Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

AutoBlog: LA 2009: Mini owns its inner Bulldog

8 posts in this topic

Filed under: LA Auto Show, Performance, Marketing/Advertising, Hatchback, Mini, Humor, Specialty

badmini---00.jpg
Leashed Mini Cooper S Clubman - Click above for high-res image gallery

Mini may be many things, but stuffy they're not. When your business consists of selling tiny hatchbacks with sports car handling at a near luxury price, you really can't take yourself too seriously all the time. Mini ad campaigns have capitalized on that cheeky spirit to great effect. While at the LA Auto Show this week, we were treated to a preview of some of the newest commercials that will be getting airtime soon. Rest assured, the attitude is still there in abundance.

A good example of that spirited personality is the car you see here. Playing on the old Mini's Bulldog alter ego, the automaker has chosen to put this new Cooper S Clubman on a leash...with a spiked collar. Seriously. And they even went step further with some funny warnings painted into the danger hash marks on the floor around it. We can't think of many other car companies that could pull this off, but on a Mini, that collar actually looks amusingly good. We've got more high-res pics in the gallery that can be unleashed by clicking below.

LA 2009: Mini owns its inner Bulldog originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 03 Dec 2009 11:39:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=Tm-suOWZaok:STsmkS0PYhw:wF9xT autoblog?i=Tm-suOWZaok:STsmkS0PYhw:V_sGL
Tm-suOWZaok

View the full article

Considering that the S is faster than the 78 Trans Am was new...I'd say the S has a little bit O bite.

Actually the JCW S is IIRC faster than most of the birds pre LT-1/LS-1 Era.

And yes, balthazar I said most. Not saying that an S would beat a 74 SD 455 Formula in a drag race...

Chris

Pretty much the gayest vehicle I've seen this week. Spiked, leather collar? A leash? Too kinky.

Bull Dog Cooper S Mini. Everything now fits. First car manufacturer to address people with that orientation.

Some days I wish I really was attracted to men....Miata's, Golf GTI's, Coopers...by my vehicle choice I shouldn't like females.

But I've been really attracted to them for the longest time....(females, that is)

Chris

Pretty much the gayest vehicle I've seen this week. Spiked, leather collar? A leash? Too kinky.

By the way, there is a sequel to this car. The MINI Cooper S "leather Thong" edition..."coming" soon to a dealer near you!

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room