Hot Mom rollin'...in her new Camaro;-)

Like the title? As disturbing as it may be to me, after momzie dearest called herself the "hottest mom in town" the night we were picking up her new Camaro, yeah, it kind of stuck. And it's sort of her thing now.

Short synopsis, from the "Sometimes...you just have to be proud;-)" thread, mom wanted power and cool looks, the Camaro came out & she started seeing them. Wanted to drive one. Delayed a but still said, "only want to drive" and finally did. Afterwards, that was that, and within a month, this past Monday I took her to PA, the perfect Camaro 2LT RS had just rolled off the truck that morning, plastic wrap and all, and by evening it was hers and the '08 Malibu 2LT she had for 23 months was headed to their used lot.

Specs:

-'10 Camaro 2LT (standard heated leather, Boston Acoustics stereo, full gauge pack on the center console, Bluetooth, dimming & heated mirrors, etc.)

-Silver Ice Metallic, Jet Black Leather Interior

-6 Speed Automatic Trans w/ Remote Start

-RS Package (20"x8" Front and 20"x9" Rear Flangeless Aluminum Wheels, Body-Color Roof Ditch Molding, HID Headlamps with Halo Ring, Rear Spoiler, RS Unique Tail Lamps (darker))

-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

-Sticker=$30,830

Enjoy. The rest at the link below.

Image00001.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Image00012.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Image00014.jpg

Image00020.jpg

Image00018.jpg

Here's the link to a full array...lots more shots than I'll link, and more to be continually updated in the main folder.

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%20Cars%20Stuff/10%20Camaro/December%2012%202009/

Edited by caddycruiser
  • Agree 1

Very sweet. 8)

I checked out a black 2LT yesterday for the hell of it. Rear visibility in these cars is quite slim. Sharp ride, though.

Not nearly as bad as I thought, but coming from a new Malibu, we were all sort of used to high sills & "different" visibility. She's had zero adjustment, really, and now has backup sensors to boot. My G8 feels like a greenhouse in comparison, but still, you adjust. Thanks;-)

Cool...what the story w/ the blue '69 Dodge Coronet in the background?

That would be my father's "project" that appeared, oh, back in August or so? I think. Two old 90's cars wasn't enough, he needed a 3rd and a project again and bought that in western PA. It's actually a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440--has incorrect '69 front fenders on it. The 4th Coronet he's owned, and the 2nd '68.

Not nearly as bad as I thought, but coming from a new Malibu, we were all sort of used to high sills & "different" visibility. She's had zero adjustment, really, and now has backup sensors to boot. My G8 feels like a greenhouse in comparison, but still, you adjust. Thanks;-)

I suppose that was mostly my problem as well, being used to more glass area. I mean, I'm used to thick c-pillars (the Firebird, the Monte, and the Regal all have thick c-pillars), but the Camaro's seems to be two miles wide. I think the deep aftermarket window tint the 2LT car I checked out had was another problem that was affecting my ability to adjust to the car's rearward visibility. Forward visibility wasn't as much of an issue, though.

It seems your mom's Camaro is spec'd out identically to the one I looked at too, except for the paint (which was black with white rally stripes).

Gee...we could get a C and G rivalry going here as to who owns the rustiest and rattyest Mopar on Cheers and Gears...your dad with the 68 or Dodgefan with the Shadow.

If I come and visit promise your dad I won't sneeze around his car...

Seriously though...That Camaro is awesome! Thanks for the pics.

Chris

Gee...we could get a C and G rivalry going here as to who owns the rustiest and rattyest Mopar on Cheers and Gears...your dad with the 68 or Dodgefan with the Shadow.

If I come and visit promise your dad I won't sneeze around his car...

Seriously though...That Camaro is awesome! Thanks for the pics.

Chris

For as long as it's been around, I still know very little about it. It's back where it sits, in project corner, and I've never touched it, looked at it up close except for once, etc. Amazing to me, it starts up and runs sounding like a newer Mopar truck...it's kind of odd given the look.

