Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Detroit Preview: Next-generation Chevrolet Aveo RS to appear at Cobo

15 posts in this topic

Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Budget, Hatchback, Chevrolet

2011-chevy-aveo-spy-crop-250.jpgOn Wednesday night, Chevrolet held a media preview in Motown to discuss and show off some of what will be coming up at the Detroit Auto Show next month. Unfortunately, we were not allowed take any photos or video at the event, although General Motors officials did say we could write about anything that was discussed.

The presentation kicked off with an introduction to new Chevrolet general manager Jim Campbell who just assumed his role a week ago. Campbell and Mike Simcoe, director of exterior design, then spent the next half-hour showing off the same batch of new Chevrolets that we were shown in the GM design dome last August. All of these cars including the forthcoming Orlando MPV, Cruze, Camaro convertible, Volt and the all-new 2012 Malibu are promised to be in U.S. Chevrolet showrooms within the next 24 months. The Orlando remains pretty true to the 2008 concept, with the only real changes being to the details of the light clusters - just don't look for it at the Detroit show.

Anchoring the entr- level end of the Bowtie's lineup will be the Spark and Aveo. Campbell reaffirmed that the Spark will be coming to the U.S. in 2011, putting to rest - at least for the moment - rumors that the program had been canceled. The bigger news is the next Aveo which will get its first public viewing at next month's show. Read on after the jump for more details and observations.

[image: The Detroit News]

Continue reading Detroit Preview: Next-generation Chevrolet Aveo RS to appear at Cobo

Detroit Preview: Next-generation Chevrolet Aveo RS to appear at Cobo originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=3JytmgWWfpc:vZrK_jaTm5U:wF9xT autoblog?i=3JytmgWWfpc:vZrK_jaTm5U:V_sGL
3JytmgWWfpc

View the full article

Rally Sport Aveo! Woo!

Sounds like it should be a much better car than the one it replaces. Wonder why they didn't keep the Cobalt name but are keeping the Aveo name? Doesn't exactly have a great image.

I want to know more about the 2012 Malibu.

Rally Sport Aveo! Woo!

Sounds like it should be a much better car than the one it replaces. Wonder why they didn't keep the Cobalt name but are keeping the Aveo name? Doesn't exactly have a great image.

I want to know more about the 2012 Malibu.

The Aveo is a global Chevrolet name; Cobalt isn't.

The 2012 Malibu will likely replace both the North American Malibu and the global Daewoo Tosca/Chevrolet Epica.

Edited by pow

The 2012 Malibu will likely replace both the North American Malibu and the global Daewoo Tosca/Chevrolet Epica.

While I agree with you, neither is the Cruze. Cruze replaced the Optra world wide. GM would have been better off naming it Cobalt worldwide instead. Cobalt as such did not have any bad reputation other than being ho-hum.

How is "cobalt" which is a metal not a global name, whereas "cruze" which is purposely misspelled a global name?

Be interesting to see how this shapes up...with new small cars coming from Fiat/Mopar and the Fiesta coming over and...

Things could get very interesting...and also very tough for the Asians, who have had the small car market largely to themselves.

It's still stupid, and I still hate it.

ok, beretta, corsica, cavalier, chevette, vega, celebrity, lumina, citation, i don't think cruze is any more or less lame than those.........

Monza might be a good name for the coupe.

Edited by regfootball

if they took the "e" off the end:

"What kind of car is that? It looks pretty angry in the front."

"Oh, thanks! That's my new Chevy Cruzz."

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room