Balloon Boy

ShadowDog

Yup, my parents layover in Denver was extended an hour or so because of it.

Not only were these "parents" incredibly negligent if they left that young of a child unsupervised, but to compound it by having such a danger in their backyard NOT properly secured? The child could have died. And furthermore, they didn't LOOK for him for a while?

They need to be charged. Absolute wastes of space. Not only did they waste a lot of government resources, but they inconvenienced THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD and HALTED THE ECONOMY because they are too wrapped-up in their personal bull$h! to realize the responsibility they have to themselves, their children, and OTHER PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD.

Did anyone see that "rap" video they made of their kids? Those kids are growing up to be as obnoxious and entitled as their parents are. And WHY did my news station even have that video to show? Hmmm...shameless attention whores, much? If the Wife Swap appearances didn't already indicate that...

STUPID PIECES OF $h!!!

Two neighbors defended the family, so apparently they are liked by the community. Yes, they may be an "adventurous" bunch, but so far it seems like a mistake. Glad the munchkin is OK, but he caused quite a stink.

Yesterday, news outlets feverishly covered Balloon Boy, who apparently climbed aboard an experimental balloon which took flight. When it landed, he wasn't there, instead hiding in the garage attic. Yesterday on CNN, he said, "We did this for the show."

Kids say the darnedest things. It could be that young Falcon Henne was just confused about the question or felt pressure to say anything under the glare of the camera lights, but when asked live on CNN by his parents why he didn't come out when they called him, he responded with "You guys said... that... we did this for the show." Awkward.

Now, we're not saying the whole story was a big stunt designed to put media attention on a family which has been on the TV show Wife Swap... twice, but the whole thing has a certain stink about it. Why would the boy's brother have said he saw Falcon climb aboard before it took off if clearly that hadn't happened? Who unleashed the balloon if the boy was hiding in the attic? Considering the amount of emergency personnel assigned to chasing down the balloon and later hunting for the boy, the fact that air traffic around Denver International Airport had to be rerouted, and that we all had to listen to Wolf Blitzer wildly speculating for hours, if this turns out to be a self-promotional hoax, we'll be more than a little bit annoyed.

di
di

full?d=H0mrP-F8Qgo full?d=yIl2AUoC8zA full?i=_1qcgJ90du0:9CVys64ffMc:D7DqB2pKE full?i=_1qcgJ90du0:9CVys64ffMc:V_sGLiPBp
_1qcgJ90du0

View the full article

Yup, my parents layover in Denver was extended an hour or so because of it.

Not only were these "parents" incredibly negligent if they left that young of a child unsupervised, but to compound it by having such a danger in their backyard NOT properly secured? The child could have died. And furthermore, they didn't LOOK for him for a while?

They need to be charged. Absolute wastes of space. Not only did they waste a lot of government resources, but they inconvenienced THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD and HALTED THE ECONOMY because they are too wrapped-up in their personal bull$h! to realize the responsibility they have to themselves, their children, and OTHER PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD.

Did anyone see that "rap" video they made of their kids? Those kids are growing up to be as obnoxious and entitled as their parents are. And WHY did my news station even have that video to show? Hmmm...shameless attention whores, much? If the Wife Swap appearances didn't already indicate that...

STUPID PIECES OF $h!!!

+1

Holy Smokes, I'm in total agreement with Croc?!? ;-)

I read on another public feedback board how the helium balloon didn't even have a basket attached, and that the lower bulb portion of the balloon is actually a part of the central chamber and is not accessible as a place to crawl into. Knowing this, how did the parents figure their son was in it when you can't 'get' into anything without a basket?

While this is all just armchair observation, it's understandable that questions would be raised. For instance, another article by TMZ noted that the family had been pitching their own reality show to networks. What better way to ensure viewers would watch is if viewers knew just who the hell they were in the first place. All of this reeks of self-promotion. If it isn't, it's tough to come to that conclusion.

My last word is that I agree with all above in that these two certainly are $h!ty parents.

How nice that you know them so well that you would break a family apart based on what you've seen through the filter of the media.

It's called common sense:

Charges Expected in Colorado Balloon Case

Alderden said Friday that -- based on reports that the parents "took these children into potentially dangerous situations" with tornado chases, the experimental balloons and other activities -- it would be "appropriate to involve child protection [services] to at least see what the family situation is and whether the children are in a safe condition."

Absolute narcissists who use these kids as a vehicle for the media. Dragging them on a press junket even though Falcon is vomiting, AND CONTINUING THE INTERVIEWS AFTER HE HAS BECOME NAUSEATED!!

