Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM's Reilly gets permanent role as Opel chief

1 post in this topic

GM's Reilly gets permanent role as Opel chief

PAUL MCVEIGH

AUTOMOTIVE NEWS EUROPE

DECEMBER 4, 2009 16:02 CET

MUNICH -- General Motors Co. today named Nick Reilly as president of its European operations. Reilly will leave as head of GM's international operations, the automaker said.

Reilly, 59, has been leading GM's restructuring of its Opel/Vauxhall operations since former GM Europe President Carl-Peter Forster quit last month

GM said Reilly's interim assignment in Europe will now become permanent.

“I'm extremely pleased to be able to lead Opel and Vauxhall through the current difficult times and into a sustainable future,” Reilly said in a statement. “As a European, I'm totally committed to Opel/Vauxhall's future success. There are a lot of challenges ahead, and it won't be an easy ride, but I'm convinced that all ingredients are there to make it work.”

Reilly, a Welshman, is a veteran GM executive and a former managing director of Vauxhall. He joined GM in 1975 with the former Detroit Diesel Allison Division in the UK.

Tim Lee will take over Reilly's role as president of GM's international operations, overseeing GM's Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East operations. Lee was most recently GM vice president for manufacturing and labor relations.

Reilly returns to Europe after eight years in Asia where he took on the restructuring of the former GM Daewoo business.

He has had several leadership positions in Belgium, the U.S., Mexico, and in Switzerland where he was GM Europe's vice president of quality and reliability.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0