Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Petty co-workers are usually...

Hey...there is this guy I work with that I HATE. He needs to retire. He spends waaaaaaaaayyyy too much time looking at what I do...and I don't mean work-wise.

I mentioned that I had to do something (personal) in a couple of weeks. He then says that he noticed it on my Outlook. I don't look at anybody's Outlook (especially into the future), unless I'm trying to get a few people into a meeting, or set aside a conference room. Why the hell is he looking at my Outlook in the future? I don't give a rat's ass what anybody around me does? Do some people not have a life? What is their problem?

Do you have petty/intrusive co-workers?

I do have some cool co-workers who aren't intrusive and aren't into being busybodies about work, when you take a vacation day, when you go to the doctor, when you wipe your @$$. Those are the only ones I generally talk to. Unbelievable.

Had an employee like that. She was 'self-empowered' and 'self-important'. Quick to criticize the company for a lack of something or other when it concerned her, but just as quick to voice her complaint about a co-worker with similar expectations that would put her into a position to work harder. Such as, more time off with pay and other union perks.

I ended up never sharing anything personal with her or people close to her because it would always come back to me in some negative way. She was a supreme pain in the ass.

Bob, are you sure you weren't looking in the mirror when you wrote this? Your hate list is too long, give us your like list, it's shorter! :smilewide:

I actually like most people at work. Most people at work like me, I think, based on the lunch and after-work invitations I get (as a ratio of work days).

Everybody finds this guy annoying...I'm just more passoniate about it. He had to go way out on my Outlook to find "potential jury duty week" which overlaps with work, so I put it on there - what a douche he is.

Who cares if he is looking at your outlook.

007, it's that he spends TOO much time dwelling on what I say and do...during meetings or group sessions, I catch him studying/glaring at me and others notice it, too, and pull me aside afterward to point this out.

But, back to the question, do you folks have people that are WAY too invested in what others are doing on a non-work level?

I never had problems like that, but I do know other co-workers did at the last place I worked. However, the ones with problems had MySpace and Facebook accounts, so the gossipers could always peek in on what they were doing.

Edited by FAPTurbo

I work in an office full of women who all drive Hondas and Toyotas. <_<

You'll get no sympathy from me!

I work in an office full of women who all drive Hondas and Toyotas. <_<

You'll get no sympathy from me!

Heh-heh..isn't every office (at least those in suburban office parks) like that these days? Every place I've worked in the past decade has been that way... Men and women. Toyotas above all else, followed by Hondas. Nissans. Lexuses. Acuras. Infinitis. BMWs. Audis. the occasional token American model, usually an SUV (higher percentage of those in CO, of course).

Heh-heh..isn't every office (at least those in suburban office parks) like that these days? Every place I've worked in the past decade has been that way...

Makes me all that more determined to drive an American car, which I like anyway.

And I thrive on being a nonconformist to begin with.

I was thinking about these characters at work, anyway...the common denominator is that they are male or female versions of Mrs. Kravitz on "Bewitched" (for those who remember either the original or the re-runs......."Abner, Abner...")

I never put anything personal on my corporate Outlook calendar. I keep my personal calendar in a Google Calendar.

Bingo.

C'mon Bob, sometimes I think you put yourself in situations so you have an excuse to rant. Stop "testing" people and start enjoying life.

Bingo.

C'mon Bob, sometimes I think you put yourself in situations so you have an excuse to rant. Stop "testing" people and start enjoying life.

Well, all Italians like a little bit of drama, but, what I find, as a common denominator, is that I have a big problem with people who make other people their "project." Those kinds of people, fortunately, are the minority.

