Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balthazar

The Balthazar Files

39 posts in this topic

I am going to open up my literature & print ad collection for select individual sales.

I have over 5000 print ads from the '20s thru today. The selection after roughly the mid '90s is not nearly as volumous as everything earlier, and knowing me, 97% of it is domestic-based, but there is some foreign stuff.

If you have a favored year/make/model of car you'd like to have an original print ad of, PM me a request and I'll see what I have and give you a price. For most of you, I likely have an original ad for whatever you are driving/own or aspire to own.

I also have a vast reference file of 'clip' articles & pictures- fills 2 entire filing cabinet drawers 24" deep. These I would only be interested in providing a copy of, not the originals- so if you are looking for an article / review of a particular car, try me.

I also have a few dozen sales brochures, mostly '80s & '90s. These, too are available.

Obviously- this is FAR TOO MUCH to create a listing for. Anyway- it's time to 'thin out' the collection a bit, so it's offered up here before anywhere else. Thanks.

Edited by balthazar

Have anything 77-79 Oldsmobile 88 or 98 related? I already own a '79 brochure. Also anything '95 Riviera related, again I own the brochure already as well as a promotional video ( which my VCR ate btw)

'77 Delta 88 pace car (w/ 5 prior pace car pics)

'77 98 Regency coupe

'77 98 R sedan

'77 Custom Cruiser

'77 Delta 88 sedan

'78 Delta 88 sedan

'78 88 Holiday coupe

'78 98 R sedan

'78 98 R sedan

'79 88 Royale Brougham sedan

'79 88 Holiday coupe

'79 Custom Cruiser

'79 full-line

'79 full-line diesel

Riv report to come...

Wow that was a quick response, so far I would be interested in the 77 pace car,'78 98 sedan and '79 88 Royale, I wasn't expecting you to have so much which is why I made the search based on those 3 years for that particular body style. I'm curious to see what you find on the Riv.

DeltaForce79 : Riv ads ~ '97, 3 different '96s, 5 different '95s.

Z-06 : have a folder of Corvette ads, I just filed in a bunch, no list- what yr are you looking for specifically? I know I have 60s thru '90s, not sure about earlier.

'52 Hornet: yes, prolly a few others, will only part with doubles (the '52 is a double).

Chevy COE: will have to check but do not believe so. Have a small cache of un-filed Chevy truck ads, but most are '60s...

Camino : NO Firehawks (will double-check). Don't recall seeing ads for these, either.

Olds : I would guess at least 4 dozen Toro ads off the top of my head. Cadillac : numerous '20s, '30s & '40s- but you're out of luck if it's not a double.

Most sacred of marques to me: Cadillac, Pontiac and any independants.

Frankly, the vintage of requests here is throwing me- that's where the volume is, so memory of it is not 100% (over 5000 = sue me) & like I said- I have no comprehensive list.

I had you guys figured for solid '80s & '90s vehicles.

Camino/Sprint ads?

I have a bunch of brochures for Firehawk/Camino/Sprint, but never looked for print ads.

I know SLP did a few (small, I think) ads for Firehawk - likely nothing full page. Can't even remember what they looked like.

Z-06 : have a folder of Corvette ads, I just filed in a bunch, no list- what yr are you looking for specifically? I know I have 60s thru '90s, not sure about earlier.

'52 Hornet: yes, prolly a few others, will only part with doubles (the '52 is a double).

Chevy COE: will have to check but do not believe so. Have a small cache of un-filed Chevy truck ads, but most are '60s...

That sounds promising. Please send me more details about the Corvette.

All right- with general requests (ie: 'Corvette'), you guys are forcing me to inventory & organize the collection, or at least the folders mentioned in this thread. If a specific year(s) was mentioned, I could pull those readily enough, AKA; DeltaForce's '77-79 B-body Olds. Last time I counted (which is the better part of 10 years ago I would guess) I had 54 Corvette ads, but I must have added another 15 since. Chevy used to place the C2 in cameo pics for more mainstream models- dedicated Corvette ads are uncommon prior to the C3s, in general. I don;t think I have any vettes ads prior to '60.

I am going to see how productive I can be in counting those mentioned above, and will update here when each is tallied. 'til then, your patience is appreciated.

OLDS~ I should have a few double Cadillacs prior to '49- will check. Not looking for '60s or '70s stuff ??

Camino~ definately have El Camino ads- just saw a '65 and '66 ad today, shuffling thru unfiled ads. What years are you interested in: '70-72 ?

Edited by balthazar

*raises eyebrow*

Have anything "Monte Carlo", 1970-1988?

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Maybe I'll drive so far they'll all lose track" ... Dolly Parton ... 'Hard Candy Christmas'

Cort~ lots of MC ads, esp '70s. Pick some years.

