Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: Edmunds data suggests Honda Crosstour buyers don't know what it competes against either

6 posts in this topic

Filed under: Car Buying, SUV, Wagon, Crossover, Hatchback, Honda, Design/Style

17_hondacrosstourfd_opt.jpg
2010 Honda Accord Crosstour - Click above for high-res image gallery

The 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour hasn't won too many fans amongst the automotive press, and while we're sure it fills the Accord Wagon space in Honda's lineup, the way the Crosstour has a foot both in the wagon and CUV realms still has us scratching our heads. Taking a peek at what's being cross-shopped against Honda's latest offering proves potential customers are in the same boat.

Fitting every car into a neat categorical box is a fool's errand, but the Crosstour is apparently making everyone wonder just where it belongs. According to early Edmunds' data, buyers seem to think the Crosstour competes most closely with the Toyota Venza, with ToMoCo's wagon-on-stilts being cross-shopping against the Crosstour more than any other vehicle. Other Honda models are also heavily considered against the Crosstour, according to Edmunds Auto Observer, as are a panoply of other cars. Luxury rides like the Audi A4 and BMW 3 Series wind up in the comparison column, as do more traditional crossovers like the Chevrolet Equinox and Toyota RAV-4.

While the Crosstour has been called lots of unflattering things, it's clear that figuring out whether it's neatly described as fish or fowl is more of a thorny chestnut. That said, none of this is exactly important if the car is generating showroom traffic and moving units.

[source: Edmunds Auto Observer]

Edmunds data suggests Honda Crosstour buyers don't know what it competes against either originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=2OdI8_QpFaY:p3VOg7UhfSA:wF9xT autoblog?i=2OdI8_QpFaY:p3VOg7UhfSA:V_sGL
2OdI8_QpFaY

View the full article

I wasn't sure Honda buyers had an original thought anyway...beyond which copy of Consumer's Reports to read at the doctor's office while waiting to have the hemmoroids burned off their sagging asses.....sorry, mom - hope you like your CR-V!

I can't find any redeeming or desirable design quality on this thing... it's ugly at any angle.

It's kind of a shame, as Honda has some really bright talented people working for them.

How the hell they can build this turd is beyond me!

Chris

Positive comments first! (I'm turning a new leaf, okay?) - The profile is quite attractive, as is the interior when compared to the likes of what they've put in the Acura lineup. I actually prefer the Honda much more instead!

Negative comments: There's nothing funny to come up with regarding the front and rear styling. It's right up there on the ugly scale with what they did with the entire Acura lineup. I can't look at that grille for very much longer before I realize it isn't a truck, but certainly appears to try hard to look like one!

If I don't see an automotive journalist do anything less than bitch about the rearward window visibility, I'm going to think auto writers are even more useless than the people who buy cars because they need a traveling appliance. It's like I'm looking through the rear end of a Lamborghini!

All the other negative comments that come to mind are too subjective. And before I read seigen say that everything we type about its styling is subjective, it would be wise to consider that it would be extremely difficult to admit that this thing is even remotely 'pretty'.

Edited by ShadowDog