Rage, hate, and so on

It's been a crummy week, that's for sure.

Today I was planning to go to the parts stores and get some prices on a tie rod puller and a torque wrench, and see if buying them plus the bushings would be cheaper than having the shop doing the inner tie rod bushing for the Intrepid.

At about 12:30 I head out. Since the Prizm was across the street out front (and I had yanked the starter relay out of the Intrepid and forgot it) I figured I'd take that. I walk over to it and unlock the door and notice something sitting on the center console. Open it up and come to find that someone had broken the rear quarter window, broken the center stack bezel, and ripped out the cheap Sony stereo that was in it. I was rip $h! pissed. Olds and captainbooyah will attest to my colorful use of language. Oh there was yelling, I do hope half the town heard my rage and deep hatred for it.

Naturally, the police are useless. Basically "sucks to be you" is what we got. Same with the insurance since comprehensive doesn't cover anything like that. Glass places are closed and so are the junkyards until Monday.

I really, really, really hate this festering $h!hole and all of its worthless inhabitants. The thief should consider himself lucky I didn't catch him or I would have have run him through with my sword, and if he tried to escape I would have run his ass down. Naturally since this is MA and not NH I'm sure I'd have gotten in trouble with the law for protecting my property as well, so I guess its for the best.

I'm just soooooo pissed that not only was it over a crummy Sony radio that was under $100, but the f@#k broke the fixed door window and I'm not sure how that is mounted. Anyone know?

I kinda thought I was going a little overboard by always putting the Intrepid in the driveway and removing the starter relay, but apparently not. I hate this place...applying for a job in Pittsburgh, KS today.

It won't be until Monday that I can do something about the car. :censored: :censored: :fiery::cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing::angry:

Note to self: stay the fuck out of MA.

inb4: Hate to hear that, damn that sucks, kill him with fire, etc.

Condolences don't really do much in the way of soothing a savage soul. :P

But seriously do hate that you've had quite a few problems with the resident idiots in your town. Just to put it out there, I do have a cheap Sony stereo you can have that I kept from the Sonoma. It doesn't read CDs that well, though and it needs to be cleaned up because the idiots who painted the Cutlass got dust all over it.

Edited by whiteknight

Sorry to hear that. Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed. I didn't know there was a Pittsburgh in KS. Then again, I've never been through KS.

Like your new avatar.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

My Jeep got broken into when I was at a movie a couple years ago. They stole my iPod cassette adapter and 2 Foo Fighters CDs which I made the mistake of leaving out in the open...the white cord must have attracted the lowlifes. Broke out the driver's window.

Did your Sony have a removable faceplate? I always took the faceplate off of the Sony units in my Mustang and Bronco when they sat outside years ago.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

We've always been plagued with predators in various forms. 10% unemployment, the figure that the media will allow to be bandied about, will bring much more of this type of victim-preying-upon-victim behavior. It doesn't seem to pay to have anything nice. It seems that all we're doing is taking care of something for an anonymous someone who'll choose the time and place to relieve one of their property. The Police? (shrug) They'll do what they do best: Swap head-shaving tips, buy Creatine in-bulk and show-up after-the-fact festooned with all of that swell gear clipped to their utility belts. Unless you're set on joining a commune with other like-minded individuals; you're on your own.

Fisker will be hiring 2500 people in Delaware by 2012, I think they have already started looking at resumes.

I know that they are. Divulging more triangulates who I be, PCS. One good welder I know is already 'in'. I hope they've the sense to pick the best-of-the-best former GM engineers, still in their relative youth at age 67 or so.

Hope you have a good evening.

Ugh.

Glad I didn't catch them, this sort of thing sends me into a rage. I really think I would hurt someone if I caught them pulling this crap.

Sorry to hear this DF, time to move for sure.

