Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

2010 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty named Motor Trend Truck of the Year

8 posts in this topic

Filed under: Truck, Work, Dodge

2010dodgeramhdfd17_opta.jpg
2010 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty - Click above for high-res image gallery

Motor Trend magazine's 2010 Truck of the Year competition was an odd one this year. Only four models met MT's criteria of being new or substantially changed from the previous model year. Of those, only two were actual work trucks: the 2010 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty and Toyota Tundra 4.6-liter work truck. The other two contenders, the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and Transit Connect, likely won't ever do much of the work that we normally associate with trucks (hauling, towing, etc.). Perhaps that hindered their chances at winning the coveted Golden Calipers, because the truck that did win was the purest pickup of them all.

If you hadn't guessed yet, the Motor Trend 2010 Truck of the Year is the Dodge Ram Heavy Duty, which was substantially redesigned for the 2010 model year. We'll let the MT editors explain why the Ram HD was their unanimous choice, but the gist is that it arrives to market a full year ahead of substantially new versions of Ford and General Motors' heavy-duty trucks. As such, it will be the reigning HD truck in nearly every category that matters to heavy-duty pickup buyers, at least for a model year or two.

Not to take away from the Dodge's victory, but we would've chosen the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor if it were our award to give. While the Ram HD no doubt beats it in every measure as a work truck, the Raptor is extra special if for no other reason than that it shows this industry of ours still has a little spark of life left. Ford deserves credit for not only driving out on a limb with the Raptor but also handing its development over to SVT, which guaranteed the final product offer legitimate high performance.

What about you? Did Motor Trend get it right or is there a more deserving Truck of the Year? Sound off in the comments. Thanks to everyone for the tips!

[source: Motor Trend]

Continue reading 2010 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty named Motor Trend Truck of the Year

2010 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty named Motor Trend Truck of the Year originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:41:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=favEbRyfanA:534iYPVnzzo:wF9xT autoblog?i=favEbRyfanA:534iYPVnzzo:V_sGL
favEbRyfanA

View the full article

My name is Ram... remember. Ram is now a separate brand from Dodge for 2010.

It is being branded separately as Ram, but it is still considered Dodge truck I believe. I read they will all have at least one Dodge badge on them, just not as prominent as it has been in the past (and bearing a spooky resemblance to Oldsmobile of the early 2000s).

WHY NO MAHINDRA??? :AH-HA:

Congratulations to Dodge! I mean Ram! 'Tis a real truck, not an Asian facsimile.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0