Brangeta

extensive Camaro Concept revisions and Kappa Idea

13 posts in this topic

Brangeta    0

Posted Image

-revised things to be closer to production size, including the blinkers, side mirror, wheels, and headlights

-extended the front end 3 to 4 inches longer than stock

-decreased the front bumper's height by chopping a portion out of the middle

-decreased the height of the side running board (whatchamacallit) and rear bumper

-got rid of the silly vents

-improved the grill and increased its size

-added a nice spoiler

-made the headlights appear to be xenon bulbs rather than LED bulbs

-lowered the car to a more 3rd gen height

-changed the door "swoop" to look more sexy rather than the way it looked "cadillacky"

-black windshield wipers because body colored ones would never make it into production

-other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head

Posted Image

I think it would fit...

Posted Image

Here's my design for a Kappa based sports car (that doesn't look like a Miata and makes the 4th gen F-body fans happy). I couldn't think of a good name (one that doesn't coorespond to something else ex: cougar is both a car AND an animal, so the name sucks; Corvette is pretty distinctive, it means something else I think, but it dominates the name/term so that's good.)

Since my name is made up, I thought it would work.

I would say this baby would of course be a 2 seater on the Kappa chassis, coupe only, turbo or super charged V6 from the Grand Prix, and would definitely NOT have huge 18 inch wheels. Rough ride? Hard to get into? Who cares! This would be Chevy's Lotus Elise . Lightweight, distinctive styling, low volume, $25,000, 260 hp. Sounds like a dream to me :D.

ocnblu    774
The changes you made to the Camaro don't improve it, imo. They only serve to dilute the message.

Brangeta    0

Really? A lot of people told me they liked how it looked. Someone even said it took the best parts of the Ferrari from Miami Vice and the best parts of a '63 Corvette and combined them into one. To me, it just looks a hell of a lot cooler than anything else I've seen on the Kappa chassis.

NOS2006    11

I don't know how else to put this... (opinion on the Camaro chop)

The original looks like Mufasa; the chop looks like Scar. Both of them are intimidating, but Mufasa is much more toned and masculine whereas Scar is a bit more scrawny and "slithery."

Brangeta    0

You'd be surprised how long it takes to photoshop something to the point that you can't tell what has been changed. Maybe you should learn to do it? :P

Don't like the belt line... How the line goes all the way across to the back. I think it should separate like the concept.

That's a good point. It might not look good from a direct side shot. However, in my opinion, the original concept's belt line looks really bad from the angle of that pic.

I don't know how else to put this... (opinion on the Camaro chop)

The original looks like Mufasa; the chop looks like Scar. Both of them are intimidating, but Mufasa is much more toned and masculine whereas Scar is a bit more scrawny and "slithery."

True. I'm not a fan of how tall the concept is, and I kind of DON'T like how 'scrawny' I made my version. I think the happy medium for me would be all of my edits BUT only half as 'scrawny.'

Edited by Brangeta

Cory Wolfe    263

The only thing that I hate is what you did to the beltline. It doesn't make it look sexy. More like ugly. It doesn't fit the design at all. Otherwise, everything else you did looks to be standard fair for a production version.

The changes you made to the Camaro don't improve it, imo.  They only serve to dilute the message.

Hold up... what's your opinion of the G6 again? :huh: I think I see unfair standards. You complain about this, most of which will probably occur on the transformation to production, yet you can't admit that the G6 is bland? What are you on, Ocn? Seriously. No offense, but unless you're intentionally trying to get on my nerves about the G6, you have to be on something to be so delusional. Otherwise, I don't understand at all. I'm confizzled. :blink: Edited by blackviper8891

balthazar    2,004

I'm with ocnblu- I don't feel it was neccessarily improved. I think the omitted details are a fitting for a top-shelf version and they looked good. But mainly the horizontal sectioning of the car makes it visually more 'squashed'... and not as appealing.

lakefire    0

I liked all yoru changes but the spoiler. I'm glad you got rid of those goofy vents as I felt the didn't fit with the car either.

One thing I would like to see is a more production style rear view mirror. (i know you made it bigger, but I think it would need to be even bigger htan that). That's all I have to say.

Brangeta    0

Hmm, you're right, it probably does need to be a bit bigger. If I have time sometime this week, I will make a new topic with a less squished version. I may not though, I don't want to spend an hour or 2 replacing missing pixels particularly...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.