Candidates

Blake Noble

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all, that was just a few mere inches away from actually being mine.

And hey, here's a challenge: if you think you can find a better T/A or Firebird than I can for under $1,500 and less than 300 miles away from zip code 40403, link me to it.

That would not be outside the pentagon of NO SALE!

It cannot be done

Exactly. These cars aren't going to all jump to 25K overnight. Be a picky bastard, get yourself a really good 'bird.

Believe enough in your dream to be willing to do it right, even if you have to wait a year. I've waited a long time almost every time I've bought a car, and when just the right car comes...nab it.

In the mean time, save cash. Money talks, bull$h! walks.

Chris

On a completely unrelated note, this is unbelievable. I think I might flag it: http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1469540169.html

I work in Ross county and I think I've seen THAT Chevy running around....

If you want me to check it out, let me know!

Chris

I work in Ross county and I think I've seen THAT Chevy running around....

If you want me to check it out, let me know!

Chris

Don't make me stray the course. :P

They are giving it away at that price if the pictures prove correct.

On an unrelated note, anyone remember this thing: http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/1465529373.html

Some guy tried to trade me the shell of that car for the Firebird. Now I think I know why. He wanted to put that LT1 in it.

Keep us posted, dude.

Even though your buying a ratty Firebird scares me more than a little bit...I am still living through you a little bit.\

Going to be buying a better family type car, probably going to be a GTI VW 4 door...thinking in August or so maybe.

So a Firebird is going to be out of the works for awhile.

Chris

Just so you, Camino and 'blu know that Impala is for real for real, talked to the guy while I was at work today. Car seems like it will be really really good.

'blu, you sure there isn't an Impala in your future?

Chris

Where is this car again! :convertible:

Just south of Columbus, Ohio.

Talking with the guy he doesn't seem like a bull crapper at all...and the car sounds very legit and VERY nice.

Chris

The purchase price is fantastic and the car is a sweetheart... however, I would need to protect the car from weather. I only have a one-car garage, sadly.

THIS CAR BETTER NOT GET DONKED IS ALL I GOTTA SAY.

Edited by ocnblu

If you want to get really made, I can take you by a shop down on McKinley avenue here in Columbus where they seem to be Donking about half of GM's surviving RWD production.

I've seen tri-5's, real SS Chevelles, GTO's, SS Monte Carlo's, full size B body's, nice two door 80's Caprice's, you name it...

Whole whole whole lotta cars...

Chris

So wait until you've got three grand. Or four. Or five. Or even dare I say it ten.

You've got two cool cars to drive. It's not like your Jay Leno buying a vintage Bugatti of which there are only three on the planet or something.

Pontiac built enough Firebirds that there will be plenty around for a very long time.

Besides, the third gen cars to own are closer to the 92 model year than the 82 model year. Sean, one of my best friends from high school, got an 84 TA brand new as a graduation gift. GM's warranty work on that car is one reason they are several billion dollars in the hole right now.

Wait until you've got money and you find JUST THE RIGHT CAR. Started wanting a 55 Chevy two door post myself in the 5th grade...finally found "just the right car" when I was 34 years old. It was worth the wait.

Trust me on this.

Even if you wait until your 23 or 25 to buy your 'bird your still doing fine.

Chris