Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: LA 2009: Third-Gen 2011 Toyota Sienna is a rock star

20 posts in this topic

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Minivan/Van, Toyota, Luxury

2011siennalive---01_opt.jpg
2011 Toyota Sienna live in LA - Click above for high-res image gallery

Toyota finally took the wraps off their new 2011 Sienna minivan and we have to say, it looks pretty good in person. Although Toyota sent out some teaser shots this morning, we just got back from the official unveiling at the LA Auto Show and have a whole batch of live shots and quite a few more media pics for you to browse. We were quite shocked by the size of the crowd at this press conference, perhaps showing that even though the minivan market may be shrinking, it still meets a sizable need.

We were also a bit surprised to run into Ford's J. Mays and Mark Fields, and they reminded us that you have to stay abreast of the competition lest you die. They would neither confirm nor deny the return of the Aerostar. Besides the top-level Limited model on stage, Toyota also showed off a pre-production SE, which sits a little lower on a stiffened suspension and 19-inch alloys. It also sports a body kit, a revised grille and carbon fiber in place of wood inside.

Also make sure you check out the 2011 Sienna's trick 16-inch LCD monitor for rear seat passengers and the reclining seats with extendable footrests, two features we've never seen in this segment before.

LA 2009: Third-Gen 2011 Toyota Sienna is a rock star originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:55:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=rlbMuHEpe3Y:wjTq_Olmd94:wF9xT autoblog?i=rlbMuHEpe3Y:wjTq_Olmd94:V_sGL
rlbMuHEpe3Y

View the full article

Good thing they have those bricks there in front of the tires. Wouldn't want it to unintentionally accelerate off the stage.

ugh! the interior is awful and the sides look like they were trying to emulate the Kia van!

the time is ripe for ford or GM to get back into this segment with something stylish and meaningful.

It's better looking than the current one, but that's not a very high hurdle to jump over.

The plood is utterly horrible.

No minivan deserves to be compared to a rock star. Definitely not this one.

Good thing they have those bricks there in front of the tires. Wouldn't want it to unintentionally accelerate off the stage.

LMFAO!!!!

Quote of the year!

Rock Star?

I know, right?

Looks like Toyota paid a few people...

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

And they are going to badge job this? Did they learn nothing from the late 70s and 80s?

They same reason they want a hybrid that looks like a Corolla? Which I guess they don't want to stray too far from the Toyota blandess they feel safe with. :P

Camry headlights, Venza-ish taillights, and a whole lot of ugly to fill the space between...

Yikes! This thing makes me think that the Chrysler minivan twins' design looks good (in comparison) and I really don't care for the design of the Chrysler twins. If I had to pick a minivan (and that would be a "forced" decision that I luckily don't have to make), I would go for the VW Routan (which I think is the "looker" of the segment, if the segment has such a thing as a "looker"). Somehow, the boxy Chrysler design was smoothed out and taken to a higher level in its transition to a VW product. This Toyota "thing" is just simply unfortunate looking.

I agree with FUTURE_OF_GM: This definitely qualifies as "Quote Of The Year". LOL indeed!

I guess I'm in the minority here... but I think this is brilliant. I'm no Toyota fan, and I've always preferred the Odyssey, but this is like the ultimate family luxo mobile. Check out the reclining second row lounge chairs! And as far as styling goes, this is the best looking minivan inside and out. For me, it's the biggest surprise of LAIAS.

I guess I'm in the minority here... but I think this is brilliant. I'm no Toyota fan, and I've always preferred the Odyssey, but this is like the ultimate family luxo mobile. Check out the reclining second row lounge chairs! And as far as styling goes, this is the best looking minivan inside and out. For me, it's the biggest surprise of LAIAS.

If you think that is amazing, you can come back later and watch me tie my shoes.

Reclining seats are nice, but alot less handy than Sto n Go and less cool than Swivel n Go. Plus, how much extra do you think they'll charge for those?

If you think that is amazing, you can come back later and watch me tie my shoes.

ha ha...awesome

Front end vaguely reminds me of a Freightliner M2-106.

I think the SE version looks pretty good. There was talk earlier of a possible hybrid version, but haven't heard anything lately about it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0