Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Television Theme Songs

Paolino

"Maude" - besides the fact that the GW does NOT take you to Westchester County, what's with the 50s cars in the opening for a 70s sitcom?

I think they were using stock footage to give a sense of place, that Tuckahoe was just outside of NYC?

>>"Alyssa is attractive, but her chest is purchased. "<<

Was it? (Not that I care in the least; my motto: 'As long as there's no duct tape or pop rivets, I'm in'.)

She's been topless in the past- they aren't overdone at all... a LOT of what you see on a woman is enabled by understructure. Elizabeth Hurley is a good case study here.

Alyssa is very attractive, tho she had so many different looks.

Catherine Bell is too, but there's something off-putting about her face, an underlying dourness, to my eye. She's sure is racked, tho.

-- -- -- -- --

(with all these '70s sitcom references... Wanna feel old ??

3579746831_ab33fa730a.jpg

Edited by balthazar

Catherine Bell

but there's something off-putting about her face, an underlying dourness

with all these '70s sitcom references... Wanna feel old ??

Yes. Agreed. There is a slight dourness. I didn't know who she was, so I looked for some web images.

The 70s definitely had their place, though - the beginning of bad hair, the country's bicentennial, disco, bad clothes, opera windows on cars, catalytic converter fires, the staying power of sitcom series, and...drum roll...the "phenomenon" that middle class people could buy homes in the vanilla suburbs of NYC, Boston, LA and SF, and still have enough of a margin left over to raise a family.

So whop on the beat... to where there's music playin... One Day at a Time, One Day at a la da da da ;)

>>"Alyssa is attractive, but her chest is purchased. "<<

Was it? (Not that I care in the least; my motto: 'As long as there's no duct tape or pop rivets, I'm in'.)

She's been topless in the past- they aren't overdone at all... a LOT of what you see on a woman is enabled by understructure. Elizabeth Hurley is a good case study here.

Alyssa is very attractive, tho she had so many different looks.

Catherine Bell is too, but there's something off-putting about her face, an underlying dourness, to my eye. She's sure is racked, tho.

-- -- -- -- --

Catherine Bell's rack is all natural goodness.

Am I the only one who misses theme songs?

No.

IMHO, the theme song helped give each show its "character" ... if that makes any sense. Now, as mentioned, most shows only have a title page ... and maybe a "flash" of music ... but nothing to call a true "theme", at least, not that I would call a theme anyway....

*shrugs*

Holy cow, though ... lots of good themes noted in this thread ... brings back a LOT of memories ... coolness.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...radio show, Dec 09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Life is like a circle slowly turning on itself" ... Clay Davidson ... 'Unconditional'