Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Anyone here has dreams about cars?

11 posts in this topic

I dreamed the other I was driving a blue or black 1974-1976 Oldsmobile Toronado in my hometown. I have a Toronado, and eventhough I liked the past Toronados, I would not own one as I do not have a place for the car. I do not go to my hometown for anything.

I had another recent dream I owned two Holdens along with my Oldsmobiles. I had a Holden Caprice and Calais. The interesting thing was I remember the Holden emblem on the trunk. The other odd thing in the dream one of the Holdens had the Cadillac CTS front end styling.

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

I generally don't dream.

And when I do, its gloom and gray, almost like a non-visual dream... so few mental images come to mind.

However, dacades ago, I did have a very vivid in which I was riding shotgun in a fog in the family's '77 Chevy van. I don't remember why we were driving fast, but we were passing people and gaps in oncoming traffic were getting smaller and smaller, until finally someone came out of nowhere and we hit them head-on, stopping the dream and waking me out of a dead sleep.

Not that all my dreams are negative. I have a happy-ish ones as well. I generally don't tell people about them, as I don't want to be psychoanalyzed through my retelling. ;-)

I usually don't remember dreams, but when they do involve cars, I seem to be on winding, hilly backroads somewhere with colorful leaves and a lot of greenery. Usually in a Mustang of some vintage. Or in a gritty city on a gray day driving a black or dark gray Crown Vic w/ tinted windows and black wheels.

Every three months or so I dream of the Olds Cutlass I ahd when I was in college. It will be a really vivid dream, where the car is somehow still part of my current life.

Usually I wake up really sad realizing that the Cutty met its end in an Ohio salvage yard 23 years ago.

But damn...I miss that car!

Chris

I rarely have dreams anymore. I can't even remember the last time I had a dream, although I used to have them all the time when I was a kid up through high school. I'm sure it has something to do with me not getting more than 6-7 hours of sleep in a night usually.

I do remember having a series of dreams last summer that happened over a 3 week period. It was even more odd that the storyline progressed each time, even though the dreams only happened once every 4-6 days.

Usually I don't have dreams... when I do, they're pretty weird. I recall having some pretty trippy ones when I had the flu and a high fever.

My dream world is real torturous. Most people dream about people & places they kno- I NEVER do. If I wasn't so well grounded, I might be in regular therapy because of it.

2 recallable dream cars: supposedly a 'Charger', but it was an immensely long silver fastback coupe with a waterfall front fascia and a 'grille' of hundreds of drilled holes, and the rear had a hatchback with large curious rubber bellows that facillitated the lifting.

More recently, I dreamt of a car that was akin to a pink '58-60 Plymouth hardtop, but all the details were unique, it had monsterous applications of aluminum trim/paneling on the side, and all 4 wheels were fully skirted with large chrome emblems on the skirts with light-up glassed lenses in the center of each.

Wierd stuff.

balthazar...I think a good psychologist would have a "field day" looking at the sexual undertones of your dreams.

Your wife must live a rather interesting life after the children are in bed....

Wonder what the significance of the bellows thing on the back of the Charger is?

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

2 recallable dream cars: supposedly a 'Charger', but it was an immensely long silver fastback coupe with a waterfall front fascia and a 'grille' of hundreds of drilled holes, and the rear had a hatchback with large curious rubber bellows that facillitated the lifting.

Sounds very steampunk.

66Stang :: if that's all it is, I'm immensely relieved. Nothing's explained you understand, but if I can link it to ANYTHING, I'll feel better. No comment on the nocturnal activities. ;)

SAmadei :: It was pretty streamlined, as opposed to the normal busyness of steampunk stuff, but the bellows fit; yeah.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0