Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Kia Cadenza unveiled in Korea, ready to replace Amanti [w/VIDEO]

21 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Videos, Kia

cadenza-630.jpg
Kia Cadenza - click above to enlarge

Kia has dropped the first official photo of its new top of the line sedan, which has been officially dubbed the Cadenza outside of South Korea. The Cadenza is essentially identical to the KND-5 concept that debuted at the Seoul Motor Show earlier this year, and to our eye that's a good thing after viewing the rather ungainly Amanti for the last several years.

The Cadenza carries forward the design language that we've seen on recent Kia concept and production cars like the Forte and second generation Sorento. The nose gets a bit more sculpting than the compact sedan, and the overall effect is much more upscale than before. The biggest change from other recent Kias is the relocation of the "hockey-stick" contour line from the rocker panel area to just below the beltline. Look for the Cadenza to make it's global debut at motor shows in the Middle East in December.

Gallery: Kia Cadenza

161540_thumbnail.jpg

[source: Kia]

Continue reading Kia Cadenza unveiled in Korea, ready to replace Amanti [w/VIDEO]

Kia Cadenza unveiled in Korea, ready to replace Amanti [w/VIDEO] originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=8_7fA8C0Sco:HHzDl_irS70:wF9xT autoblog?i=8_7fA8C0Sco:HHzDl_irS70:V_sGL
8_7fA8C0Sco

View the full article

For comparison's sake:

KND-5/VG Concept

Kia%20KND-5%20Concept%20Car%205.jpg

vg_2.jpg

Kia%20KND-5%20Concept%20Car.jpg

vg_4.jpg

Cadenza

vg_side.jpg

vg_frontside-02.jpg

vg_front.jpg

Overall, a big improvement over the Amanti (what isn't?), but a real let down. The proportions went from RWD to FWD and while they're still good it just doesn't look as expensive as it did as the concept. The biggest issue is what they did with the front end. I really liked the front end of the car, and felt nothing should have been changed but the switch to production light internals. However they changed the shapes and made the headlights larger, and it looks cheaper now. Not bad, but not nearly as good as it was.

I think this actually looks very decent. Looks pretty similar to the Insignia.

Hmmm...'Cadenza'? Isn't that some sort of furniture?

Hmmm...'Cadenza'? Isn't that some sort of furniture?

:lol:

'Cadenza' is Italian for 'Cadence'.

Way to screw up the naming scheme there Hyundia. The Cadenza should be a Hyundai name to go with... oh.. yah know... Sonata!

Other than that... decend looking car for a G.A.S.

Hundreds of other cars with multi-spoke wheel designs called and want there wheels back from both cars. :P

:lol:

'Cadenza' is Italian for 'Cadence'.

At least it means something decent. I hate when foreigners miss the target with names...

nova (doesn't go)

stanza (room)

terraza (misspelled but in Italian, terrace)

Well they need Jason Alexander to do the ads from his living room. He's not doing anything.

"Hello, this is George Costanza, here on my credenza to talk to you about the new Cadenza. Do you wanna have sex RIGHT NOW?"

Anyway, while I prefer the concept, I think I might like it better when I see better photos of it. I don't know why first images of new cars always tend to look like crap.

Greenhouse sort of reminds me of the Suzuki Verona, a dismal, POS Daewoo-sourced sedan with a transverse-mounted inline six cylinder engine.

At least it means something decent. I hate when foreigners miss the target with names...

nova (doesn't go)

stanza (room)

terraza (misspelled but in Italian, terrace)

uhm.....

"This article is about stanza as a poetry term. For the electronic-book reading software, see Lexcycle Stanza. For the Scottish poetry festival, see Stanza Poetry Festival. In poetry, a stanza is a unit within a larger poem. In modern poetry, the term is often equivalent with strophe; in popular vocal music, a stanza is typically referred to as a "verse" (distinct from the refrain, or "chorus").

A stanza consists of a grouping of lines, set off by a space, that usually has a set pattern of meter and rhyme.

In traditional English-language poems, stanzas can be identified and grouped together because they share a rhyme scheme or a fixed number of lines (as in distich/couplet, tercet, quatrain, cinquain/quintain, sestet). In much modern poetry, stanzas may be arbitrarily presented on the printed page because of publishing conventions that employ such features as white space or punctuation.""

uhm.....

"This article is about stanza as a poetry term. For the electronic-book reading software, see Lexcycle Stanza. For the Scottish poetry festival, see Stanza Poetry Festival. In poetry, a stanza is a unit within a larger poem. In modern poetry, the term is often equivalent with strophe; in popular vocal music, a stanza is typically referred to as a "verse" (distinct from the refrain, or "chorus").

A stanza consists of a grouping of lines, set off by a space, that usually has a set pattern of meter and rhyme.

In traditional English-language poems, stanzas can be identified and grouped together because they share a rhyme scheme or a fixed number of lines (as in distich/couplet, tercet, quatrain, cinquain/quintain, sestet). In much modern poetry, stanzas may be arbitrarily presented on the printed page because of publishing conventions that employ such features as white space or punctuation.""

I know what stanzas are. I've spent years dissecting poetry written during the romanticism period. With that said, my point was it sounds ridiculous to people who speak other languages.

I'm surprised you didn't mention LaCrosse. :P

I think it looks good, but the Kia badge needs to be enlarged and moved to the center of the grille. Other than that, I think it looks promising.

First "Forte" and now "Cadenza"; is Kia going to give all their new cars Italian names. I guess "Rio" and "Optima" are the next 2 names to go when they get redesigned or replaced. I don't have a problem with it, but it is starting to look like a trend.

Edited by cire

I'm surprised you didn't mention LaCrosse. :P

:rotflmao:

I think it looks good, but the Kia badge needs to be enlarged and moved to the center of the grille.

That would be too predictable. Putting it on the hood is a nice alternate approach, they do that with the Soul.

uhm.....

Well that certainly describes the Datsun spot on, but the Nissan, I was expecting more. :P