Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

Statement Nick Reilly after talks in Brussels

1 post in this topic

Brussels / Rüsselsheim. I want to thank Vice President Guenter Verheugen's initiative to organize this important and fruitful meeting as well as his invitation to me to participate. Our discussion was very open and fair, and I am confident that we will be able to quickly bring our talks with governments, union leaders, employees and other stakeholders to a close so that we can finalize the funding structure and move forward with the necessary restructuring.

During the meeting, I went through the rationale of why GM has decided to retain Opel/Vauxhall and why we think this decision is the best solution for all involved parties. We do have a plan, and we are convinced that this plan is the right concept for Opel/Vauxhall's future. The implementation of the plan will be based on economic criteria and not be impacted by any government’s decision to what extent they support the plan.

It goes without saying that everything we do is transparent and fully complies with EU rules. Under this premise, today's meeting has been very successful and will help keep up a high level of coordination between all involved parties.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0