Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: SEMA 2009: Breaker, breaker, we got ourselves a Bandit

16 posts in this topic

Filed under: Aftermarket, Concept Cars, SEMA Show, Coupe, Performance, Pontiac

kmtransamsema_lead.jpg
Kevin Morgan Phoenix Trans Am Concept 2 - Click above for high-res image gallery

Last year in Las Vegas, graphic designer Kevin Morgan showed off the first Trans Am rebody of the new Camaro at SEMA 2008. This year he is back with T/A version 2.0 for SEMA 2009. While the original "Phoenix" T/A 1.0 had the Bandit color combo we know and love, a few of the details were off in making it a true '77-'78 Trans Am redo.

For this year's show he's rectified that situation with a new quad-headlight front fascia and a few other changes that bring it more in line with the uber Firebirds we remember from our misspent youths. Slip into one of these black and gold Trans Ams and before you know it you'll be East Bound and Down, calling for the Snowman on your CB to help you stay one step ahead of Smokey. Built in conjunction with fabricator Todd Otto, one-off versions can be ordered to spec, and a kit version will also be made available through Trans Am Depot starting in early 2010.

Photos copyright ©2009 Drew Phillips, Weblogs, Inc.

SEMA 2009: Breaker, breaker, we got ourselves a Bandit originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 03 Nov 2009 12:38:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=z0gptKmhhns:aT_7tSjUScQ:wF9xT autoblog?i=z0gptKmhhns:aT_7tSjUScQ:V_sGL
z0gptKmhhns

View the full article

I don't like the rear (the spoiler looks stupid), but I do quite like the front end.

From those pics. I can't even tell what the rear looks like!

I know, the photos are terrible in that regard, hwoever that wing stands out like the one on the G6 GXP. :yuck:

It's funny too. I don't remember who I talked to about this a few years ago when the Camaro concept came out. But I tried to convince them to do a Bandit T/A chop for one of the competitions.

I like this a LOT better than the earlier Bandit TA.

I agree with DF... the spoiler needs work... it needs to be more like the Lingenfelter one... and put the 'Trans Am' script on the spoiler, damnit!

I really like the quad headlights. Front end is A+ IMO.

This is much better than the Lingenfelter one (besides the back, which both fail at). Much more cohesive with the rest of the body. Would love to see better lit photos.

The first-gen greenhouse sort of ruins everything, but I would ultimately choose this conversion over Lingenfelter's.

This just worsens my lust for a real T/A and makes me miss Pontiac even more.

Buy a Camaro.

By the conversion for this.

Brand new Pontiac.

Quit yer bitchin' :P

As far as I'm concerned, their leaving the general shape of the Camaro's nose is what makes this work so well compaired to the other one. Not sure about the back, since its hard to see. I would just ditch the spoiler and the silly decals/gold wheels.

Buy a Camaro.

By the conversion for this.

Brand new Pontiac.

Quit yer bitchin' :P

Ah, yeah... a $60K Pontiac... and you folks think its unreasonable to think some Pontiac people will move to BMW. ;-)

Trouble is... I rather have a RWD Bonneville or GTO. Don't see anyone coming up with a conversion for them... or anything available in the US that would be easily converted.

That rear is pretty horrible. They did an awful job trying to implement those 2nd gen taillight designs.

The more I see these attempts at a second gen conversion, the more I want to see a first gen.

maybe its good pontiac was killed, then we wouldn't have to deal with the eventual firechicken to drag the whole thing down again. and a cladded firechicken too.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0