But who cares about that thing, dad aside "I have a '68 Coronet...too". Yeah, whatever, go put your foot through the floor. Mom's Camaro rocks the casbah, and my G8 runs roaring circles around them all. Still, I now want a Camaro...just to have...G8 makes my heart flutter...but you know. Just look at it. And I like the DI 3.6L juice, sound, and zoom with RWD. Cool car.

Oh, and as of today, she decided "I really like it more as is, without any stripes, actually" so clean it shall stay. Good choice :AH-HA:

Weathertech Floorliners, GM trunk mat & net, Camaro license trim ring, and a few other little things coming for it soon. If only I could figure out a way to get a surprise clear bra install done for her...experience from my G8 with and her variety of vehicles over the years, yeah, could definitely use it.

Edited by caddycruiser

Love it. That thing is great! Thanks for sharing the photos, how about a Zeta photoshoot?

Need it. Badly. I've wanted to do so many "great" shots with even just my G8 near the beach, near some sort of attraction, in the right lighting, etc. but all I can ever manage is driveway and click-click with my Canon P&S.

Do these nice vehicles get to live in a garage? Sad to think about a $30k car having to live outside under the trees... Very nice car. :)

No, sadly. They don't go near trees, despite them being in the background, but are outside 24/7. It certainly would be nice, but given the space and a few other issues, it is what it is and we try our best to keep everything detailed, sun-shaded, etc.

It does a number, but thankfully the climate and otherwise here is nice enough to help out.

I was surprised to see the backup sensors on the rear bumper. I'm not a fan of those... I think they look geeky, and I feel if you can't back up your car, you shouldn't have bought it.

Was the backup sensors an option or part of a package? This is going to limit my secondhand Camaro options, as I would want a loaded one... but I definitely don't want backup sensors (or a sunroof).

Of course, Silver isn't my thing and I'd rther see a Firebird, but it still, looks great. Your mom is very lucky.

Well I was going to put up a sarcastic post asking to move the silver car so we could see the Coronet, but Cuticle beat me to it, that darn guy. :AH-HA:

That is one beautiful Chevrolet. I hope the honeymoon lasts for years and years.

I was surprised to see the backup sensors on the rear bumper. I'm not a fan of those... I think they look geeky, and I feel if you can't back up your car, you shouldn't have bought it.

Was the backup sensors an option or part of a package? This is going to limit my secondhand Camaro options, as I would want a loaded one... but I definitely don't want backup sensors (or a sunroof).

It was actually a later in the model year run addition. All early cars from this year didn't have them, regardless of trim or options, didn't have them. Started around late August, a change by Chevy, I think to prevent more rear visibility, etc. mentions.

LS - Can't have them

1LT - Not standard, come with the optional Convenience & Connectivity package

2LT - Standard

1SS - Can't have them

2SS - Standard

We have no rear visibility issues as it is, again used to Malibu's, but they're so far a nice addition to have, irregardless. I want them on my G8, actually, but not out of necessity, just want them.

Well I was going to put up a sarcastic post asking to move the silver car so we could see the Coronet, but Cuticle beat me to it, that darn guy. :AH-HA:

That is one beautiful Chevrolet. I hope the honeymoon lasts for years and years.

Some day I'll slug through and get pictures of that thing up...my father made an album somewhere...eh... :rolleyes:

Absolutely awesome. I just wish the interior was a bit more modern. I'm on the fence about buying one when I graduate and get a job because of the interior.

I've seen the complaints, etc., and it's certainly different, but between the shapes, the materials even, the leather & trim, the door panels, and ambient lighting, it's a cool place. No, not Mustang polished inside, but a heck of a lot more visually interesting. Takes it a bit too far for some, but anything else inside a car that looks like this on the outside would also be questioned.

I like it. I'm more comfortable & at ease in my G8 interior, for sure, but wish it had at least a little of the design verve the Camaro got. They balance each other well, and are entirely different. G8 feels huge, Camaro feels big but low and tight in spots, yet still comfortable enough. Just a 2+ car and that's that.

Edited by caddycruiser

I tried to get my mom into a Camaro as well, but she doesn't like that it doesn't have a 3rd-row seat.

They're gorgeous cars, though. And that's one hell of an engine under the hood. 3.6L SIDI ftw!

