Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
regfootball

2011 Ford Mustang V6

17 posts in this topic

read that 'elsewhere'...will try to find more links later. in any case, i think the v6 pony wars are getting very hot!

Ohhh... very nice! Please post more when you can. Can you link us to the photos?

I've never been much of a Ford fan aside from some select models and some Lincolns, but recently Ford has been making me a believer. First with the new Taurus which I think is a great car and now the refreshed Mustang. I'm not much a Mustang fan because I've always tended to go towards the more unpopular cars but these new Mustangs are not only great looking outside, they have very well done tasteful interiors and proven reliability now. Ford is on it's way to a being a great car company once again if these recent models are any indication. Keep up the good work Ford :yes:

oh noes! the camaro is outdone!

very nice, good going ford! kinda makes me wish i still had my stock in them.

Must GT is much lighter than Camaro SS. I wonder how much lighter the v6 Mustang will be than the Camaro v6. I am forecasting mid 5's for the mustang.

Its forcasted at mid 5's to 60 and mid to high 13s for the quarter. I am thinking of getting one next year to replace my 2005 GT. Should be almost as fast, better fuel eco, have the great new interior etc. If I could get it for payments around 350 with 5k down over 60 months I'm deffinetly going to think about getting a Premium v6 with perf package and in another few years get a GT500 or something as my toy.

Balls in Chevy's court. What are they going to come out with to make up the difference? Power is pretty much the same but the Maro is chubby, it's v6 has about 250-300 lbs on the stang.

While I like the black/saddle leather colour scheme, it does not lend itself to show the styling tweaks. All the rest of the photos are of mechanical improvements, which, of course, are the bulk of the changes/improvements.

The power gain is really welcome, and that V6 looks like it'd be a blast. Still, speed isn't everything, and while this new engine would make me take a closer look at the Mustang, I think the Camaro easily outdoes it in the style/sexiness department.

As long as the steering feel isn't messed up, I'm happy. I prefer the 2010 Mustang to the 2010 Camaro, and now I can say the same for the V6 version.

Its power-to-weight ratio isn't far off from cars like the 370Z and 135i.

Very impressive by Ford, to get 305 hp and 30 mpg is pretty much unmatched. Most 300 hp V6s get 26-27 mpg. Now if only Ford can replace the solid rear axle. The Mustang is under 3500 lbs, it has a big weight advantage over the Camaro, so it should be faster.

i still would prob lean to the camaro, mainly due on styling.

i wish the camaro had a decent interior. the mustang is probably more fun to own and drive on a daily basis. there's just not much sex appeal to its exterior skin.

i still would prob lean to the camaro, mainly due on styling.

i wish the camaro had a decent interior. the mustang is probably more fun to own and drive on a daily basis. there's just not much sex appeal to its exterior skin.

It's funny you say that because I actually prefer the 2010+ Mustang styling to the new Camaro. And that is coming from a 3 time Camaro owner. As a matter of fact, if I was going on styling alone, I'd take BOTH the Challenger and the Mustang before the Camaro. With the new powertrains (assuming the new V8 is officially announced soon), it makes the Mustang a no brainer choice for me. When I finally sell my Camaro, it is likely to get replaced with a Mustang. I'm thinking V6 so I'll be much less likely to be tempted to spend money modding the car. I'm getting tired of throwing money away modding my cars but I have no will power to stop! Maybe a V6 will fix that. :lol:

Edited by 2QuickZ's

It's funny you say that because I actually prefer the 2010+ Mustang styling to the new Camaro. And that is coming from a 3 time Camaro owner. As a matter of fact, if I was going on styling alone, I'd take BOTH the Challenger and the Mustang before the Camaro. With the new powertrains (assuming the new V8 is officially announced soon), it makes the Mustang a no brainer choice for me. When I finally sell my Camaro, it is likely to get replaced with a Mustang. I'm thinking V6 so I'll be much less likely to be tempted to spend money modding the car. I'm getting tired of throwing money away modding my cars but I have no will power to stop! Maybe a V6 will fix that. :lol:

I like all 3...but, I'd probably ultimately choose the Mustang as it has a usable trunk, I can actually see out of it, and the interior is the nicest, IMHO, in terms of design, materials, ergonomics, and tech options.

I love the exterior design of the Camaro and the retro styling and size/heft of the Challenger, but the Mustang seems to be the most livable. I'm sure there is some bias from being a 3 time Mustang owner, but I do try and keep an open mind. I'd have to test drive all 3, obviously...alas, you can't get V8s w/ manuals from Hertz, Avis, etc.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room