Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: SEMA 2009: Toyota Tundra Hot Rod kinda cool, but misses the bullseye

18 posts in this topic

Filed under: Aftermarket, SEMA Show, Truck, Japan, Toyota, Specialty

tundrahotrodsema_lead.jpg
Toyota Tundra Hot Rod - Click above for high-res image gallery

Yeah... Toyota is painting this one as a what-would-happen if Tundras existed back during the hot rodding heyday of the 1950s. We'll let you draw your own conclusions about that. However, we would like to take this opportunity to point out that the grill would have been chrome, not matte. And odds are they would have lowered the truck a bit more, right?

Also, whatever aerodynamic advantage gained with the moon disk hubs is negated (and then some) by the giant wing mirrors. All that smack talked, an actual Japanese take on American hot rods would be welcome -- maybe next year. Full press release -- and perhaps a better explanation -- after the jump.

Photos copyright ©2009 Drew Phillips / Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading SEMA 2009: Toyota Tundra Hot Rod kinda cool, but misses the bullseye

SEMA 2009: Toyota Tundra Hot Rod kinda cool, but misses the bullseye originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:39:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=YF_qEX0p0V8:zaLP81PZ3kI:wF9xT autoblog?i=YF_qEX0p0V8:zaLP81PZ3kI:V_sGL
YF_qEX0p0V8

View the full article

Kind of sick and perverted, but I can't look away.

Sort of like Rosie O'Donnel in a lace bra, only not quite as sexy.

Chris

Chris

Very well said, Chris.

Is there an exhibit of a car crusher at SEMA? If yes, put this ugly POS in it and out of OUR misery. Gross.

QUICK! Somebody at SEMA grab a grease pen and write "CASH FOR CLUNKERS - NOT FOR SALE" on the Windshield!

Now heading to rinse my eyes out with liquid Drano.

>>"an actual Japanese take on American hot rods would be welcome"<<

welcomed by whom ????????????

Is there an exhibit of a car crusher at SEMA? If yes, put this ugly POS in it and out of OUR misery. Gross.

QUICK! Somebody at SEMA grab a grease pen and write "CASH FOR CLUNKERS - NOT FOR SALE" on the Windshield!

Now heading to rinse my eyes out with liquid Drano.

Actually, thankfully, this thing probably WILL be crushed. Most SEMA carmaker projects that are still owned by the carmaker are modified beyond normal production and are destroyed for liability reasons.

Sucks when it is a cool car...but I would take $4500 in a cash for clunkers deal for the Turd from TRD.

Chris

>>"an actual Japanese take on American hot rods would be welcome"<<

Agreed, balthy. I do like some Japanese cars, and I love traditional American cars and traditional 50's lead sled customs.

But I enjoy Chocolate and Steak...but not at the same time. Mixing traditional hot rod style on a Japanese car is just...wrong.

Chris

Chris

DON'T MAKE ME THROW UP

Chris

Priceless.

DON'T MAKE ME THROW UP

How about Ellen Degeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, and Roseanne Barr rubbing butter and cooking lard on one another in a pool full of bacon grease?

How about Ellen Degeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, and Roseanne Barr rubbing butter and cooking lard on one another in a pool full of bacon grease?

:huh::drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Grease BURNS, right? I donate a single HIGHWAY FLARE to the above mentioned party.

Chris

Augggh... I'm having to flashbacks to the movie 'Exit to Eden' and Rosie in leather S&M gear. Though Dana Delany was quite tasty in that movie, IIRC.

Toyota's mixing the metaphors here, though I think '50s custom stying cues (flames, matte black, salt flat disks) are plausable only on '49 Mercurys and other period customs. Flames look dumb on anything from after 1959, IMHO.

EEWEEEEEEE

Augggh... I'm having to flashbacks to the movie 'Exit to Eden' and Rosie in leather S&M gear. Though Dana Delany was quite tasty in that movie, IIRC.

<!--quoteo(post=552677:date=Nov 6 2009, 02:43 AM:name=whiteknight)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whiteknight @ Nov 6 2009, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=552677"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about Ellen Degeneres, Rosie O'Donnell, and Roseanne Barr rubbing butter and cooking lard on one another in a pool full of bacon grease?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

EEWEEEEEEE

Made you puke. :neenerneener:

<i>>>"an actual Japanese take on American hot rods would be welcome"<<</i>

Me.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0