My luck ...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's turn this around to a positive. I could almost see you building it up into a turbo Buick with a thumpin Turbo V6 in a few years.

I like your car, knight....which is why I'm fighting for you to keep it. I remember these cars from when they were new, and I am a BIG fan of them.

Good Luck!

Chris

So another new development, the previous owner found my Craigslist posting for the Rocket 350. Apparently he wants the Regal back and is offering me the '85 Trans Am he offered me in the Monte trade. I told him that I'm not keen on trading since I'm having the engine swapped at the moment and have already started in investing in it.

Let's turn this around to a positive. I could almost see you building it up into a turbo Buick with a thumpin Turbo V6 in a few years.

I could do that. I could go a step beyond a turbo V6 (finding one is like trying to find God in a Satanic church) and drop in a nicely tuned 350TPI and a T5. :AH-HA:

I like your car, knight....which is why I'm fighting for you to keep it. I remember these cars from when they were new, and I am a BIG fan of them.

Good Luck!

Chris

Thanks man! Aside from the engine and mismatched interior, you wouldn't believe how many people have bragged on that Regal; the clean body, the GN hood and spoiler ... Hell, I don't even believe it. :P

I'm thinking build a turbo V6 motor from the block up at some point in the future.

Glad your keeping it...

Also...really hope you get a Firebird. I've wanted one since I was a kid (my uncle bought one when I was 7, a 1972 IIRC it was a Formula).

Really more of a fan of the 67-68 Convertibles than any other 'bird...

And a 69 First year TA would be nice.

Chris

I'm thinking build a turbo V6 motor from the block up at some point in the future.

I could find a 3.8L block from a junk Regal Limited and just start from there or yank a 3800 Series II and a five-speed out of an F-Body and then turbocharge that.

I do love my V8s, though. :P

Glad your keeping it...

I am too.

Also...really hope you get a Firebird. I've wanted one since I was a kid (my uncle bought one when I was 7, a 1972 IIRC it was a Formula).

We have something really in common then; I've always wanted a T/A since I was a kid. You know which movie to blame it on too.

I have a lead on a good sub-grand T/A as well as a Firebird Redbird. Depending if I get rid of the Olds 350 and the TH350R, I'll have the money to bring the better car home.

Really more of a fan of the 67-68 Convertibles than any other 'bird...

Finding one in good shape for next nothing is impossible. I had my chance to own one a few months before I bought the Cutlass, but the floorboards were rotten and the rear fenders were loaded with Bondo and poorly flared with fiberglass.

And a 69 First year TA would be nice.

Chris

A guy would have to play a lot of scratch-offs to get one, though.