Z-06~ I just did a count of Corvette ads: 81 dedicated (some are fantastic- the C5 'secret file' ad!), plus 17 where the 'vette cameos in Chevy advertising.

I have multiples for the years: 69, 70, 77, 78, 80, 81, 82, 84, 85, 86, 97, 98

I think I have a few more tucked here-n-there, I thought I had more than just the 1 C2 ad I found- they may still be in magazines. I also did not go thru the Life ads- but pretty sure the Corvette never advertised in there in the '60s-'70s.

Balthazar sorry for getting specific in my requests, there is no rush, I know you've already found what I asked for and it is much appreciated. I just got over xmas shopping and now I have the girlfriend's birthday coming in Jan so more shopping is in store for me. If time isn't an issue I'll get back to you on what I'd want to take off your hands probably in Jan at some point. You can PM me if you like with an estimate on what you're looking to get for some of the ads. As it stand I'm leaning towards 3 Olds ads and possibly all 95 Riviera ones.

I'm interested in all Camino ads '59-'87.

The early Chevelle-based ones are interesting as I don't have any brochures from those years.

All right- with general requests (ie: 'Corvette'), you guys are forcing me to inventory & organize the collection, or at least the folders mentioned in this thread. If a specific year(s) was mentioned, I could pull those readily enough, AKA; DeltaForce's '77-79 B-body Olds. Last time I counted (which is the better part of 10 years ago I would guess) I had 54 Corvette ads, but I must have added another 15 since. Chevy used to place the C2 in cameo pics for more mainstream models- dedicated Corvette ads are uncommon prior to the C3s, in general. I don;t think I have any vettes ads prior to '60.

See I am helping you organize. :P

Cort~ lots of MC ads, esp '70s. Pick some years.

Z-06~ I just did a count of Corvette ads: 81 dedicated (some are fantastic- the C5 'secret file' ad!), plus 17 where the 'vette cameos in Chevy advertising.

I have multiples for the years: 69, 70, 77, 78, 80, 81, 82, 84, 85, 86, 97, 98

I think I have a few more tucked here-n-there, I thought I had more than just the 1 C2 ad I found- they may still be in magazines. I also did not go thru the Life ads- but pretty sure the Corvette never advertised in there in the '60s-'70s.

If you want specifics. I would love know more about the "secrets" and if possible if you can find anything for the Stingrays or Vettes boasting the 427 or the big blocks.

DeltaForce - >>"Balthazar sorry for getting specific in my requests"<<

Dude- that's what I ASKED for- greatly appreciated.

10-4, we'll touch base in Jan.

Z-06 - Like I said, only the 1 C2 ad showed up, you can prolly find a copy online- it was titles "The Winnah". Even the late '60s ads don;t call out the big blocks specifically. I will get back with more descriptions of the 'secret file' ads & such soon.

Camino - I'll have to comb thru the rather large Chevy file, but I know I have 65, 66, 67 and 78 EC ads. Nothing for '59-60, tho, unfortunately.

Only C1 ads showing up are cameos in other Chevy advertising.

First is a tiny pic in a '58 ad (drawn).

I have a 2-page '59 full-line ad; ariel photo of all models in a circle, ElCamino & Corvette are present.

Another decent but minor shot in a full-line '61 ad.

Also appeared as a cameo & blurb in a '62 Corvair ad.

-- -- -- -- --

Not that this is any of your's fault, but as I stated- I figured the bulk of you to be after '80s & '90s stuff. I do not want to sell any ads I only have a single copy of... and unfortunately most of the vintage stuff you guys are mentioning falls into that category. The newer stuff (after '79) I'm willing to let single copies go.

-- -- -- -- --

I counted the Life/ Sat Even Post ads tonight. Found a very weird ad from '70: a Corvette and a flat-front Chevy semi tractor, both white with a red racing stripe down the center. I should scan it...

Camino- There were comprehensive trucks ads for '64 & '66 that included the Elky. One have 1 copy of each tho.

WMJ- I have 2 different '49 Ply DeL wagon ads, 1 '29 Dodge Landau sedan ad, no '51 but a '50 NYer ad, but no doubles on any of them.

I have the others you mentioned... will update w/ exactly what soon.

You know, a regular feature entitled "The Balthazar Files" with a bit of scan and post of these one-off ads would be a nice addition around here.

You know, a regular feature entitled "The Balthazar Files" with a bit of scan and post of these one-off ads would be a nice addition around here.

A blast from the advertiser's past. Wait that did not sound right.

I'm not against that, but I have to scan on computer #2, disk it, open it on computer #1 where Photoshop lives so I can 1. join it if it's a 2-pager, crop it, maybe adjust for scan degeneration, etc), re-disk it, upload on computer #2 to photobucket (or C&G ??). Prolly 30 minutes / ad. I need to get that tractor/Corvette ad up, tho. Let me try...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0