My mom loves the Camaro too. Unfortunately I don't think she'll ever trade in the 03 Impala.

Hah. Well, this was the first one I've never had to push for, just been begged essentially. And though she actually loved the Malibu like she did the Avalanche she had years back and cried over when trading in for a Suburban, never said a word about it that night and I had to do all the moving over of stuff.

Actually, another funny thing from that night. Waiting and waiting for the poor guys in the back to PDI it starting at service closing time, just chatting and looking at other cars, and when it was ready to go, the salesman drove it up front & parked beside the Malibu. Swapped over the last few things, shook hands, and before I could even close the passenger's door, she had it in gear and rolling. "Whoa!" as she hadn't even adjusted her mirrors or seat yet, the seat belt still wasn't in the seat loop, but we were rolling and on the street in a town she didn't know. Never done that before. Every time she surprises me. Used to comment about friends/co-workers who traded their cars every 1.5-2 years, around about, but hasn't been able to for a while. I hope the 'Maro is as good if not better than my G8 and all of her recent GM's in the "nothing is wrong" department...the Oshawa build quality thankfully seems to continue as some of the best within GM.

Like the title? As disturbing as it may be to me, after momzie dearest called herself the "hottest mom in town" the night we were picking up her new Camaro, yeah, it kind of stuck. And it's sort of her thing now.

Short synopsis, from the "Sometimes...you just have to be proud;-)" thread, mom wanted power and cool looks, the Camaro came out & she started seeing them. Wanted to drive one. Delayed a but still said, "only want to drive" and finally did. Afterwards, that was that, and within a month, this past Monday I took her to PA, the perfect Camaro 2LT RS had just rolled off the truck that morning, plastic wrap and all, and by evening it was hers and the '08 Malibu 2LT she had for 23 months was headed to their used lot.

Simply ... AWESOME!

I've been wondering if your Mom bought one ... very glad she did! That is sssooo cool. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

:)

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

CDshowcase | Sat.Dec 19, 5p-10p.central | Thu.Dec 24, noon.central = www.WRMN1410.com

"It's the right time to rock the night away" ... Bobby Helms ... 'Jingle Bell Rock'

• 2 weeks later...

Love it! :convertible:

Do here too...now a month in. WOW, that was a quick month.

I told her to "drive it a little hard sometimes, break in properly..." and the other day when I was around I heard that SIDI 3.6L shriek, gravel flying, and VROOM down the street. Apparently she just drives like that now, caressing it like her newest baby down the road, but enjoying every minute of power.

Note to self. NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER recommend a 4-cyl anything to mom or dad again based on "peppy" and "more efficient". Thanks to the Malibu, however terrific a car it was, they'll never go for it. This thing...unpractical and all...it's the bees knees.

She was still debating stripes over the holiday too. My brother was showing her pictures of different varieties, she decided then that she liked the "hockey stick" one down the side and asked him "can you get that painted for me?" because he's a collision tech. I had to step in and "WHOA...wait a minute..." because you can't turn that back, said there are GM OEM decals if she really wanted it, even just to see. The result?

"Then again...I just really like it all silver, the way it is..."... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

She's still a few miles under 1k, but...damaged it today.

And in a way she's NEVER done with any car before. Out shopping with my father, and decided to swing into a space next to a curb "mad at your father, he was driving me crazy" (of course, hah) and SCRAPE. Nice, big long scrape along the edge of the driver's front polished wheel and then a small one after it "because it scraped going in and then I had to reverse away".

Doesn't look bad and only on the edge, so I'm determined to fix it for her. I did the same to the SAME wheel on my G8 at 1500 miles, but just replaced the wheel because it was so cheap.

I've never heard her so distraught about such a thing. Usually mad, but not "I feel sick..." to go with it. Ah, jeez. Lesson from me, AGAIN? Do NOT park or go near curbs, period. You can't see out of this car, you have huge polished wheels that stick out, etc., etc. and again, you can't SEE out of this car well enough to judge. Gotta be nice to her. She's in mourning and not looking at the car the same, heh.

Otherwise, ALL good nearing 1k...sheesh, she doesn't put any miles on like I do...