2007 Dodge STR8 Super Bee

HarleyEarl

Hmmm..the 1970 colors and striping is a bit overdone. A Charger SRT/8 with no graphics and in a color like dark gray would be more to my taste.

Of course, I can understand them playing up the retrostalgia angle, considering what a strong musclecar heritage Dodge has...

Edited by moltar

I really like the SRT8, but the Super Bee stickers are horrible.  I'm all for looking back into the 60's and 70's and like the Daytona editions but even as a kid I could never figure out what was cool about a "Super Bee"?  It just sounds silly and looks just as silly.

This doesn't look cool??

Posted Image

Posted Image

It was called that due to the location of it's stripe being called a "bumble bee" stripe.

Posted Image

I know the origin of the bumble bee stripe, but never thought a bee with a helmet, sunglasses and headers was cool. It was silly to me and I was 5 years old.

And it doesn't wear well. It's reaks of the 70s. Some things translate well, others, not so much.

My dad had just a Road Runner and I liked that as a kid, Can we have one of those again?

I'll take a Super Bird but you can keep the bee.

The Super Bee, Road Runner badging/naming was kind of campy, cartoony..I guess they were products of their times.--fun naming for fun cars.

Though I prefer the more serious-named version of these cars--the Coronet R/T and GTX.

Call me crazy but my Dodge dealer already has one of these on the lot.

Not bad but, just says that Charger aren't selling THAT great out the gate.

I don't think he has an official one from Dodge. He either has the Daytona (which might look similar) or he has an aftermarket badged one.

Also why do you think this is in response to slow sales? That doesn't make sense. The Heritage Edition 300C is in response to slowing sales of the 300 after being on the market for so long but this isn't.

BTW I did not see this at NAIAS press days!

When was it there?

Harley Earl where did you get the images at 12:45 today?

Just wondering.

As far as the package. I love the hood in that black. I think that's hot. Even the graphics at the back give a stinger type look. Shoot, if you're going to get an SRT-8 might as well get this one. Interior is custom too.

But I'd like to see some mechanical changes over the standard one to make it really stand out.

Edited by mphmag

There's about 200 of those Daytona edition Chargers a block away from my house. . . Ground effects has the contract to do the final details (decals and front fascia) and Ive heard that DCX will do the same for the SRT8 Rumble Bee.

I don't think he has an official one from Dodge. He either has the Daytona (which might look similar) or he has an aftermarket badged one.

Also why do you think this is in response to slow sales? That doesn't make sense. The Heritage Edition 300C is in response to slowing sales of the 300 after being on the market for so long but this isn't.

The 300's sales don't seem to be slowing. '05 sales are up over 30,000. Where are all the people on here that were certain that the 300's sales were going to tank after the first year?? :P I hear the Charger is selling at about 9K per month currently.

LX PLATFORM

(01) CHRYSLER 300……………………….144,068 (04-112,930)

(02) DODGE CHARGER…………………...44,804

(03) DOGE MAGNUM……………………….52,487 (04-39,217)

TOTAL………………………………..241,359 (04-152,147) up 63%

It may not have been an SRT8 at NAIAS, but I'm almost positive I remember there being a Charger in yellow with all the black (maybe not even a super bee?)

It was a Super Bee. I think it's parked behind that raised center display with all the SRT vehicles.

The 300's sales don't seem to be slowing.  '05 sales are up over 30,000.  Where are all the people on here that were certain that the 300's sales were going to tank after the first year??  :P I hear the Charger is selling at about 9K per month currently.

I'm pretty sure you're looking at totals from 04 to 05 not month to month which I thought they, DCX, themselves said was slowing.

That's why they're putting out all these new "packages" that save you money on options etc. Which I think is a good idea and shows a better way to sell than big red tag events.

just a different way to keep interest. I wasn't saying it was a major slowdown or anything like that. they're still selling very well.

It's on the raised display not too far from the Challenger. I took a picture of it:

Posted Image

I think Dodge's plan is to keep cranking out special editions like last years Daytona and this years Super Bee until they're exhausted all the old colours and names from the "good 'ol days". I, for one, am waiting for the "Plum Crazy" edition.