Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Confirmed: 2011 Ford Mustang GT to offer 412-horsepower 5.0L V8

16 posts in this topic

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Ford

2010-mustang-gt-2.jpg
2010 Ford Mustang GT - Click above for high-res image gallery

Thanks to a loose-lipped blogger that couldn't help himself from sharing insider information on Facebook and Twitter and a quick follow-up post from Inside Line, we can now confirm the return of the iconic 5.0L Mustang GT for 2011. Even better news is the fact that the mill will crank out an impressive 412 horsepower.

By way of comparison, the 2010 Chevy Camaro SS has a 6.2-liter V8 with as much as 422 horses when mated to a six-speed manual and the 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 has a 6.1-liter Hemi that offers 425 ponies. Remember, both of those rivals are considerably heavier than the Mustang.

As much as we'd like to unload more goods on the 2011 Mustang, you'll just have to wait until Ford's good and ready. Or someone blows another embargo, whichever comes first.

[source: Inside Line]

Confirmed: 2011 Ford Mustang GT to offer 412-horsepower 5.0L V8 originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=662gM1UrhmE:6pFb1VdTQ3w:wF9xT autoblog?i=662gM1UrhmE:6pFb1VdTQ3w:V_sGL
662gM1UrhmE

View the full article

Thanks for deleting my post, NewsFeeder. I had already posted this. That's really bad form. :cussing:

Anyway, it's good to see the 5.0 designation back. Nothing in the article indicates the specs on the engine...on BON forums, someone said it's going to be DOHC and is unrelated to the 'modular' 4.6/5.4 family. I'm embarassed to admit, but I haven't really kept up with the new engine development over at Ford that closely..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

we all new it was going to be very competitive, now we just need to have some real world numbers in controlled tests. or maybe a run around the nuremburgring! (spelling?)

Very impressive, should be a real rocket, thought I hope they upgrade the brakes and suspension too.

Its a competely new engine from the mod v8s. It will make 412 hp and in the 375-390 ftbl range. Its DOHC 4 valver wih the same twin variable valve timing of the new 3.7 v6. It will be a little lighter then the 4.6 with the same or slightly improved fuel econ. I can't wait to see this thing tested compared to a camaro SS. the weight difference should really help the mustang stomp it. Then we have to see what GM does to update the small block.

This certainly makes the pony car situation more interesting, can't wait to see what GM's response is.

Ya, interesting times.

I'm definitely waiting until MY 11 before I get serious about a new fun car, I think...

its just been confirmed the engine makes 390 ftlbs.

Sounds interesting, but this 5.0 sounds like it has about as much in common with the old 5.0 as the LS gen has in common with the LT generation.

Sounds interesting, but this 5.0 sounds like it has about as much in common with the old 5.0 as the LS gen has in common with the LT generation.

Nothing in common but the approx. displacement. Sounds like a great new engine.

It's the name...5.0 kind of has a magic quality to Mustang fans..it's one of the significant monikers of the Fox era, like Cobra, GT, or SVO, or GT, Mach 1, Boss, w/ the earlier era..

I want one of these to go w/ my 5.0 (the red car in my sig, from my big '80s younger days).

I thought about getting one of the '05-09 models a couple years ago...I think I'll wait on the '11..

Vanilla Ice never sang, 'Rollin in my 4.6' it was 'Rollin in my 5.0' I see a marketing opportunity.

Vanilla Ice never sang, 'Rollin in my 4.6' it was 'Rollin in my 5.0' I see a marketing opportunity.

Auggghh...please keep that no talent assclown out of things.

rob van winkle? hahah he did do a song, "boom", with bloodhound gang. hehe

They need to slap the 5.0 badges back on the sides.

I really love the way the '10 Mustang came out. It had some criticism initially about being too similar to the previous one, but if you really study it nearly everything was tweaked and refined, and the body has both a sharp and fluid look. It is almost like a retake on the 'new edge' style of late 90s / early 00s.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0