all its a GM i noticed the Canadian plates and being that i know wat the Lax looks like i didnt think to look at the name and as i looked up there it said it Allure

Heh.

Simple:

Bring back the Monte Carlo ... RWD, please.

Oh, yeah, it has to have the characteristic bodylines and, of course, the knight crest/shield emblem.

But, I know...way too much to ask.

Cort, "Mr Road Trip" / soon2be ex-"Mr MC", 31swm/pig valve/pacer
MCfamily.models.HO.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
IL & area MCs = http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/imcog/
MC's future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/
"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

Well, other than the diesel comment, I completely agree with Satty.

Since my previous post was vague... I'll go into just a bit of detail. :D

Pontiac:
-G6: Name changes to Grand Am. Trims change to SE, GT, GTP, GXP. Engine choices change to 3.6L V6 on GT/GTP, Turbo 2.8L I4 on SE/GT, and Turbo 3.6L V6 on GXP (all DOHC). Transmissions change to standard 6-speed manual and optional 6-speed auto on all engines (auto N/A on GXP). Suspenion changes to a more aggressive set-up. Brakes changes to larger cross-drilled discs on all 4 wheels. Interior changes: Higher quality materials, real brushed aluminum accents, new center stack that flows with the dash and into a new center console, new coporate radio/HVAC controls with optional NAV, and the color combos: black/black, black/gray, black/tan, black/gray/morroco (no specific names used). Exterior changes: new headlight elements with HID, specific front/rear fascias, spoilers, and ground effects for SE, GT/GTP, and GXP, body-colored mirrors, larger wheels; 17" for SE, 18" for GT/GTP, and 19" for GXP, removal of cladding, new rear for sedan includes sportier taillights and revised bumper with reverse lights, new rear for coupe/conv includes slightly revised taillights and revised bumper with reverse lights, and finally new exhaust tips; single for SE, dual for GT/GTP, and quad for GXP.

-Torrent: Trims change to SE, GT, GTP. Engine choices change to 2.8L V6 for SE/GT and 3.6L V6 for GT/GTP (both DOHC). Transmissions change to standard 6-speed manual and optional 6-speed auto on both engines. Suspension changes to a lower and much more aggressive set-up. Brakes change to larger cross-drilled discs on all four wheels. Interior changes: all new design seperate from Equinox with round HVAC vents, sportier center stack, new coporate radio with optional NAV, higher quality materials, real brushed aluminum accents, and the color combos: black/black, black/gray, black/tan (no specific names used). Exterior changes: all new body design seperate from Equinox with sportier greenhouse, lower profile look, more car-like front and rear designs, overall sportier look, specific front/rear fascias and ground effects for SE, GT/GTP, larger wheels; 17" for SE, 18" for GT, and 19" for GTP and finally new exhaust tips; single for SE and dual for GT/GTP.

-Solstice: New trims include: SE, GT, GXP. Engine choices change to 2.4L I4 for SE, Turbo 2.0L I4 for GT, and Turbo 2.4L I4 for GXP. Transmissions change to standard 5-speed manual and optional 5-speed auto for 2.4, standard 6-speed manual and optional 6-speed auto for T2.0, and 6-speed manual for T2.4. No suspension or brake changes expect the addition of a sportier set-up for GXP. Interior changes: higher quality materials, real brushed aluminum, and the color combos: black/black, black/tan, black/tan/morroco. Exterior changes: the addition of a coupe body-style, slighty revised headlights with sportier shape, HID elements, and integrated ambers, sportier front fascia with sharper twin-port grill and smaller fogs, ground effects for GXP, and finally new exhaust tips; single for SE and dual for GT and GXP.

Damn, that was alot of writing... and for only 3 vehicles! :D I'll finish the rest later...

Well you got a nice collection already, if those links are ur for ur cars, so why do u need a refaced, not worth ur money 06 Monte Carlo

*nods*

Thank you for the compliment on my "baby girls". The links are for all of my cars, well, at least, for now....

I don't need a '06 mc. Would just be nice to have a new Monte Carlo with RWD and V8 option, along with the bodyline characteristics and knight crest/shield emblem...that's all :).

Cort, "Mr Road Trip" / soon2be ex-"Mr MC", 31swm/pig valve/pacer
MCfamily.models.HO.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
IL & area MCs = http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/imcog/
MC's future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/
"Someday tomorrow will smile" ... Oak Ridge Boys ... 'Dream On'

I was about 18.6% serious about that diesel comment. Expanding diesel offerings would be nice, since they often do get better mileage, environment be damned. I would suggest adding diesel engines to Saturn, since they're basically becoming the American Opel, it wouldn't take much, plus it would put them right against VW, but the diesel image may not be what Saturn wants, so maybe a diesel Malibu could test the market.

I know. Just saying, be prepared for "The last time..." as in, "The last time General Motors introduced tailfins to cars, the Soviet Union detonated their first atomic bomb. If GM goes ahead with their plans, Edmunds.com expects another half-century long stalemate between the US and Russia. Buy a Prius."

... a CNG-powered Cobalt 2-door. I'd love single-occupant HOV access and the convenience of not paying parking meters, without the inconvenience of the Civic GX's "POOR" head protection and "MARGINAL" torso. And Priii are out, totally.