If this is how they parent when the cameras are on recording their every move, then what is it like behind closed doors?

Why isn't Nancy Grace all over this?

Edited by Croc

I don't know, maybe because she's too busy eating donuts with lard gravy? I cannot stand that woman.

Thanks for replying after the announcement from the sheriff's office. Yes, now that those videos have been blasted all over the country, the public will demand that the family situation be looked into. The sheriff sounds level-headed in his approach.

Edited by ocnblu

Colorado sheriff: Runaway balloon saga was hoax

FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- A Colorado sheriff says it was hoax when parents reported that their 6-year-old son was in a flying saucer-like helium balloon hurtling away from their home.

Sheriff Jim Alderden says Richard and Mayumi Heene "put on a very good show for us, and we bought it."

The sheriff says no charges have been filed yet, and the parents aren't under arrest. He says he expects to recommend charges of conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false report to authorities and attempting to influence a public servant.

Some of the most serious charges each carry a maximum sentence of six years in prison and a $500,000 fine.

He says all three children knew of the Thursday hoax, but likely won't face charges because of their ages. The oldest son is 10.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO127267/

I don't know, maybe because she's too busy eating donuts with lard gravy? I cannot stand that woman.

Am I the only one who thinks Fox News' line-up looks something like this:

retards.jpg

custom_1251428779292_phillip_garrido_4_-

z202626228.jpg

bella.jpg

In case you were wondering, in those pics you're going to see Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Greta Van Sustren, and Nancy Grace in that order.

Edited by whiteknight

If indeed it was a hoax, then the parents must be held accountable. Mobilizing resources form the police, fire departments and other public departments, entities that are there for people who really need them is disgusting behaviour.

Uhhhh...I can't stand Faux News as much as the next intellectually honest person, but Nancy Grace is on Headline News.

Nancy Grace has to have one of the most horrific voices on TV, not to mention caustic personalities. I can't believe someone is actually married to her.

If indeed it was a hoax, then the parents must be held accountable. Mobilizing resources form the police, fire departments and other public departments, entities that are there for people who really need them is disgusting behaviour.

Don't forget the FAA, Army, inconveniencing the world, etc.

Nancy Grace has to have one of the most horrific voices on TV, not to mention caustic personalities. I can't believe someone is actually married to her.

Agreed. She is WAY too judgmental, and she likes to harass and demonize whomever she's decided is guilty.

It's always this sweet, beautiful, innocent angel of a child, and a selfish, sociopathic, hedonistic, abusive, reckless witch of a parent.

That said, I'd love to see her lay into these two pieces of $h!.

What? Seriously? :scared:

She fits in with the Faux crowd so well I actually never really noticed.

Yup, Faux doesn't have the entire market cornered on unreasonable, microphone-cutting Southerners with bad tempers and heavy accents.

Edited by Croc

The sheriff believes it was a hoax, going to have to wait and see about charges being filed. My guess is the fine the parents for naming their kid Falcon.

Truth is as this story circulated people were expecting a brilliant rescue conducted with precision and genius or find a dead child killed in a hearbreaking tragedy.

We got neither. They got sincere emotion and prayer and a unified breath from helpless onlookers. And... it was just a joke. :butthead:

Apparently, Baloon Boy's Dad was working on a new reality show that would be about him as a mad scientist and his UFO 'studies' and his family, so this event was likely a publicity hoax for the new show.

What a bunch of nutters.

This sort of reminds me of the sign they post in ski areas:

* those that go out of designated ski areas are liable for the cost of the search and rescue *

But this is on a much grander scale, affecting traffic at D.I.A., a critical U.S. airport. The kid's dad is a real knuckle-head, that's for sure.

Here is what I'm thinking is going to be the end result:

6 years probation for both husband and wife.

100,000 restitution (likely to be paid by TV network and written off as advertising for "mad scientist")

Although i would much rather see a show called "Daddy's in jail"

This kid will forever be known as balloon boy too. Epic.

Here is what I'm thinking is going to be the end result:

6 years probation for both husband and wife.

100,000 restitution (likely to be paid by TV network and written off as advertising for "mad scientist")

Although i would much rather see a show called "Daddy's in jail"

This kid will forever be known as balloon boy too. Epic.

And the poor kid has a dumb name 'Falcon'...maybe he will fly away. Oddly, his brother isn't "Eagle' but 'Rylo' or 'Ryko' instead.