Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AutoBlog: Scion unveils $18,320 xB Release Series 7.0, will debut in LA

1 post in this topic

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Hatchback, Scion

Scion xB Release Series 7.0 - Click above for high-res image gallery

As we've come to expect, Toyota will roll out a special edition Scion model at the upcoming LA Auto Show. As has typically been the case with these special editions, the xB Release Series 7.0 will sport a standard body kit and an unmistakable color palette inside and out.

For numero 007, Toyota has chosen a four-piece DAMD body kit that includes front and rear lower lips plus a set of side skirts. It's certainly not the best looking body kit available, but the real kicker is the color. The hue is called Murasaki, which means "purple" in Japanese. Yep, purple.

Inside, black fabric seats will be highlighted with more matching purple insets and a leather-wrapped RAZO GT Formula Spec shift knob. Suspension bits are upgraded with TRD lowering springs and a new exhaust system features a sportier sound and twin center-mounted tail pipes. For what it's worth, there's an optional rear spoiler but no alloy wheels.

Those with a hankering for a Grimace-inducing-and-recalling Scion will be able to get one of the 2,000 planned models for $18,320 with a manual transmission or $19,270 with an automatic (plus a $670 shipping and handling fee) starting this month. See the high-res gallery below and hit the jump for the press release.

[source: Scion]

Continue reading Scion unveils $18,320 xB Release Series 7.0, will debut in LA

Scion unveils $18,320 xB Release Series 7.0, will debut in LA originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

autoblog?i=XTh-8i7bhEQ:-B3Lg3_E13k:wF9xT autoblog?i=XTh-8i7bhEQ:-B3Lg3_E13k:V_sGL

View the full article

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0