A picture I would like to share...

What is that thing? :lol:

Congratulations, Roger and family!

Hahaha...

Things about to get even a little more hectic, ey, Roger? At least you were thinking ahead with a huge car :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by caddycruiser

Thanks everyone!! The wife has been wanting another child, has been ever since about three years ago (my little guy is now 4). Finances are never going to be enough, so that's not really a concern (well it is, but hopefully you know what I mean). She "tried" to get pregnant in August & September, followed her websites and calculated the best days to get pregnant and all; but NOTHING. Figures that when you don't do that stuff and let nature take it's course things will work out. We were not planning to get pregnant, but didn't mind if God allowed it to happen. So far she has been a "boy producer" - Anthony ( 15 y-o, my step-son) and Justin (my 4 y-o). So what's your guess - another boy or will the trend be broken with a girl?

Yeah, about the vehicles. The G6 is fine for us now, but a big stroller will be a PITA to get in the trunk (well, my 4 y-o's wouldn't fit), and then try squeezing a baby, toddler, teenager & two adults in. While she's finally warmed-up to the Cadillac, she's now more concerned about a more appropriate "family hauler" (i.e., a minivan or large crossover). So I told her we'll deal with the Caddy for now and try to save some $$$ during the winter & spring months and then maybe we can cash in on a great July 4th (2010) summer deal. Too bad GM doesn't make a minivan, it looks like I'd be a perfect target market for one.

Congrads.

So far she has been a "boy producer" - Anthony ( 15 y-o, my step-son) and Justin (my 4 y-o). So what's your guess - another boy or will the trend be broken with a girl?

Well, of course, since you have the X and the Y, its actually your decision, not hers. I hope you concentrated.

So I told her we'll deal with the Caddy for now and try to save some $$ during the winter & spring months and then maybe we can cash in on a great July 4th (2010) summer deal. Too bad GM doesn't make a minivan, it looks like I'd be a perfect target market for one.

Even with a busload of children, I would rather have a secondhand limo than a minivan. ;-) Or a hearse. Actually, the GF might be into driving a hearse... I'll have to ask her. ;-)

Thanks everyone!! The wife has been wanting another child, has been ever since about three years ago (my little guy is now 4). Finances are never going to be enough, so that's not really a concern (well it is, but hopefully you know what I mean). She "tried" to get pregnant in August & September, followed her websites and calculated the best days to get pregnant and all; but NOTHING. Figures that when you don't do that stuff and let nature take it's course things will work out. We were not planning to get pregnant, but didn't mind if God allowed it to happen. So far she has been a "boy producer" - Anthony ( 15 y-o, my step-son) and Justin (my 4 y-o). So what's your guess - another boy or will the trend be broken with a girl?

Yeah, about the vehicles. The G6 is fine for us now, but a big stroller will be a PITA to get in the trunk (well, my 4 y-o's wouldn't fit), and then try squeezing a baby, toddler, teenager & two adults in. While she's finally warmed-up to the Cadillac, she's now more concerned about a more appropriate "family hauler" (i.e., a minivan or large crossover). So I told her we'll deal with the Caddy for now and try to save some $$ during the winter & spring months and then maybe we can cash in on a great July 4th (2010) summer deal. Too bad GM doesn't make a minivan, it looks like I'd be a perfect target market for one.

I see a CPO Acadia or Enclave in your future

Shhhh. . . I'm going to let you in on a secret! The lambdas are really Minivans, but have the ability to appear as expensive SUVs. :smilewide:

Expensive is right! You can't touch a decently equiiped one for under $35k. If it wasn't for the taller ride height and traditonal rear passenger doors, these could almost pass for a minivan.

I really like the new 2010 GMC Terrain, but not sure how well it would accomodate the family comfortably and the storage space needed. As such, a Lambda would definitely come in handy!!

Thanks again for all the congrats. Wife went to the doctor yesterday and she did a blood test. She also scheduled a visit to her OB/GYN in early December (I thought that was late, but according to her that's the earliest they see you in your pregnancy).

It's funny you mention that last part 66stang, as that has been my response to her the past three years when she's brought up having another child ("can't we just practice making a child???").

I will say that I told her years ago I was fully comfortable with having only one child of my own (since she already had a son coming into this relationship). I know she's always wanted 3 kids, and we did wait a while until we reproduced (we were 30 when Justin came along; Anthony was 11 at the time). Now in our mid-30s, this is the time to have another before we get too old!!! Justin and the new baby will have a 5 year age difference, which shouldn't be too bad. We're waiting until Thanksgiving to tell the family, as my parents have been hoping that we were going to have another child and the rest of the family is clueless that we even wanted another child.

The big problem we're facing now (outside of finances!) is that we live in a 3-bedroom "carriage house" (aka townhouse, but larger than the common townhouse). There's no way we can afford to sell & move, and there's no way to "build" a 4th bedroom with our model's layout. If its a boy, then Justin will have a new roommate for a couple of years. If it's a girl, Anthony's already requested that we finish the basement, or at least a small portion of it, for him to call "home". I told him cash is not available, nor will become more available in the next year, for this to happen.

Maybe I should convert to Amish so I can have a finished basement-raising?!?!? Hahahaha!! :lol:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74