Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Rumormill: Holden-based, RWD 2012 Chevy SS coming after all?

9 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Chevrolet, Holden, Australia, Rumormill

luminassleader.jpg
Chevrolet Lumina SS (Middle East edition) - click above for high-res image gallery

If it's Monday, there must be a big, rear-wheel drive Chevy four-door coming soon. Tuesday? We'll retract and deny everything. We know, we know. We also know we just reported that the next Chevy Impala will remain FWD -- but check this out. We've been hearing rumors for some time now, that despite whatever Fritz Henderson has to say on the matter, a high-performance version of the Pontiac G8 will live on as a Chevy SS model, either badged as a Caprice or (more likely) an Impala. And we're not talking the police special. As Maximum Bob has said, the G8 is "Kinda too good to waste." Needless to say, we totally agree.

An eagle-eye'd reader named Jim just caught the following on a Pontiac G8 forum:

"My dealer had sent off pictures to GM of the cable portion of the front seats belts rubbing against the plastic on the side of the front seats. In an email sent back to the dealer, GM says that they have no plans to solve what has already been built but going forward a correction is planned. The email continues: ...a fix is planned for MY11.5 Chevy Police Program and MY12 Chevy SS. The fix will involve a protective sleeve that covers the buckle and section of the buckle stem that rubs on the plastic trim."

How 'bout them apples? Not only does it confirm what we've heard, but it brings a great big smile to our face. Now, repeat after us, LS3 with six-speed manual, LS3 with six-speed manual, LS3 with six-speed manual... Thanks a million, Jim!

Source: G8 Board]

Rumormill: Holden-based, RWD 2012 Chevy SS coming after all? originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:32:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=xlxn8T5-1CU:GKKd4AYSVuQ:wF9xT autoblog?i=xlxn8T5-1CU:GKKd4AYSVuQ:V_sGL
xlxn8T5-1CU

View the full article

Hmmm...I assume this is what the PCS has been hinting at...interesting.

hopefully with that >ls3 displacement with DI motor. ;) the one that was mentioned about the HD truck to take some of the sales from the duramax.. or at least a better option than the 6.2 currently

Everything is going to be ok.

Just remember...

Goosefrabba

Bawitdaba

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room