Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Cadillac ZTS

36 posts in this topic

Well I finally felt motivated enough to have a crack at a Zeta based sedan. As I've said before, I don't feel that Holden's designs adapt well to A&S, and it would be better to start with something else and use a Statesman as a template for the proportions. So here we are:

CadillacZTS.jpg

nice!

the car strikes me as more of a midsize with those proportions though. a little more beef perhaps. a little less greenhouse and maybe more overhang front and rear, and some broader shoulders. i'd lose the flush door things too. does your hand want to grab a nice thick ornate handle, or does your hand want to wedge its way into a grimy dark slit?

The grille needs to be more bombastic as well. I'd consider less of a hatchback looking greenhouse. if you want that severe slope to go all the way back, i would consider the buttress look like on the last gen maxima. to make fins up there would be a neat cadillac look. not so much of a drop on the hood in front too would be about the other thing i might say.

this is all just nits. Quite a nice design as its own!

Edited by regfootball

Actually reg, if you overlay this image of the Statesman

Statesman.jpg

You'll see that the wheelbase and front overhangs are the same (and the front will not be any longer, I like my short front overhangs on my RWD cars :wink:). I used that image as a jig for building my car. Mine has shorter rear overhang because one as long as the Holden's though because it looked awkward. The roof is lower as well.

My hand doesn't have a mind of its own, but I wil tell you that since nearly every door handle design is the same now, a little change wouldn't hurt.

As for the roof, I'm tired of the stubby rooflines most modern sedans have and wanted to push the boundaries of the Cadillac sloping roof, like what they did with the CTS coupe.

And as for the doors. Form > Function for this design.

Good points though, thanks!

Well huh. I just looked back at my overlay. the wheelbase and front end line up with the Stateman's dimensions but the rear is short in both overall length and the greenhouse. Must have been too busy to try and get the aesthetics to work, because the back was a PITA to build. So I guess it is smaller. Oh well. :P

as much as i like the G8 etc, a LITTLE bit more front overhang might be nice on them. a little taller hood too.

don't get me wrong, your ZTS is pretty killer.

Love it... personally, for a big Caddy I'd like more Sixteen in the greenhouse..but this is sweet nonetheless!

The Sixteen did cross my mind, but it was too upright for what I was going for.

The Sixteen did cross my mind, but it was too upright for what I was going for.

Yeah, probably wouldn't flow w/ the rest of the design.

Besides the Sixteen, my favorite Cadillac sedan greenhouses of the last 30 years are probably are the '80-85 Seville and '92-97 Seville... for the '80, regardless of the bustleback, love the roofline...

I just had a thought: think of it as a four-door coupe. :wink::P

I just had a thought: think of it as a four-door coupe. :wink::P

That's exactly what it looks like, and I LOVE it!! :)

Great job!

It could come in 4/5 passenger combinations.

Very cutting edge. Sharp!:)

Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to see something like that in production ASAP!

Me-likey! :thumbsup:

Although I prefer the more traditional lines for a flagship Cadillac, Jaguar has taken the ball and ran with it for the XJ so why not?

Cool. It would make a great XJ competitor. And 7-series, S-class, etc.

Flat freaking awesome, DF!

Well worth the wait!

Nicely done.

Definitely grows on me...something like this could do for Cadillac what the CLS does for Merc...less formal, more dramatic shape.

Yeah it started out as a traditional sedan but ended like a 4-door coupe, mostly because I stopped checking the Holden jig at that point and was more focused on making the lines all work together and look real.

I'd buy it. I love this thing so much I made it wallpaper sized, and I've never done that to a chop before. :P

Good things come to those who wait. :wink:

There's always hope, I guess. :lol:

Cubitar: Agreed, I'd take this over CTS any day of the week.

Good things come to those who wait. :wink:

Speaking of which, I still am. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0