First Z06 numbers from mags!

Northstar

I found this at C&D forums. From MT (Oct. issue): 0 – 60 MPH: 3.5 sec Quarter Mile: 11.5 sec @ 127 MPH Braking, 60 – 0 MPH: 104 Feet Lateral Acceleration: 1.05 G From C&D (Oct. 2005): 0-60 in 3.6 sec. 0-100 in 7.9 sec. 0-150 in 17 sec. Skidpad = 0.98g ¼ mile: 11.7 sec @ 125 MPH Motor Trend: (June 2005) “Ford GT vs. Ferrari F430” 0-60: Ford GT: 3.6 Ferrari F430: 3.8 1/4 mile: Ford GT: [email protected] Ferrari F430: [email protected] Motor Trend: (June 2003) “Dodge Viper SRT-10” 0-60: 3.9 1/4 Mile: 11.8 @ 123.6 Road & Track: MB McLaren SLR 0-60: 3.5 sec 1/4 [email protected] sec @126.1 0-100: 7.5 sec Here are some comparison numbers between the Z06, Viper, and GT: Z06 0-100 in 7.9 GT 0-100 in 8.6 Viper 0-100 in 9.6 Z06 0-150 in 17 GT 0-150 in 19.5 Viper 0-150 in 24.1 Here is a little blurb from MT: "The most entertaining part of the Nurburgring F1 track is the high-speed kink called Hatzenbach Bogen. While F1 cars car routinely see 180 mph and 2g lateral loads, the Z06 - without the aid of thousands of pounds of downforce - managed a respectable 120 mph while delivering a 1.0g force, sustained for a second and a half. It's that combination of unflappable grip and seemingly endless grunt the Z06 manages so well. Nothing seems too great a task, and only your instinct for self-perservation gets in the way of attempting the impossible." The Z06 some AMAZING! Bravo Chevy! :metal: :bowdown: :bowdown: :chevy:

And these numbers are on those crappy runflats too! Just imagine with some potenzas or pilots or p-zeros or F1's on it! This car is truly the best sports car money can buy...I am almost afraid to see how crazy the blue devil will be...

ok this came up on another forum From what I have heard those run flats the Z06 use aren't very good...though I could be wrong...I am just going based on what I have read/heard...I would think tires such as potenza's, p-zero's, pilot sports, or some eagle F1's would perform better than runflats... Upon further research of the performance of run-flats, I am still not sure which is better, for the most part I have been gathering non-run-flats will perform better than run-flats, but I am also gathering the goodyear run-flats aren't the best performing run-flats around and michelin is probably the way to go...I really don't know anymore...I know the performance of regular tires, not necessarily run flats so I can only go by what I have heard and read...I would like to find the original place where I read the run-flats weren't that great of tires though...I have read similar situations on a couple different vette forums...I'm sure I can find something...I don't think GM chooses their tires wisely...there was the issue with the wheel hop on the CTS-V a while back...the easiest fix for that was to get different tires which eliminated that from my understanding...

Talk about a bitch slap to the competition! Posted Image

Posted Image

nah...the saleen S7 TT is still faster I believe...

[post="5584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The S7 is just an ugly McLaren F1 rippoff for guys wiht small D!#%$ and a fetish for fish gills.

Don;t make me post photos!

Here's a fun fact: Corvette Z06: $65,800 Dodge Viper: $85,745 Ford GT: $141,000 Ferarri F430: $174,585 Saleen S7: $377,000 Mercedes McLaren SLR: $452,750 Even if the the last two are indeed just as fast/faster, where are you going to run it? Nevada? The Z06 beats all these in practicality plus you don't stand out like a sore thumb. Oh, and another one - the Z06 gets 16/26mpg, well over the gas guzzler threshold.

Damn. Everybody and everything bow to the Z06. And kiss it.

[post="5576"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Kiss it? Hell, I'll bow down, kiss it, and then go on from there!!
:bowdown: :wub: :metal:

Who believes what any rag reports esp performance numbers.

GM had 2 Z06s at a NCM event and those Z06s were running mid 12s on average, in fact some C5s ran better times.

Having another 100 HP over a C5 Z06 does not mean much for these cars have little traction.
Many C5s with far less dollars spent for mods are running 450 HP at rearwheels so I'd say unless your have $70,000 to blew wait 2 years before buying this Z06 esp since as with any new engine if anything is wrong in engine dealer MUST yank it out and do a swap and those of us who took a bath buying a ZR-1 would never touch again the early model years again

Anyone hear the rumor that wrist pins are failing with this engine ?
if so sounds like a oil sump problem

I found this at C&D forums.

