The great tire debate... UPDATE 2 w/Photos and Mini Review!

Was this the color and style Bonneville you saw?

060129BonnyGXPP1040052crop.jpg

A co-worker of mine bought a new '05 Bonneville GXP as a retirement gift for himself, though he hasn't retired yet! It's in that gray above, and IMHO, that's the best looking color for the GXPs. I get to see it everyday.

Love that car and that color. I still liked the pearl white and my cranberry more tho. :AH-HA_wink:

Didn't get a good look at the roof...but that car in that color was just AMAZING.

Don't usually even like "family" type cars but that one dropped my jaw. I'll have to do some internet research to see other cars in that color.

Chris

I understand with just a quick glance, (it can be hard) just wondering if it was an SE, SLE or GXP really.

Edited by gm4life

Not a problem. :cheers:

If you have more questions, feel to to ask....

I think you'll like the Avengers.....

I asked the repair facility owner (e-mailed, actually) why he was still listed on Cooper's site as an authorized retailer for Cooper Tires if he can't them anymore. His response was basically that the Cooper rep told him that the east coast warehouse was closed and it's impossible for the east coast Cooper dealers to get tires now. Does this sound kosher to you?

I have yet to move on the Mastercraft, not that I don't want them, but holding off due to the wife's request :rollseyes:

Was this the color and style Bonneville you saw?

060129BonnyGXPP1040052crop.jpg

A co-worker of mine bought a new '05 Bonneville GXP as a retirement gift for himself, though he hasn't retired yet! It's in that gray above, and IMHO, that's the best looking color for the GXPs. I get to see it everyday.

Yes, but it had aftermarket wheels and was lowered a bit. Looked just sooooo gooood.

That car just wears that color like the models on the Pirelli calender wear their swimsuits....

WOW...what a good looking car! Looks good in maroon also. When I bought my Miata there was one in maroon (same style/year as the one above) freshly waxed and detailed. That looked great also.

Chris

You will get them... I hope (photos that is), she is currently in need of wax and a good cleaning as she is somewhat dirty. So if that happens and tires get put on and shined, I will certainly have photos. You will have my review either way. And maybe I should test the ZR speed rating, shame GM governed the car at 110ish. :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by gm4life

Okay now for those photographs... Just a few...

DSC09119.jpg

DSC09121.jpg

DSC09127.jpg

DSC09126.jpg

DSC09124.jpg

DSC09125.jpg

DSC09122.jpg

DSC09123.jpg

DSC09128.jpg

Overall the tires are great, they handle great, and don't give off ANY road noise. Having said that they have firmed up the ride a good bit, giving me a more "sport" feeling when driving. Not to mention the fact they look great and my dealer was happy to put them on for me, and said the cheapest he could get them for was a $150.00 a tire. (I paid $106!) So far so good and I am glad to be rid of those $h!ty but good looking RS-A's!

Sweet Mary Mother Of Jesus...of Nazareth...WOW. Car looks GREAT in that color. Waxed and detailed...WOW!

Glad you got the new tires...

Chris

Thanks but it wasn't waxed at all. Last wax was about a month ago. It was just a quick wash and I did polish the wheels though. I do like the color it has alot of gold in it and looks nice with the beige interior. Thanks again, I do like my car. Best and one of the most expensive choices I ever made. Then again it was worth it for a Pontiac.

Edited by gm4life

Wow! Good looking car there!

Tires look good too!

Thank you very much sir. That sucker is my baby, and can go back and forth and tell you where every little chip/mark is. Overall not to bad for five years old and 29,000 miles later eh?

Edited by gm4life