Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

New Chevrolet sets Sail for China

21 posts in this topic

Filed under: Budget, Sedan, China, Chevrolet

chevy_sail_new.jpg
2010 Chinese-market Chevy Sail - Click above for image gallery

The Chinese-market Chevrolet Sail has had quite a life, at one time being a rebadged Opel, at another time being built in China, at another time being called the Buick Sail. The 2010 model has been spotted - which was at one time thought to be the new Chevy Lova - and it's plastic fantastic. Honestly, when we look at it we don't even think Aveo, we think Cavalier, and then feel bad for anyone who might have to live through that experience.

But that's our own flashbacks; the car has sold well and appears to have a solid reputation in China, and the 2010 version should continue the trend. Engine options are said to number two: a 1.2-liter with 78 horsepower, and a 1.4-liter with 96 hp. They will work through a five-speed manual or perhaps a four-speed auto in an upper trim. The price in China is expected to be less than $9,390.

Gallery: 2010 Chevy Sail

00_chevy_sail_new_thumbnail.jpg01_chevy_sail_new_thumbnail.jpg02_chevy_sail_new_thumbnail.jpg03_chevy_sail_new_thumbnail.jpg

[source: Autohome (translated) via Autoblog Spanish (translated)]

New Chevrolet sets Sail for China originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=MdqGvgDuV1E:zSuDdu74F2s:wF9xT autoblog?i=MdqGvgDuV1E:zSuDdu74F2s:V_sGL
MdqGvgDuV1E

View the full article

Dayum, thass hot, son.:rolleyes:

Maybe I've had too many GM compacts, but it doesn't look that bad to me.....

where the world is headed. looks ok for its mission.

can we get an SS with the 260hp turbo though for the US at least?

and some nice 13" low profile tyres? ;)

love the 'twin cowl' dash!!!!!!! LMAO!!!

Can't wait to see the SS version.

That's the first I thought Cavalier also the interior reminds me of our companies fleet cars. but that's not all bad. Good solid cheap rides for the masses I think that they could sell a car similar in the states larger than the smallest Chevy, "scooter" interior for thousands less the engine could be 3cyl. Ecotech base & upped to turbo for modern acceleration. Just an option to a used car the plus being a 100k mile warranty. Thinking of Geo Metro, we just need to change insurance & registration laws to promote this multiple usage & ownership

Cool is that the new S40? First time I've seen it. Nice improvement!/sarcasm

Cool is that the new S40? First time I've seen it. Nice improvement!/sarcasm

Ah, the Geely.

As far as the Sail, I assume it is the new Aveo. Note the Cruze-inspired nose treatment.

So the Sail model is moving from Buick to Chevy in China?

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

The All-New Chevy Snail.:smilewide:

It's not terrible, but the overall feeling I get is that the Cruze, Aveo, Camry, and Yaris got smashed into one vehicle...

This better not be US-bound. Really, this may have been competitive in 1999...but that interior is atrocious.

That's the first I thought Cavalier also the interior reminds me of our companies fleet cars. but that's not all bad. Good solid cheap rides for the masses I think that they could sell a car similar in the states larger than the smallest Chevy, "scooter" interior for thousands less the engine could be 3cyl. Ecotech base & upped to turbo for modern acceleration. Just an option to a used car the plus being a 100k mile warranty. Thinking of Geo Metro, we just need to change insurance & registration laws to promote this multiple usage & ownership

Exactly. More folks would buy a third car like this for commuting to save fuel if it wasn't an insurance penalty.

should have called it a Cavalier.

Nope. Metro maybe....

+2

Id like to see the Cavalier nameplate return. what about badging the Cruze 2 door a Cavalier? I have owned five Cavaliers, a 96 coupe, 97 convertible, 98 coupe, 04 coupe and a 03 sedan that i still own. people rag the Cavalier but i didnt have any major problems with any of them. never left me stranded.

Honestly, after having driven customers' Civics at work (test drives, necessary after repairs), I don't see what's so great about them. They feel solid, but they have so much road noise, even the new ones. Unacceptable. And the new-style coupe and sedan I've driven both had issues that people chastised GM for for years... rough mold edges on plastic interior parts, silver paint coming off trim from oily fingers, etc.

My Cobalt is not a Cadillac, nor is it finished like one, but it is a quiet, spunky little car that looks good and hasn't given me a lick of trouble except for the electric power steering noise, which was taken care of with a re-engineered part that has been trouble-free.

I still wouldn't give a plug nickle for a Snail.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room