NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Someone Vandalized my Ninety Eight

24 posts in this topic

I got in the Toronado after 4 pm and said I finished the year. I drove home. I came home to something not pleasant. I got out of the Toronado and I went to the mailbox. Someone scratched up the trunk on the Ninety Eight. It was obvious a child or teenager did it. They carved swirl mark circles and the number 2 and something that looked like tic tac toe into the paint. I knew I had to be someone younger. I called my landlord and he listened, but he was not much help. He said call the police. For what? They will take two hours to get here just to write up a report. I called the body shop I use. I went there. I just got back. He looked at it and said that was a child playing like they were learning numbers in school. He said I will paint the trunk, the exterior mirrors, and the rear bumper for 500.00. I told him that was cheap and fair. He said come see me in January on the 2nd, and we will do this. He said your car is in great shape. He said let me tell you something. If it was an adult, they would have written a message. I said I know. I said my landlord said no one knows I actually live where I do. I said I have no enemies and I know my students do not know where I live and I have not given anyone any reason to do this. I just called the body shop back and they said they would work on the trunk hinges too. They said that is why it will not stay open.

I should be angry, but I am not. I guess because I had planned to go to the body shop in January anyway.

I realize it could be worse.

I called the police and filed a report. I have attached photos of the vandalism.

post-247-12616736492147.jpg

post-247-1261673663963.jpg

Damn...nice looking car...and sorry to see that.

One of the reasons I really don't want to go back to living in an apartment

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

Sorry to here 98, definitely seems like a younger kid by the looks of it. Body shop is giving you a great price though, I'd like to meet him so he can do the Prizm's quarter panel!

Sorry to hear this 98, man that really ticks me off. Kids or not, adults should have been keeping an eye on them and preventing this from happening.

Sorry to hear this 98, man that really ticks me off. Kids or not, adults should have been keeping an eye on them and preventing this from happening.

+1

People let their kids run amok these days. Were there footprints on the bumper? How did the kid reach up that far?

Thank you guys. As for your question Ocnblu: There was dirt on the bumper. They did not write anywhere else on the car. I checked. Just on the trunk like it was a chalkboard.

A month ago I found stickers on my cars. There was a sticker on the gas tank door of the Ninety Eight and one of the window of the Toronado. I pulled them off. It was the stickers children use to play with. This was some child or children or teenagers playing. They walked in my driveway to do this. I had not driven the Ninety Eight at all this week. It did not happen to the Toronado because I was in the Toronado. It was during the day. It is as the guys have said here. Someone was not watching their children.

I still say whatever child and teenager did this would get a serious beat down. If it was my child, someone would have been spanked, no Christmas and double secret probation. The chores around the house would increase too. Guess where your allowance money would go? Directly to that owner until it is paid off. You can forget hanging out with your friends too. That cell phone, that tv, that computer, the videos games, the skateboard will all belong to me. I will be cleaning out the room. The only thing that will be left in there are your clothes and the bed. Since you like to vandalize and have to to write, I will give you something to do. If I catch you violating any of the punishment rules, a month will be added each time. Yes sir....... You will think you served time in jail by the time I am through with you. You will learn for every experience there is a reaction. You will get the full benefit of your decision. You would be calling me "Daddy Dearest".

And for the parents of these vandals, you would be charged a fine by the courts plus the cost to repair the car. You will learn to keep watch of your children.

Update:

I have been keeping an eye on the house across the street. Why is it just now this man walked across the street to look at my car? He looked at it and turned around. He knows. They know some child did it. Someone told. He had no reason to walk across the street to look at my cars. BUSTED!!!

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Update:

I have been keeping an eye on the house across the street. Why is it just now this man walked across the street to look at my car? He looked at it and turned around. He knows. They know some child did it. Someone told. He had no reason to walk across the street to look at my cars. BUSTED!!!

Well I would confront him then and ask if it was his children or not, and if he tries to back peddle, you simply say then what made you decide to go look at my car right now in the first place. Why should you pay out of pocket for his lack of ability to monitor his kids.

Well I would confront him then and ask if it was his children or not, and if he tries to back peddle, you simply say then what made you decide to go look at my car right now in the first place. Why should you pay out of pocket for his lack of ability to monitor his kids.

x2.

Atleast it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

I would be beyond pissed if this happened to my Olds.

I hope you get to the bottom of this. If whoever did this to your car is out there, they can do it to others as well.

Its good you can get it fixed for a reasonable price though!

