Might have to

Camino LS6

I would go for this one, except that I seem to remember a major taboo from both GM and the plow manufacturers about installing a plow on crew cabs in these years.

?? What difference would the cab make on having a plow (since the plow is at the front)?

?? What difference would the cab make on having a plow (since the plow is at the front)?

I think it was an issue of stress on the frame due to the long wheelbase. As I recall, the plow installers were refusing to install on these trucks. GM wouldn't build them with the plow-prep package.

I'd have to look into it again to be sure.

It is tempting because it is a sharp-looking little truck and already has a plow. But, I'd be itching to get out of it from day one.

I'd feel hamstrung in any compact pickup.

The Dakotas are more of a midsize, though...a lot bigger than a Ranger, S-10, Colorado, etc.

It is tempting because it is a sharp-looking little truck and already has a plow. But, I'd be itching to get out of it from day one.

I'd feel hamstrung in any compact pickup.

Actually I worked through college for a landscaper, and being in Muncie, Indiana we plowed a lot of snow in the winter. We had a CJ-7 that was great for smaller stuff, and 4WD fullsize fords and chevy's for larger stuff.

The cab on those isn't a bad size...I'm a good sized guy and I'm comfortable in them.

The Dakota + a larger truck would be a nice plow combo, I think. Would be perfect (the Dakota) for something like the smaller lot of a drug store or small church or something.

Just my two cents.

Chris

Speaking of offbeat plow trucks, for at least 2-3 winters, one of the guys that plowed my condo complex in Denver had a flat black '62 Dodge 4x4 stepside truck...was pretty shocking to look out and see a 45 yr old truck plowing the streets.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Actually I worked through college for a landscaper, and being in Muncie, Indiana we plowed a lot of snow in the winter. We had a CJ-7 that was great for smaller stuff, and 4WD fullsize fords and chevy's for larger stuff.

The cab on those isn't a bad size...I'm a good sized guy and I'm comfortable in them.

The Dakota + a larger truck would be a nice plow combo, I think. Would be perfect (the Dakota) for something like the smaller lot of a drug store or small church or something.

Just my two cents.

Chris

Perfectly logical, but I have other tasks for a pickup that would be beyond the Dakota. If I were to keep the Mothertruck, all sorts of options for the plow vehicle would be workable.

I'd prefer to get into a nice 3/4 ton and send the Mothertruck on its merry way. Also, whatever I get will have to do daily driver duties for a while as well.

Thanks for the good wishes Ocn, but I quit doing it commercially. I'm just doing the plowing that I'm obligated to do at this point.

I may freelance a bit this winter if I get a chance, but I'm all done with doing a regular plow route.

I'll be spending quality time with the race cars again until Spring.

Thanks for the good wishes Ocn, but I quit doing it commercially. I'm just doing the plowing that I'm obligated to do at this point.

I may freelance a bit this winter if I get a chance, but I'm all done with doing a regular plow route.

wouldn't it help out a lot money wise?

...and your life sucks exactly...how? The Lotus 7 and Healy are two of my all time favorite cars.

In this regard, I willbe just all to HAPPY to watch you suffer.

Chris

Way too expensive for what it is, but this would make a great little plow beast.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/1497952795.html

If I were you, I would be all over that Jeep like flies on cow$h!. Do you realize how much fun Zora and Arkus would have riding in that beast with the top off in the summer time?

Dude...Jeep...6 cyl...manual....nice plow. I'd offer them 5K for the truck and never look back. Looks like a NICE little truck.

Hell....that's tempting even for me!

Chris

It might, but I'm trying to move on.

Put it this way, if it makes sense I'll do it.

Positioning my friend, positioning. Get yourself in the position to move on with some cash and....

Good luck, seriously. You've got a Miata lovin' GM fan in Ohio pulling for you!

Chris

If I were you, I would be all over that Jeep like flies on cow$h!. Do you realize how much fun Zora and Arkus would have riding in that beast with the top off in the summer time?

Dude...Jeep...6 cyl...manual....nice plow. I'd offer them 5K for the truck and never look back. Looks like a NICE little truck.

Hell....that's tempting even for me!

Chris

I may have found something even better (if it's for real, that is). :AH-HA:

:lol:

Tomorrow I'll be messing with an E-Type... :neenerneener:

If I had the $, I would by you a new Silverado just to be able to lend a helping hand on the E type.

Damn...an E type...you know well my love for THAT car!

Chris

if they offer to ship it to you..... it's not real

Camino loves banks from what I hear. Hence he just wired the money for that "local" truck to Nigeria...

The guy on the phone seemed soooo honest....

Chris

Camino I found this... I know it is not close but that seems like a darn good price for this thing, and yes it is a GMT-800! Just a slightly different kind of one, and yes I know it is not close to you, but miles are low and it looks to be in great shape. Plow

And then there is this puppy with only 66K on the clock... Plow 2

Edited by gm4life