Plus, the jerk is a UCLA grad...you think that could be part of the problem? :confused0071::lol:

Got to be careful with overdoing the metamucil, though. Overuse of that cost me $1140 earlier this month.

why get metamucil?

fiber one granola bars will do the trick nicely. 2 of them will have you with a rear end trail of steam for a good part of the day, inclusive of urgent trips to the throne. to go with it, you get tasty chocolate bars. MMMMMM

why get metamucil?

fiber one granola bars will do the trick nicely. 2 of them will have you with a rear end trail of steam for a good part of the day, inclusive of urgent trips to the throne. to go with it, you get tasty chocolate bars. MMMMMM

Wasn't my rear end.. my poor Bitey had been having trouble doing her business (straining to pass), the vet suggested Metamucil. I used too much and she blew out her arse (the embarassment of rectal prolapse). $1140 of surgery later, and she's fine..

3449032298_e15a9fca2e_m.jpg

3449032298_e15a9fca2e_m.jpg

Cute dog. How old (remembering I have to "multiply by 7").

Any time that someone jokes around about spiking someone's food, I think of the scene in "The Pope of Greenwich Village" where Mickey Rourke and/or Eric Roberts spike the a-hole cop's food with horse laxative. Though generally a dire movie, that scene was funny and "Summer Wind" is one of the (only) two Sinatra songs I like.

Cute dog. How old (remembering I have to "multiply by 7").

Any time that someone jokes around about spiking someone's food, I think of the scene in "The Pope of Greenwich Village" where Mickey Rourke and/or Eric Roberts spike the a-hole cop's food with horse laxative. Though generally a dire movie, that scene was funny and "Summer Wind" is one of the (only) two Sinatra songs I like.

Bitey (AKC name 'Nauti or Nice') is an 11yr old Australian Terrier...she's on a bland, soft diet these days.

p-vi.jpg

I love doggies as much as the next guy, but this thread certainly has taken a turn for the TMI.:o

Ok, so I'll be a curmudgeon, what kind of people personally annoy you (thread readers) in the workplace, or at your school? I've had more criticism that I've had answers, so please feel free to vent.

Edited by trinacriabob

Well, all Italians like a little bit of drama, but, what I find, as a common denominator, is that I have a big problem with people who make other people their "project." Those kinds of people, fortunately, are the minority.

Plus, the jerk is a UCLA grad...you think that could be part of the problem? :confused0071::lol:

Unclear. I have a few friends from UCLA...just not on face-off games. Plus, I'd prefer a Persian Bruin over an overprocessed, Orange County Trojan any day of the week.

Unclear. I have a few friends from UCLA...just not on face-off games. Plus, I'd prefer a Persian Bruin over an overprocessed, Orange County Trojan any day of the week.

Most of my friends were from my own college, followed by CSU folks (Northridge, Long Beach, Fullerton), UCLA (geographically closest to my childhood home) and some USC people.

The dude I launched the thread about is the same one I complain about...he is the same one that tries to find houses for you and tells you how to invest...his financial profile is too risky for my comfort zone, and he has incurred major losses in his life because of this. It's sort of the same thing with 1 or 2 people I've known in the past...they drink, you are more than happy to go to a happy hour with them ($1.99 food specials + a refillable Coke or Sprite, all for under $5) and then they have an "issue" that you are NOT drinking with them. So, I guess, they all want a co-addict on some level...

So, I guess, they all want a co-addict on some level...

Or they think you're wound too tightly, and want you to just let everything go for an evening and have some fun.

I proudly try to peer pressure all of my friends into drinking with me because frankly they need it. Can't be serious all the time.

Or they think you're wound too tightly, and want you to just let everything go for an evening and have some fun.

I proudly try to peer pressure all of my friends into drinking with me because frankly they need it. Can't be serious all the time.

How about constant peer pressure to buy a Toyota and to go out and run/exercise in 110 degree heat? I got an earful constantly from coworkers about company lunchtime exercise and 'fitting in' by driving a Toyota at a startup last year...

How about constant peer pressure to buy a Toyota

'fitting in' by driving a Toyota at a startup last year...

While not that intense, I have gotten a lot of crap for driving domestic cars from co-workers and friends

For the Regal: I love to throw it in people's faces that it has 262,000 miles

For the LaCrosse: well, there's no question that it's more attractive than, and just as reliable as, a Camry

And it usually starts out with "eeeewww, why do you drive that (or an American car) (or a Buick)?" Never fails.