Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Lajdziak set to retire from Saturn after 23 years

7 posts in this topic

Lajdziak set to retire from Saturn after 23 years

10/27/2009, 7:11 PMBY MARK KLEIS

Saturn General manager Jill Lajdziak is set to retire from General Motors at the end of this year after twenty-nine years in the GM family. GM says that Lajdziak will exercise some vacation time before her retirement takes effect at the end of the year.

Lajdziak spent her entire life surrounded by the automotive industry; Lajdziak’s father owned a Chevrolet and Oldsmobile dealership when she was a child. Lajdziak has memories as young as three years old helping her father wash cars at the dealership.

After graduating from the University of Wisconsin with a bachelor of arts degree in business marketing and management Lajdziak went to Proctor and Gamble looking for a possible career. What Lajdziak found instead was what she described as a break for her career when the interviewer asked, “Where would you like to be in five years?”

Lajdiziak said, “I want to be working for GM.” Lajdziak went on to start a career at GM in 1980 as a district sales manager for Chevrolet.

By 1986, Lajdziak had been promoted to be the manager of retailer selection with Saturn. Lajdziak went on to spend 23 years at the executive level with Saturn before becoming General Manager in 1999.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lajdziak-set-t...r-23-years.html

She always struck me as just a talking head, but then again, for as long as I've been following Saturn (~5-7yrs), that's all GM would've let her be. GM called the shots, her her job seemed to consist of telling everyone "it'll be ok", or "we're excited about the new things that are happening!"

She always struck me as just a talking head, but then again, for as long as I've been following Saturn (~5-7yrs), that's all GM would've let her be. GM called the shots, her her job seemed to consist of telling everyone "it'll be ok", or "we're excited about the new things that are happening!"

I totally agree. I see little to differentiate her from Docherty. I just simply get really annoyed at the "talking head" syndrome.....

One thing about big companies, is they tend to have more than one person in on making a decision. Both of these women I believe get some input into what happens before they go into "talking head mode"

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0