New forum software. Shiny!

This was what you'd call a "happy accident". My goal was to upgrade a second copy of the site and tease you all with screen caps of some of the new features. So much for being cynical.

I still have some work to do in the meantime, so the site may blink once in a while today. But in the meantime, enjoy.

Yeah, sorry about that. The IPB 3 skin templates are completely different and our old skins didn't convert over. I'm trying to figure out the new skin templates so I can change some colors around.

I like the new Fast Reply box. Saves me a click. :D

However, as of right now "quote" boxes aren't quite there yet. Instead of being separated off in replies like before, they just look like the rest of the body of text now.

Probably just one of those kinks that needs ironing out though.

I like the new Fast Reply box. Saves me a click. :D

However, as of right now "quote" boxes aren't quite there yet. Instead of being separated off in replies like before, they just look like the rest of the body of text now.

Probably just one of those kinks that needs ironing out though.

It's only for older posts.

I'm a bit concerned about the 'rep points' function. I know this isn't a gaming forum, but you'd be amazed how some people can get angry over a little coloured box with an integer inside of it. It calls to mind the 'Great Rep War' of '08 at a gaming forum I used to belong to. Posts were made. PM's were sent. Profile's were raged in. Ego's were bruised. :P

I'm kinda glad there isn't a "GoogleBot" post at the bottom of every thread anymore.

There's a new format to the RSS feed and so far I can't read any of the new stuff via RSS (although it shows up in my reader). This problem may be on my end though.

GoogleBot was renamed Tipjar and is still there at the end of the thread.

I haven't even begun to play with the RSS feed settings yet

Wow ... what a cool surprise!

I really like this new look ... awesome job. :)

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...drive south, Nov 09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Did the trail of yellow brick come to an end?" ... Debby Boone ... 'Are You On The Road To Lovin' Me Again?'

a refresh is nice. but a few things.

to me the old site read easier. colors and tables had more contrast, the blue and grey thing just doesn't pop from all the white space so much. the fonts and sizes of them were more readable. you have to scroll a lot more now. pages seem to take longer to load. its not easy in a post to see what is a quote. getting the numbers / stats or replies and such is tougher for the eye to pick off vs before.

in short, i guess it looks more modern, and it probably has more features. but right now, its hard to read. i wonder if the red wasn't nicer.

Hurry Dodgefan, all this blue, silver and white makes me think

of winter and that's not a good thought for me ... :smilewide:

Maybe a tan, brown, and red SW theme. Or a classic 3270 style all black background w/ green text.

The first two issues are related to the server, which has a conflict somewhere and we haven't found it yet. The best I can do is reset the server when it gets real slow or stops (which apparently I have to do now) until we find the problem and fix it.

The ignore thing I'm not sure about though.

Strange, the images resized on my end. It wouldn't be a browser issue, would it? I'm using Chrome.

My observations are based on using this thread: http://www.cheersandgears.com/index.php/topic/15564-project-camino/page__st__460

I get the same results using Firefox v3.5.5 or IE v8.0.6001.18702. I also tried Firebox v3.0.10 on a physically separate machine, which also yielded the same results.

One cool feature I just discovered. I posted a message. PCS posted the next message. I posted the next message. I went to reply to his, and my reply (and his message quoted) was automagically attached on to my last message.