Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: First Look: Bugatti 16C Galibier Concept

17 posts in this topic

Filed under: Concept Cars, Sedan, Performance, Bugatti, Luxury

Fine Art Masquerading As A Sedan

bugatti_galibier_10_opt.jpg
Bugatti 16C Galibier Concept - Click above for new high-res image gallery

Bugatti invited us to the first unveiling of its new 16C Galibier Concept on U.S. soil at a special event in Southern California last week. While we have all seen the press images from its debut in Molsheim last month, the select in-person preview gave us an excellent opportunity to talk with Bugatti about the concept, scrutinize the vehicle up close, and to actually spend some time sitting inside the passenger cabin.

The first modern four-door from Bugatti is absolutely striking in the flesh.
Introduced as the automaker's first modern four-door sedan, the 16C Galibier Concept is a close look at what the production 16C Galibier will resemble when it goes on sale in about three years (with a sales price estimated to be about $1.6 million). While it's engineered to be a sedan without peers - and we have no reason to question Bugatti's ability to accomplish this objective - the mechanical aspects of the Galibier will have to take a back seat to its design until the production model arrives in 2012.

In this rarefied automotive segment, the utilitarian value of the vehicle is absent. Vehicles are purchased for their design - that physical aura - and their historical distinction. Performance is expected. Understanding the connection, Bugatti chose a prestigious Beverly Hills gallery to host the event. After a brief introduction, the fabric cover hiding the concept was removed. Follow the jump to find out our reaction.

Continue reading First Look: Bugatti 16C Galibier Concept

First Look: Bugatti 16C Galibier Concept originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=Wcs3SL-J0S8:ksMMsE_iKI0:wF9xT autoblog?i=Wcs3SL-J0S8:ksMMsE_iKI0:V_sGL
Wcs3SL-J0S8

View the full article

I think its an amazing piece of design, I hope the production version stays close to the concept. I especially like the "spine".

I like it better as a sedan than as the Veyron.

Chris

I hope they make it. What an engineering marvel.

Why are autoblog's pics always squished (on their site) ? Is it me somehow, or some sort of lame copyright protection ??

Interesting design... but with the proportions compromised (at least for me), I have to reserve comment.

Yes, that does help- tanx!

What's the secret, so I don't have to ask next time.

-- -- -- -- --

Random :: Has some real nice touches (the hood windsplit is nearly identical to the one on my B-59), but a few come off cheap-ish to me (the suitcase-ish door pull straps). I'm trying like hell to like the tombstone grille (getting there), I love the split hood opening, hate the rims & exhaust tips, love the peak thru the greenhouse & the vertical CHMSL. The rounded rear hints at a more SUV-ish image than a 'saloon'- kinda weird. The chrome sides would have to go (as much as I love chrome).

Overall, this blows RR completely out of the pond.

Edited by balthazar

You're welcome!

They view fine for me, but AB's gallery has been screwy since the last update. All I did was copy the image location (right click, copy image location or link location depending on whatever browser yo use calls it) and paste it between image tags [ img ] and [ /img ] but without the spaces between the brackets.

That's actually not chrome but highly polished aluminum (which I love against the dark blue painted carbon fiber)).

Love the interior and it's detailing. Really like the exterior....I love the rear end shape, nice to see an ultra lux hatchback, rather than the predictable 3 box form. Seems to sit a bit high, but that's probably due to the large wheels.

So, eight exhaust pipes will be the next fad?

Lookout big can exhaust....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I AM SO STARTING TO PICK UP POP CANS AND BOTTLES ON THE HIGHWAY TO GET ME ONE OF THESE - I WOULD JUST SIT AND STARE AT IT!

At an estimated 1.6 million you're gonna need a hell of a lot of cans and bottles! :kol:

At an estimated 1.6 million you're gonna need a hell of a lot of cans and bottles! :kol:

yeah...but if I collect them in Iowa and take them to Michigan...I double the value...10 cents a pop! So I will only need 16,000,000 bottles and cans and a really big truck to haul them to a 10 cent state!

I still think that it would be worth it to have this machine in the garage!

Exterior: The front kinda reminds me of the Malibu for some reason. But over all it's unique and impresive.

Interor: WOW.

Rolls Royce, eat your heart out.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0