Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Northstar-powered 1998 Buick Riviera prototype

9 posts in this topic

Not diggin' the wheels, but it's pretty cool overall.

Actually they are growing on me... And yes this thing is sweet, a Northstar powered Riv would have kicked a$$! This is one Buick I would buy.

UPDATE:

This car dealer is about an hour away from me, I wonder if they allow test drives? Also I wonder how a GM dealer in North Eastern Iowa got there hands on this thing... :huh:

Also these photographs were taken right of US HWY 52 near the dealer, I have passed by there many a time.

Edited by gm4life

Interesting idea......but I can say this project never was seriously considered by Buick management.....this car was most likely, like the article says, a one-off project car for SEMA.

I wrote my thesis on the launch of the 1995 Riviera and was very active in the development and launch of this car.

While many of us were enthusiastic about the notion of a V8-powered Riv.....it was always going to be 3800-powered. Someone might have pushed the idea, but I never saw ANY serious proposals for this.

Buick felt very strongly the SC 3800 was the right alternative at the time to the Aurora V8 and Mark VIII V8.

I've always wondered why a Northstar wasn't available on the Riv, and considering it seems to fit quite nicely...I do believe a light just went on in my head about making that happen ^_^

Very cool car.. love the color and of course, the styling. The last Riv was one of GM's design standouts of the '90s, IMHO.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0