From MT (Oct. issue):
0 – 60 MPH: 3.5 sec
Quarter Mile: 11.5 sec @ 127 MPH
Braking, 60 – 0 MPH: 104 Feet
Lateral Acceleration: 1.05 G

From C&D (Oct. 2005):
0-60 in 3.6 sec.
0-100 in 7.9 sec.
0-150 in 17 sec.
Skidpad = 0.98g
¼ mile: 11.7 sec @ 125 MPH

Motor Trend: (June 2005) “Ford GT vs. Ferrari F430”
0-60:
Ford GT: 3.6
Ferrari F430: 3.8

1/4 mile:
Ford GT: [email protected]
Ferrari F430: [email protected]

Motor Trend: (June 2003) “Dodge Viper SRT-10”
0-60: 3.9
1/4 Mile: 11.8 @ 123.6

Road & Track: MB McLaren SLR
0-60: 3.5 sec
1/4 [email protected] sec @126.1
0-100: 7.5 sec

Here are some comparison numbers between the Z06, Viper, and GT:

Z06  0-100 in 7.9
GT    0-100 in 8.6
Viper 0-100 in 9.6

Z06  0-150 in 17
GT    0-150 in 19.5
Viper 0-150 in 24.1

Here is a little blurb from MT:

"The most entertaining part of the Nurburgring F1 track is the high-speed kink called Hatzenbach Bogen.  While F1 cars car routinely see 180 mph and 2g lateral loads, the Z06 - without the aid of thousands of pounds of downforce - managed a respectable 120 mph while delivering a 1.0g force, sustained for a second and a half.  It's that combination of unflappable grip and seemingly endless grunt the Z06 manages so well.  Nothing seems too great a task, and only your instinct for self-perservation gets in the way of attempting the impossible." 

The Z06 some AMAZING! Bravo Chevy!

:metal:  :bowdown:  :bowdown:  :chevy:

[post="5486"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Who believes what any rag reports esp performance numbers.

GM had 2 Z06s at a NCM event and those Z06s were running mid 12s on average, in fact some C5s ran better times.

[post="6139"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe they had shitty drivers, because the C6 non-Z06 runs pretty close to mid 12s.

These are amazing numbers indeed (and almost exactly what I had been predicting for some time now). For those that understand the performance machine this is, I mean 1.05 g, that's as good as a freakin Lotus Elise, it will be well worth the money spent over the already powerful performance Vettes of before. As for the run-flats, yes this car would run even better on non run-flats, as there are still some sacrifices to be made in the sidewalls versus non run-flats. I don't know why somebody spending $70k wouldn't just have a membership to the auto club anyways? Just get them to change your tire or tow it.

After getting all giddy when reading these numbers, I just received my R&T mag today that had quit a difference in performance numbers for the Z06.... 0-60 in 4.2 1/4 mile in 12.3 at 116.6 mph .98g skidpad 0-100 9.0 sec. 113ft 60-0 Those numbers are off considerably from the numbers noted in this post. Were those numbers for sure the consumer Z06? I don't have my MT mag yet so I can't compare but a .8 sec difference in the 1/4 miles is Huge!!!

• 3 weeks later...

And these numbers are on those crappy runflats too! Just imagine with some potenzas or pilots or p-zeros or F1's on it! This car is truly the best sports car money can buy...I am almost afraid to see how crazy the blue devil will be...

[post="5616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not sure if the runflats on the Z06 are different to those on the stock LS2 C6 (I'm sure they are, with wider arches to fill but can't be bothered to look up the numbers) but the stock car handled beautifully when I tested it at GMs media day at Circuit Ascari in Spain. As far as I am concerned, those tyres work very well indeed up to and past speeds that most drivers could ever get near to on the road. Maybe other tyres would prove slightly better, but the run flats handle fine, and leave you space in the trunk.

After getting all giddy when reading these numbers, I just received my R&T mag today that had quit a difference in performance numbers for the Z06....

0-60 in 4.2
1/4 mile in 12.3 at 116.6 mph
.98g skidpad
0-100 9.0 sec.
113ft 60-0

Those numbers are off considerably from the numbers noted in this post. Were those numbers for sure the consumer Z06? I don't have my MT mag yet so I can't compare but a .8 sec difference in the 1/4 miles is Huge!!!

[post="6875"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

wtf? that 0-60 is like base C6 territory...that's even slower than the C5 Z06...do they know how to drive at R&T?

Pushrods Kick Ass!!! Let's see you do beter Acura NSX. http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons//AH-HA_wink.gif

Posted Image

Pushrods Kick Ass!!! Let's see you do beter Acura NSX.  http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons//AH-HA_wink.gif

Posted Image

[post="15116"][/post]

Hahahahah......!!!!!!!

NO....pushrods in general don't "kick ass"......

The 6.0L and 7.0L V8 pushrod engines THEMSELVES kick ass......!

Like we've said before.....would love to see GM put the development time and money into their pushrod V6 engines...

Hahahahah......!!!!!!!

NO....pushrods in general don't "kick ass"......

The 6.0L and 7.0L V8 pushrod engines THEMSELVES kick ass......!

Like we've said before.....would love to see GM put the development time and money into their pushrod V6 engines...

[post="15442"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What about the 5.7L pushrods? Are those not noteworthy? I mean... it is only the 350 (and 346 B) ) we're talking about...

BTW, I think you might have pissed off 68 and some other people with your general disregard for pushrods.

wtf? that 0-60 is like base C6 territory...that's even slower than the C5 Z06...do they know how to drive at R&T?

[post="15059"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah I have all 3 mags. Either R/T cannot drive or they did not correct for altitude/weather or they had a real sick Z06. Imean 116mph to 125????

Either way----when you have 2 magazines and Chevrolet saying 11 sec 1/4 mile car----they are right and R/T is wrong.

The Z06 has a beter power to weight ratio then the Ford GT or that slow Viper.
Speaking of the Viper----I have only seen one test that it did 11.8----all the others are a low 12.