Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Detroit Preview: MINI Beachcomber concept

7 posts in this topic

Filed under: Concept Cars, Crossover, Mini, Off-Road

p90054827_highres-copy.jpg
MINI Beachcomber concept - click above for high res image gallery

We still have few more months to wait before the production version of the new MINI Crossover arrives, but the folks in Oxford will be dropping a new concept in Detroit next month to tide us over. Think of the MINI Beachcomber as the melding of one of Alec Issigonis' progeny with a Jeep Wrangler. The Beachcomber is based on the brand's new CUV, but gets an open-top/open-sides look reminiscent of the American off-road icon.

Unlike the mid-sixties Mini Moke, this one retains the main structure of the upcoming crossover, but is unlikely to ever see production. The new all-wheel drive system in the concept and the turbocharged four cylinder are both expected to appear in the production Crossover, although the 4,000-word press release somehow manages to avoid giving any actual technical details. Like a Wrangler, the Beachcomber can accommodate either solid roof inserts or a soft top. Hopefully we'll get more details in Detroit, but before then check out the release after the jump.

[source: MINI]

Continue reading Detroit Preview: MINI Beachcomber concept

Detroit Preview: MINI Beachcomber concept originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:25:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=vqJZJ0WGli4:Ek0oaJWgC44:wF9xT autoblog?i=vqJZJ0WGli4:Ek0oaJWgC44:V_sGL
vqJZJ0WGli4

View the full article

Hey look! It's a concept-ized Crossman!

Edited by ZL-1

Hey look! It's a concept-ized Crossman!

This one would be perfect for you by the side of your Mini-D to take you to Portimao for the weekend. :)

This one would be perfect for you by the side of your Mini-D to take you to Portimao for the weekend. :)

:)

Only thing missing there is the mention of a hot girl, but there are plenty of those in the Algarve :lol:

Well there is a precedent for something like this, the old Mini Moke, which was a doorless, softtop version of the old-skool Mini. I see no harm in it, in fact, I think it's kinda cool. Love the knobby tires. The production crossover, I hope, is as butch as this, but I fear the price since the regular Mini Cooper S can go up to $30k, + or -.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0