Second update:

The police finally showed up at 10:50-11:00 pm. They could not find the house. The city of Houston called me and told me to meet the officer outside. I went out there getting up out of my warm bed. I met him. He said your house is not even marked. He said you need to get your house marked. He got out of his patrol car and looked at the damage and said that was a child who did that. He is it is quite obvious. He said it was almost the child did not know any better and was writing and drawing. He wrote up the report. He said it very well could be those people across the street from you. He said I am going to tell you this now. Do not touch a minor, do not put your hands on them. He said if you see them come in your yard or touch your cars again you call us immediately and reference this case number. He said do not confront them either. He said you are aware of the law and what it says about touching minors. I said I was. He asked what kind of car was it. He typed in the police computer. Do you know all this stuff about me came up. It had my age, my physical description and all this stuff about my cars from the way they look, the model year and more. It even had how much I pay for my title and how much I pay every year for the state registration. It even had where my cars came from in other states and who owned them. yes, it is that serious. Just know when you are driving around, they are looking up information on you too. They know your physical address and more. I saw him change the screens and more.

The people across the street had their windows open. I know they saw me talking to the police. They saw when he flashed the light on my car and saw us talking. He wrote up the report and then when I got back inside to go back to get back in bed, the city of Houston called again and I had to repeat the same information to them again and they had me on the phone for a while. I had to go back outside and get the license plate of the Ninety Eight. He like the police officer told me it was criminal mischief. I just saw the people leave from cross the street with the children.

It is cold out there too!

I hope what they saw scared them enough to watch their children and stay out of my yard.

Hopefully, if it was those kids over there, the presence of police officers will deter them in the future. Good luck with the bodyshop in getting it fixed quickly and to your satisfaction.

The motivating, curdled, psychology behind it all and actions such as this is gives me pause. It is the physical manifestation of ugliness which is most frightening.

eeegads, 98 ... that whole situation ... from the damage to your car ... to the kids across the street ... to the whole police report experience ... just stinks.

Glad that the body shop gave you such a good price on getting it repaired. It could've been worse :(.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's so lonely being stranded with a dream you can't let go" ... Deborah Allen ... 'I Hurt For You'

I come back today and see this post of yours - I'm sorry to see this happened to you NINETY EIGHT. It is a shame that people don't take responsibility for their child(rens) actions and own up to what their kid did. It's also a shame parents don't monitor their child(ren) when they are outside playing. You had a child mess your car, I had a 69 y-o 'child' mess mine up! Either way we have to deal with these unfortunate issues. Like you, I was not as mad as I thought I'd be, but maybe because I know my car wasn't "perfect" to begin with (not that I want people to hit my car, but it wasn't something that caused me great anger). I hope all goes well and you're satisfied with the end result. Keep us posted.

Grrr... x2

x12 - Time to go looking for some kid butt to kick.

Being a Landlord myself, doing it for a living for a large company, and being one who is in school for his Master in Property Management, I can tell you your Landlord has no liability for this incident. I would keep an eye & ear out for the one who did it though as he can (at his option) assist you in going after them.

98 I just read all of this today after finding the post & in a nut shell I'm sorry to hear ya had to deal with all of this mess. Knowing you from your posts you are level headed & will head the polices warning about the minors. Depending on age the kids may or may not know what they did was wrong(age of reasoning) I didn't read any ages of the children suspected. As a former child I know I would try my parents rules and boundaries. As a parent I know all to well of the times my girls misbehaved and caused my wife and I grief. I'm not letting the parent off because he did know to come over to look at the damage then not talk to you about it. He is responsible for monetary damages so I would monitor this closely even to the point of cameras hooked to your computer, they're quite cheap and helpful.

I'm glad it's a minor issue(pun not intended) and not like it's a total and you didn't get physically harmed. Seems like a lot of this car stuff happening all at years end. Here's wishing everyone at Cheers & Gears a Happy & profitable New Year! Rick

Thank you guys for all of your well wishes. It is appreciated.

****I took Ninety Eight in today(12/31/09).

They are going to try to buff the trunk out first to remove the damage. If that does not work, it will be painted.

They will get the springs for the trunk. They called a GM Chevrolet dealer. If they do not get it from them, it will be this place that carries discontinued GM parts.

The other parts( exterior mirrors, the hood, the rear bumper will all be painted.)

The other scratches will be buffed out first then touched up with the paint used to paint the other parts.

I will see Ninety Eight in 7 to 10 days.

I really hope those kids get taught a lesson somehow. You could always send TLJ over to talk to them...

TLJkillwithpaper.jpg

Well I'm glad they're going to try to buff it first, it could all come out. No worries about color match and it'll be much, much cheaper. Let us know how they make out with that.

That sucks...I hate not having a garage. I had garages for over 10 years in Colorado, but in PHX have to sit out exposed the damn cats, bird poop, tree junk, etc.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room