Feel the same way. Trust me I shouted at the top of my lungs today. Had I caught them they'd be in the hospital...or the morgue

dang it dude, that sucks... here in the small town of anderson we been seeing a lot more robberies and break ins. just last week a guy not 10 min from the hospital was seriously wounded when a guy robbed him and his daughter at gun point. his daughter started freaking out and the robber was going to shoot her so he jumped in front of her and they guy shot him in the back and in the throat... also there have been a few car jackings and in one case a guy jumped out in front of a lady in her car. when she stopped, about 5-10 people surrounded the car and they tried to rob her, ended up shooting her in the hand when she grabbed her purse back. i never hardly used it, but for the past month or 2 i havent left the house till i made sure mr smith and mr wesson were ready to accompany me. with unemployment going north of 10% im afraid we've only seen the beginning.

At about 12:30 I head out. Since the Prizm was across the street out front (and I had yanked the starter relay out of the Intrepid and forgot it) I figured I'd take that. I walk over to it and unlock the door and notice something sitting on the center console. Open it up and come to find that someone had broken the rear quarter window, broken the center stack bezel, and ripped out the cheap Sony stereo that was in it. I was rip $h! pissed. Olds and captainbooyah will attest to my colorful use of language. Oh there was yelling, I do hope half the town heard my rage and deep hatred for it.

Basically, that's how it always is... a series of 'WTF' moments until it hits you want happened.

My GF's car got broken into last year... they broke the little rear window to steal the big box in the backseat. But since she has a small place, she stores stuff in the car for space... literally, she has a pantry of soda and cat litter in the trunk... crazy. But the box they wanted they opened... expecting a suitcase full of cash, I expect... and it was full of glass thanksgiving turkeys! I would have loved to see the look on thier face. They stole a little can with a few bucks in change... losers.

About a decade ago, someone broke into my '70 Tempest in Atlantic City. This is a car that NOBODY would want to break into. It was five different colors, rusted and nearly every corner was dented. The back seat was full of trash. They tried to see if the door was unlocked... fortunately, my lock was screwed up so that once you pushed the door button in with the door locked, it would permanently jam (only I knew how to unjam it). They broke the vent window gear and reached in to roll the window down... but the door was apart, and the handle fell off. They fought with it until the window was halfway down... then it jammed. They must have used something to reach across the car and unlock the passenger side door and got in. Well, the stereo was super useless, but they rolled up my CD adapter, as they must have thought I had a CD player in the car... well, I didn't. But they searched the car and took my insurance card folder and an expired registration card. Since I parked in a crap lot and worked late, I used to bring my CD player, computers, current registration card and insurance card with me. Inside the insurance folder they must've been surprised to find a small collection of photos... OF MY CAR! In its rusty, totalled, multicolored glory! I had taken them in preporation to enter it in Car And Driver's Ten Best Rolling Wrecks!

I laughed my ass off in the parking lot... who would be so STUPID to break into the most hideous car in South Jersey?!? I know how hard it was to get into the car... and the door was full of sharp metal, so they likely got cut up. I closed the vent window and used the aftermarket vent window lock already installed, reached into the inner door and unjammed the door lock and drove home.

Naturally, the police are useless. Basically "sucks to be you" is what we got.

Yeah, got the same thing when people broken into my father's house.

I'm just soooooo pissed that not only was it over a crummy Sony radio that was under $100, but the f@#k broke the fixed door window and I'm not sure how that is mounted. Anyone know?

Generally, they are just glued in... remove the trim from the inside and you can get to it. Probably have to buy one new, as getting one out of the junkyard would be a PITA... but you might be able to get it out with some piano wire. You might luck out (by the sound of the thread, you won't) and it'll be just held in place by the rubber gasket, but looking at your photo, I doubt it.

Thanks dude. I need to figure out what would be the cheaper way to go: finding a working OEM radio in the yard or getting a new adapter housing and adapter wires.

An OEM stereo runs about twenty to forty bucks down here. A new stereo housing and adapter wires will run about twenty bucks from Wal-Mart. Either way, the cost is close.

The divider bar, rubber, and glass comes down with the run channel as a unit on most cars. The bar should be fastened inside the door somewhere. You'll likely need to gut the door to get it out, movable glass, regulator, etc. I think you can do it though. I've seen so many cars broken into through that stationary glass, it must be easier to break than movable glasses. The thief then reaches in, unlocks the door, and voila, he gains access.

