balthazar

sales figures

no bimmer here should be fwd. none of the US bimmers should have anything less than a turbo 4.

i thought i saw a test that had a 1 series at 3600+ pounds. I will need to look into that. 2011 mustang v6 is under 3500 pounds and over 300 hp.

Coupes: man (auto)

128i - 3252 (3329)

135i - 3373 (3384)

Convertibles: man (auto)

128i - 3494 (3571)

135i - 3660 (3671)

I actually think GM is going to sell fewer cars and trucks as it focuses on building better ones.

Keep in mind, for years, they sold a crapwad of cars. Fiero at its worst sold more than Miata at its best...Acura dold something like 60,000 Integras a year while Pontiac Sold 250,000 Grand Am's...etc.

The 3 series sells fewer cars because it is a premium car and an aquired taste. The same thing willhappen with GM. the cars will be more expensive, but they will be everything that they should be, and the owners will love the vbehicles becuase of that.

Thus, I agree with Oldsmoboi...Nissan better worry about GM, because they are a comin with the product...

Coupes: man (auto)

128i - 3252 (3329)

135i - 3373 (3384)

Convertibles: man (auto)

128i - 3494 (3571)

135i - 3660 (3671)

ok, twas the convertible.

I actually think GM is going to sell fewer cars and trucks as it focuses on building better ones.

Keep in mind, for years, they sold a crapwad of cars. Fiero at its worst sold more than Miata at its best...Acura dold something like 60,000 Integras a year while Pontiac Sold 250,000 Grand Am's...etc.

The 3 series sells fewer cars because it is a premium car and an aquired taste. The same thing willhappen with GM. the cars will be more expensive, but they will be everything that they should be, and the owners will love the vbehicles becuase of that.

Thus, I agree with Oldsmoboi...Nissan better worry about GM, because they are a comin with the product...

Nissan has been riding the early decade success of the Altima a bit too long now. Nissans large SUV and truck biz is toast. Maxima and Infiniti not strong. Sentra not up with the best. 370 is a great car but not a huge market steamroller. Murano and Rogue do well but not gonna take down Honda or Toyota.

Nissan needs to be worried to be honest. Subaru is gaining sales and Mazda is arguably keeping their product fresh more completely.

Nissan's boom came on their specialty products that are now in market segments that are tanking REALLY bad. Once the Altima goes stale they may be in huge trouble.

One can only hope....

Don't really think Nissan makes any cars I'm that crazy about...

i like the x terra myself. i've liked the quest but its not been reliable.

the sentra SE-r from 8 yrs ago was fun.