Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Ford shows retouched Galaxy, S-Max with EcoBoost power ahead of Brussels Motor Show debut

8 posts in this topic

Filed under: Crossover, Hatchback, Ford, Misc. Auto Shows

ford_galaxy_bruss.jpg
2010 Ford Galaxy and S-Max -- Click above for high-res image gallery

ford_s-max_bruss.jpgThe next generation models of Ford of Europe's popular Galaxy and S-Max people movers are about to make their introductions at the Brussels Motor Show. Both have been given modest exterior revamps, new technologies like Ford's Blind Spot Information System and so on. Most importantly, though, these are the first Fords to receive EcoBoost four-cylinder engines.

The S-Max wears a redesigned hood and front fascia with LED running lights, while its rear end gets a new tailgate and LED taillights. The Galaxy is likewise fitted with the new family look, with a bolder lower, new fog lights, and LEDs in the rear.

Both cars have updated interiors and new materials. Under their hoods, the 2.0-liter EcoBoost SCTi tops out at 200 horsepower and 221 pound-feet of torque (the latter of which is available from just 1,750 rpm). For all the info on two more of Ford's Please-Come-to-America-Offerings, have a look at the press release after the jump and check out the high-res galleries below.

Gallery: 2010 Ford Galaxy

01_ford_galaxy_bruss_thumbnail.jpg02_ford_galaxy_bruss_thumbnail.jpg

Gallery: 2010 Ford S-Max

01_ford_s-max_bruss_thumbnail.jpg02_ford_s-max_bruss_thumbnail.jpg03_ford_s-max_bruss_thumbnail.jpg04_ford_s-max_bruss_thumbnail.jpg05_ford_s-max_bruss_thumbnail.jpg

[source: Ford]

Continue reading Ford shows retouched Galaxy, S-Max with EcoBoost power ahead of Brussels Motor Show debut

Ford shows retouched Galaxy, S-Max with EcoBoost power ahead of Brussels Motor Show debut originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=0y10nTuMP6Y:utZUpNgA_54:wF9xT autoblog?i=0y10nTuMP6Y:utZUpNgA_54:V_sGL
0y10nTuMP6Y

View the full article

As evidenced by most other manufacturers, it is difficult to make an attractive people mover. Ford has succeeded with these two.

I think these would do relatively well if Ford were to bring them over. They won't sell 100k of them a year, but they'll sell a bunch.

I think these would do relatively well if Ford were to bring them over. They won't sell 100k of them a year, but they'll sell a bunch.

+1

I'd consider one. I like the Mazda 5, so this would work for me...

Those are a bit bigger then the Mazda 5. I don't like the square rear end of the Galaxy, but the S-Max is a cool MPV!

Those are a bit bigger then the Mazda 5. I don't like the square rear end of the Galaxy, but the S-Max is a cool MPV!

Even better...

I know Ford only made subtle changes to the S-Max, but those changes were effective in making this vehicle look cooler and more upscale. I would like to see the S-Max come over to the U.S. market; I think it would kick the Venza and the terribly ungainly Accord Crosstour to the curb. I actually would like to see the S-Max and the 2011 regular C-Max come to the U.S. as utility vehicles for Mercury. Ford and Lincoln can both continue with CUVs and/or SUVs in their lineups while Mercury would be the only brand to get these great looking MAVs instead.

I would like to see the S-Max come over to the U.S. market; I think it would kick the Venza and the terribly ungainly Accord Crosstour to the curb.

+1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0