Good luck in getting it fixed quickly, as cardboard in the hole is even less of a deterrent.

Edited by ocnblu

I am so sorry. I feel for you. I got the same thing from the police myself. They did nothing. They broke the same window out on my Ninety Eight. I had to go to the junkyard and get one off a 1991-1992 Ninety Eight. The glass repair people knew how to install the glass. The thief got nothing. I laughed. They did steal cds from my neighbors car. They broke her window out the same way. They break the quarter window because it is easier. This happened to me in like 2006.

I feel for you. I do recall seeing a teenage boy several days later staring at me when I was standing in my driveway angry. I wanted him to know I knew he did it. He looked terrified when he saw me. That year around Christmas some teens were going around breaking into cars.

I totally know what you are going through.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

If I saw the kid I would do way more than just stare at him. I would put the fear of god in his eyes as I came after him with my 4 foot adjustable wrench. :fiery:

Well the Prizm has a lovely bag over the window now...at least it isn't supposed to rain until Wednesday. Both cars are in the driveway. I've put the Prizm behind the Intrepid and removed the starter relay from the Intrepid (they may come after my used, scuffed wheels for all I know). I'm not sure where the relay is for the Prizm though. Not in the fuse and relay box like the Intrepid.

I'm thinking of making some rounds tonight, sword in hand.

We've always been plagued with predators in various forms. 10% unemployment, the figure that the media will allow to be bandied about, will bring much more of this type of victim-preying-upon-victim behavior. It doesn't seem to pay to have anything nice. It seems that all we're doing is taking care of something for an anonymous someone who'll choose the time and place to relieve one of their property. The Police? (shrug) They'll do what they do best: Swap head-shaving tips, buy Creatine in-bulk and show-up after-the-fact festooned with all of that swell gear clipped to their utility belts. Unless you're set on joining a commune with other like-minded individuals; you're on your own.

+1

Not to mention the 17% on top of that who have given up or are only "partially employed" That equals roughly 1 in 6 Americans out of work. But BY GOD, the recession is over!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Damn DF, you're starting to sound like me (the tone of that post) all you need is a few capitalized letters and some random spaces. LOL.

I know it sucks man, but don't dwell on it. There's really nothing you can do, unless you have the paperwork for it. Then you could hit up pawn shops.

Look at it this way, at least it wasn't the Intrepid.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Oh, and it's probably NOT a good idea to go head hunting. That's what I was going to do as well when mine got taken. Then one of the members here brought up a good point, if the punk is underage he could actually charge and sue you for assault.

Revenge is sweet, god knows I love it. But it's not worth effing up your record or life.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I just wish today was Monday so I could got o teh yard and see what I could get for parts so I can put the car back together. I'm going to buy locking lug nuts for the Intrepid, an if I do get a used aftermarket stereo (as opposed to stock), I'll take it out every day. Although I wonder if the missing faceplate would stop theft of the actual unit...I dunno.

How about a "blank" cover to snap in over the stereo after you remove the face plate? It will hide the stereo and make it look like you have no radio, just a piece of black plastic filling the void.

I thought those stereos with face plates are rendered useless if the faceplate is removed, making it worthless to a thief.

EDIT: how about a blank cover with a bunch of stereo wires hanging off of it? It will appear to potential thieves the radio is already stolen!:scratchchin:

Edited by ocnblu

I like 'blu's idea.

I've known people to do that...and you could control an actual under dash stereo with a remote.

Seen it done in vintage cars to keep a vintage radio in the radio slot and the dash uncut...but bring in modern tunes.

Chris

When you say BAC do you mean Baltimore Air Coil?

Bank of America. BAC being the stock symbol (Bank of America Corporation)

when I worked in investments, the habit was to refer to companies by stock symbol. Old habits die hard.

EDIT: oops, Z06 beat me to it.

DF, how about a motion light or something like that? Mount it above the cars. It might stop some thieves and it's probably relatively cheap.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM